Free online Certification training advice

Electrofreak

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey folks. About time I got my ass certified, so I'm working on training myself on some downtime at work.

I'm looking at fairly entry level certs, Network+, Security+, MSCDT, etc. I am however interested in finding resources for MSCSA and MSCSE certs as well, as I'm going to push hard towards those certifications.

I've got a fair bit of PC service and home network experience, but not much experience with server systems or business networks, and I'm looking to start learning. Budget is tight, so I'm hoping to find some good resources online. And yes, I know how to Google; all the stuff I've found so far either costs money, is outdated, and/or crap.

So am I stuck forking over some cash for some decent training materials or can someone point me to a good resource?

I figger I shud probably take a looksee at these here "netwurks" and "sirvirs" I keep hearin' about. :p

Last edited:
for the "+" certifications, go grab you a book from barnes & noble and study, then go take the test. book + test fees will probably run you $200/cert + your time to study.

all MSFT certs can be had by finding the test#, and going to buy the book for that test, and then registering for the test, paying the fee, and passing.

for the "+" certifications, go grab you a book from barnes & noble and study, then go take the test. book + test fees will probably run you $200/cert + your time to study.

all MSFT certs can be had by finding the test#, and going to buy the book for that test, and then registering for the test, paying the fee, and passing.

Buying books is what I was hoping to avoid. I mean, if it comes down to it, I will, but I figured that somewhere out there sloshing around in the tubes of the internets there has to be a couple good free training websites.

These sites are what i use along with the cert book itself i Usaully use Sybex or Mike Meyers books

http://www.mcmcse.com/
http://www.proprofs.com/

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Back