Free Media Converter, DVD Ripper

HardOCP News

[H] News
For all of you with a Facebook account, iSkysoft is giving away a free copy of its $49 media converter software, no strings attached. Just click the "like" button on the company FB page and they send you a code to unlock the software.

I've been using this all day ripping DVDs to WMVs and the software runs pretty damn good. Not only can you rip DVDs (even DRM protected ones) to most popular formats, you can also convert existing video files from one format to another. Not bad for FREE.

Steve,any idea where the code gets "Sent"?
is it on my FB page,or email,havent gotten it from either.

thx

Why would anyone ever pay for a media converter? The x264 CLI encoder is totally free.

Why would anyone ever pay for a media converter? The x264 CLI encoder is totally free.

Cause they wrap it up in a slick UI, and more importantly, they actually market the product.

Almost nobody wants to mess with CLI. It does not even have to be a good UI. It can be missing 1/2 of the feature set, and most people would still prefer it to CLI.

Almost nobody wants to mess with CLI. It does not even have to be a good UI. It can be missing 1/2 of the feature set, and most people would still prefer it to CLI.

True, and this is something Joe-n00b, mom, brother, sister, annoying-ass-aunt can use and QUIT BUGGING ME to rip their damn movies for them :D

They also have a contest to win a free iPad, y'all.

Why does your link go to Amazons site for a pink Ipad silicone case? J/w. BTW got my keycode for it and it says not valid. Sending support a message now...

Thanks for posting this, Steve! It took me several tries (it never sent a confirmation to my AOL address, so I had to submit my Gmail one instead), but I got the code, downloaded the software, and successfully registered it! Oh, and I finally created a Facebook account because of this promotion, too.

Thanks for posting this, Steve! It took me several tries (it never sent a confirmation to my AOL address, so I had to submit my Gmail one instead), but I got the code, downloaded the software, and successfully registered it! Oh, and I finally created a Facebook account because of this promotion, too.

Solution: Let AOL die.

Is this some trick by the motion picture companies to sue all the people who download it because they will have all people's facebook info

I don't do Facebook, but my Cat does now :)

The Cat now has his own copy :)

Is this some trick by the motion picture companies to sue all the people who download it because they will have all people's facebook info

They could sue all they want....the only facebook account I used is for a person who doesn't exist.

Handbrake is probably better, and always free. Plus it uses x264 for h264 video.

And has a handy GUI.

As far as I can tell, I haven't been sent a code. Where exactly should I be looking?

It supports CUDA too.
CUDA-powered encoders tend to be fairly bad. They're fast, but that's about all they have going for them. You may want to do a few comparisons between it and x264 before you start using it too much.

The instructions in the first post aren't complete. Just clicking the "Like" button DOES NOT work, you also have to fill in the form a little ways down the page.

Got my email now :D

Thanks Steve.
Installed and all registered with no problems :).

I use AnyDVD Converter, and it rips DVD's, converts movies, and hasevery imaginable conversion possibility (from PS3 1080p to iPod 2nd Gen).

I'll see how it compares...

Liked it, got the confirmation code/download link in my email, installed it in 5 seconds, activated it. This will now be my number 1 method of format converting - works like a charm!

Back