FREE NA Shipping on all Ratpadz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for you Kyle. I currently own the original Ratpadz as well as about 5 Ratpadz GS.

This Ratpadz XT looks like the original Ratpadz. Can you clarify whether or not it is, and if not, what improvements were made to it? Guaranteed, I would still be using the original Ratpadz if it didn't have this flaw: WARPING. The pad would warp and become curved up the middle. It's still like that to this day, and that type of warping rendered it unusable.

Can you confirm that the Ratpadz XT fixes this warping issue?

Thanks.

The pad will warp over time depending what temperature and stress it is exposed to. This is easily fixed.

http://www.ratpadz.com/maintenance.php

I have two here in my office that I use, 4 or 5 years old. One that sits under a hot monitor will warp over time, but is easily bent back into shape. This is simply the nature of the plastic, but this also heavily lends to the durability of Ratpadz XT.

I like mine with a little bend to it as it seems to plant the feet more firmly when I game.

Also if you pad is sliding around, it is likely time that you clean the dust off the feet and your desk.

Awesome deal. Just bought one to replace my GS. It has a couple of glossy worn spots on it after a couple years of use. I figure if the XT is tougher I should get 5 years out of it easy.

Hey can somoene tell me how long this priority USPS shipping would take to get to Montreal, Canada? I just wanna make sure that I don't order it and it gets here when I'm on vacation.

Hey can somoene tell me how long this priority USPS shipping would take to get to Montreal, Canada? I just wanna make sure that I don't order it and it gets here when I'm on vacation.

6 to 10 days is our experience. USPS International Priority Mail.

I could use a nice mousepad, this one I have is small. The price is definately right. Gonna jump on this, thanks.

Nice deal...I've been tempted to buy a replacement for my first-gen version for a while now, I've had it for 5 or 6 years - this made it easy to pull the trigger.

Crap I forgot when I sent money from my bank to my paypal to account for any possible sales tax DOH! I only had 20usd sent. Guess I'll have to wait another few days before ordering one.

Went through the process for 2 and can't use my credit card, live in Canada. I tried ,and left Steven a message.:(

Just placed an order on an XT. Ive been wanting one of these for a long time and couldn't pass this deal up. Thanks Kyle!

Went through the process for 2 and can't use my credit card, live in Canada. I tried ,and left Steven a message.:(

Yea... I was told the same.

Linda said:
Peter,

We can only take international orders paid for through Paypal. Hope this will work for you.

[email protected]

KB Accessories, Inc.

That kinda sux. I have purchaced things on my Visa in the USA... heck, I paid my sister's power bill in Arizona using this card.

Sorry, all... not trying to create issues... just waaay easier for me to use Visa.

(okay, okay... I am a paypal virgin... just old enough to like what has worked for me)

-Sky

Paypal really couldn't be easier. You can even leave it unconfirmed where it's not tied to your bank account so there's no worries. That's how I use mine when I need it.

Linda was also a big help and confirmed that she got me all cancelled on the GS and set on the XT. Thanks again Kyle!

Hey, Kyle, you wanted to know what Linda said about shipping to Mexico:

Linda said:
Thank you for your interest in our Ratpadz XT. Since we do not have ourwebsite set up for international mailing at this time, we have establishedthe following. You can pay through Paypal to the account"[email protected]". We will need your physical mailing address andyour telephone number.

The cost will be $19.99 for the Ratpadz XT and $9.00 for shipping - totalcost for one pad $28.99 (USD).

The cost of two Ratpadz XT's would be $39.98 for the two pads and $9.00 forshipping - total cost for two pads $48.98 (USD). You save the shippingcharge on the second Ratpadz XT!

Please remember to include your telephone number as it is required byCustoms for Priority International Mailing.

Delivery time is 6-10 days.

We look forward to receiving your order.

Thank you,
[email protected]
KB Accessories, Inc.

$9,00 is pretty reasonable for international shipping, so that's awesome! I think I'll be putting in an order in a couple days... Linda's a saleswoman too, "Buy two and save on shipping!" lol.

So the major difference between the GS and XT is the longevity? Something like the $5 for one year General Mayhem vs. $15 for a lifetime subscription?

I bought one of these back when Kyle was offering the free mouse feet with purchase. Free shipping in addition is an exceptional deal.

The mouse feet don't work so well with my G7, since it already has teflon feet, you can't really put something on there without it getting bent up. I originally was using two of the feet on my teflon feet, now I am down to one but it still helps ever so slightly with mousing.

