Free NFR Micrsoft Office Small Business Edition 2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Free NFR (not for resale) copy of Micrsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 from Microsoft. Click on the "Order sales kit now" button.

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/usa/promotions/sbe2.aspx?camp=usasbe&origin=print

I always feel guilty for trying to take advantage of deals that are specifically NOT FOR ME. Sadly, I will pass this one up and continue using my open office.

Nice deal though for Microsoft partners.

Filled it out, but it does not like Canadians even though it says state/province and zip/postalcode.

I'm only a registered Microsoft Partner... Really, there is no requirement for registering other than spending the time to fill out some forms.

Originally posted by Nate53085
I always feel guilty for trying to take advantage of deals that are specifically NOT FOR ME. Sadly, I will pass this one up and continue using my open office.

Nice deal though for Microsoft partners.
I'm usually pretty sketchy about those too...but I read over that site, and nowhere do I see it say it's restricted to "xyz only". Even reading the requirements for becoming a Microsoft Partner, it says:
Consider joining the program if:
* You would like to receive many of the same resources and tools that Microsoft's own technical managers have access to, such as development and testing licenses, internal and marketing use licenses, beta software, training licenses, and savings on Product Support Services.
heck, that's me...
I'm also a system builder, since I build and sell systems to various people...and yes, they're running Microsoft software.

Office Small Business Edition 2003 Sales Kit for Microsoft Partners?

Sales Kit?

One day I am a qualifying partner the next day I am not? What the fuck that is a bunch of shit.

Originally posted by GTP_driver
Please do not abuse this if you're not a real qualifying microsoft partner.
Everyone is going to abuse it...thats the point of posting it here. You just want your free stuff just like everyone else does. I imagine you take up any offer on any free deal out there regardless of your affiliation to the program...hypocrite.

Originally posted by huxley
Everyone is going to abuse it...thats the point of posting it here. You just want your free stuff just like everyone else does. I imagine you take up any offer on any free deal out there regardless of your affiliation to the program...hypocrite.

FYI,
1. I am a legit oem partner with microsoft. I recently acquired volume licenses for Office 2k3 and xp for my company (over 3000 stations for east coast offices).
2. I didn't apply for the free stuff from microsoft as you implied i did.
3. Through programs like this one my company is able to save time and MONEY before we actually migrate.

FYI,
1. I am a legit oem partner with microsoft. I recently acquired volume licenses for Office 2k3 and xp for my company (over 3000 stations for east coast offices).
2. I didn't apply for the free stuff from microsoft as you implied i did.
3. Through programs like this one my company is able to save time and MONEY before we actually migrate.
As I am, I work for a company of 1k people and order volume licenses for office. I don't even bother getting mad at these people because I already get my "free" copy from work. If you order that many volume licenses MS already sends you stuff for free regardless of you signing up for programs like this.

All people that signed up for this are just wasting 30 seconds of their life anyway. This was posted on slickdeals, who in their right mind thinks that MS is going to give away 100,000+ free copies of Small Business Office 2k3? I find it laughable

As I am, I work for a company of 1k people and order volume licenses for office. I don't even bother getting mad at these people because I already get my "free" copy from work. If you order that many volume licenses MS already sends you stuff for free regardless of you signing up for programs like this.

All people that signed up for this are just wasting 30 seconds of their life anyway. This was posted on slickdeals, who in their right mind thinks that MS is going to give away 100,000+ free copies of Small Business Office 2k3? I find it laughable

i'm just mad that all these people that do not qualify apply for things like this and prevent legit people from getting it

well that didnt take very long...

guess GTP_driver was right... too many people trying to get free shit. while i am signed up as a retailer, i havent had the opportunity to use it, since well, i have no money to build computers with and sell them...

i just signed up a member and it got a confirmation number and it stated it will be here in 7-10 days

we will see

Originally posted by hellomynameis
i just signed up a member and it got a confirmation number and it stated it will be here in 7-10 days

we will see

me too :)

I signed up for it, will check email later. And yes, I am in with a company that is reged with microsoft.

i'm just mad that all these people that do not qualify apply for things like this and prevent legit people from getting it

I'm a certified partner and most of the time I don't even have to ask to have the NFR's mailed. Atleast once a month something new is showing up.

But you are right though. It would be funny of the names and email addresses were checked against actual partners and then when they didn't match a bill was sent out for the MSRP for the product. Since they stated false information on the form.

*Edit* Looks like they may have fixed the it. It is now checking your Passport ID before you can get in.

Originally posted by Jgedeon
I'm a certified partner and most of the time I don't even have to ask to have the NFR's mailed. Atleast once a month something new is showing up.

But you are right though. It would be funny of the names and email addresses were checked against actual partners and then when they didn't match a bill was sent out for the MSRP for the product. Since they stated false information on the form.

*Edit* Looks like they may have fixed the it. It is now checking your Passport ID before you can get in.
Exactly as I was saying. MS already sents its partners and affiliates free stuff without any forms. I don't even know why they do this.

I recently received their win2k3 package but i'm just not too happy that things like this will eventually ruin things for everyone. Seriously people like me do not have time to go to their seminars.

i cant believe you wonder why they are doing this. its not that hard to figure out. microsoft wants contact information. information is power, undisputable power. they probably know shit like this gets posted all over fee stuff sites. however by signing up you just gave them an address they can keep recorded in a database. maybe you used a different name, but dont think they wont find that out. they are simply getting information. plus how many people read the license agreements. probably states that they can send your personal information if this program is used.

...got the confirmation email so hopefully it comes:p

I recently received their win2k3 package but i'm just not too happy that things like this will eventually ruin things for everyone. Seriously people like me do not have time to go to their seminars.
no offense, but why should we worry about you getting free stuff and not us? Of course you can make time to go to a seminar if you want to, I would be truly shocked to see a person who had a schedule that did not allow them to free of 2 hours on a certain day. Maybe you should not be getting free stuff at all either?

no offense, but why should we worry about you getting free stuff and not us? Of course you can make time to go to a seminar if you want to, I would be truly shocked to see a person who had a schedule that did not allow them to free of 2 hours on a certain day. Maybe you should not be getting free stuff at all either?

actually it's more like 4hrs + travel time. and seminars don't always work around my schedule. I still have about 20+ projects on my to do list that needs to be completed ASAP. Try working 60+hrs every week.

actually it's more like 4hrs + travel time. and seminars don't always work around my schedule. I still have about 20+ projects on my to do list that needs to be completed ASAP. Try working 60+hrs every week.
You never answered my question regarding why you deserve free stuff and i dont? I already do work 60 hours a week, it is called working full time and going to college full time. Stop acting like you are doing the impossible. Also, why should anyone "try" working 60 hours a week? Why don't you "try" getting a job that doesnt make you work so much over your limit.

correct me if im wrong but was it that microsoft company that developed the business model of giving stuff away for free, then monopolized the entire earth with their stuff? Im not sure.

Totally off topic. This is [H]otDeals, not the Soapbox. I suggest you give it a rest.

You never answered my question regarding why you deserve free stuff and i dont? I already do work 60 hours a week, it is called working full time and going to college full time. Stop acting like you are doing the impossible. Also, why should anyone "try" working 60 hours a week? Why don't you "try" getting a job that doesnt make you work so much over your limit.

Originally posted by MajorDomo
Totally off topic. This is [H]otDeals, not the Soapbox. I suggest you give it a rest.
Perhaps you missed the post from the other use egging me on? You must have....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back