I upgraded from a Corepad Magna. I like this pad because it is smaller (Magna was a bit big for me), smoother (doesn't seem to get dirty as much), doesn't slide whatsoever, and more comfortable. Although both pads are solid surfaces, the XT feels much better on my hand/wrist for whatever reason. I guess it's just the texture of the pad.

tl;dr - If you don't have one yet, get one.

I went from using a crappy cloth pad to an XT. It was simply amazing! As someone else mentioned, it is very wide, so I have my vertical next to my keyboard. It wraps around the end of the keyboard so nicely! When I finally had the space to lay it horizontal, I didn't like it as much, so back vertical it went.

Great product!

Hey folks! I've been a long time reader of Hard OCP but finally stopped by to post since I got a hit on my logs from someone trying to hotlink - LMAO!

Ratpadz hooked us up with about a dozen of the XTs for our past America's Army event. You can check out the pictures here: http://events.fbi-team.org

I can honestly say that this mousing surface is the best yet. I went from sone flimsy mouse pads to no mouse pad at all (using my bare desk); and until now, I didn't know what I was missing. This thing makes my gaming much smoother and a bit more accurate.

Stop on by our web site for more info and if you need a contact persons for any LAN games and advertisements; drop me a line via email.

Peace & Mo' Frags!

I ordered a RatPadz GS a few years ago back when they were ~$20, and I fell in love with it.

I've since worn a hole almost though it!

This Christmas I decided to buy two XTs as gifts.

I ordered them two days ago, and POW! I got them today. I must say, the XT is very much worth the extra $10! :eek:

RatPadz have awesome shipping, awesome customer support!

Thanks a lot Kyle! :D

Got mine today. First time buyer, if you are on the fence, buy one...you will love it.;)

I had to bite, this deal was TOO good to pass up...

+ my Mechwarrior 3 mousepad was REALLY beginning to show its age.

About how long will an XT last with fairly heavy usage? I'm thinking getting one since my Everglide is pretty worn down and this deal is pretty hard to pass up, but I don't want to spend $20 on a pad unless it will survive for a few years with significant use. That's pretty much all that's stopping me from transferring some cash to my PayPal and pulling the trigger.

About how long will an XT last with fairly heavy usage? I'm thinking getting one since my Everglide is pretty worn down and this deal is pretty hard to pass up, but I don't want to spend $20 on a pad unless it will survive for a few years with significant use. That's pretty much all that's stopping me from transferring some cash to my PayPal and pulling the trigger.

You should be able to get 4 to 5 years out of one. It is not uncommon for them to be used that long.

Dammit, I would have ordered one sooner but paypal takes a year and a day to transfer funds.:mad:

How much do the mouse slicks affect performance? I have an MX510 if that makes any difference.

I haven't put on the mouse slicks yet, and it works great anyways...so don't worry about them too much...I will send you some if you need em ;)

Hmm...my mouse pad's pretty worn out. I think I'm going to grab an XT sometime soon.

The mouse slicks would have been nice because my ~5 year old GS (maybe older) has a habit of chewing through them slowly.

19.99 and free shipping to Canada is too good of a deal to pass up. Much appreciated!

I may order myself another XT.

FYI to those considering the GS that have an MX Revolution, my experience is that it causes dust to build up on the bottom of the Revolution around the feet. I don't know why it happened, but it did. As a result, I moved my XT to work and brought the GS home. The revolution no longer suffers from dustitous.

The only thing that makes me think of holding off on the XT is that my MX1000 doesn't get as much dust on it at home (and I can promise you they dust desks more often than I dust at home).

Nevertheless, I think the XT is a bit slicker (or maybe it's just that my MX1000 needs new feet), so I'll probably get an XT and give my mother the GS for Xmas :).

Edit: bit the bullet and bought an XT. Also ordered some MX1000 feet from slicksurf. No idea how good or bad they are (though they seem to have a good rep), but $5.00 shipped was the right price for me.

do ratpadz have tracking issues with the MX1000 laser mice more specifically reflecting of the RF signal?

I had a similar product before that would not work with my mouse, I googled the issue and it seemed to affect a lot of mice due to logitech running on a lot 49mhz frequency.

I've used the XT and GS and the 1000 worked fine on both. I love my XT....though I wish that Logitech would fix their drivers so that it didn't some how lock the Alt, CTRL and/or Space keys (logically, not mechanically) down. That's been an issue for a long long time....even back when I had a wireless ball mouse.

got mine in a day :p
Ordered Friday, received saturday.. though i had to get it today since it wouldnt fit in the mailbox. Using it now.. maybe now i can finally pwwn in Freecell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back