free LOTRO 10 day trials

Whats the deal with this game, I've never really tried it out before.

After the dissapointment about no stealth at all in Darkfall I'm looking for other potential stealthy MMOs where I can make a rogue/assassin and do some decent open world style PvP, WAR is good but the stealth elements aren't fantastic. Is this anything LOTRO does well?

Whats the deal with this game, I've never really tried it out before.

After the dissapointment about no stealth at all in Darkfall I'm looking for other potential stealthy MMOs where I can make a rogue/assassin and do some decent open world style PvP, WAR is good but the stealth elements aren't fantastic. Is this anything LOTRO does well?

Nope. LOTRO is known more for it's PVE elements. Not really many MMOs that allow people to stealth around and gank people in PvP besides WoW or Age of Conan perhaps.

There is no world PvP in LotRO. PvP is restrticed to one zone, the Ettenmoors. After you get your regular character to level 10, you unlock the option to make a monster character. Monster characters start off at level 60, are only playable in the Ettenmoors, and fight against other players who are playing their regular toons. You can improve your monster character -- and you'll have to in order to keep up with the PC's and their improved gear and legendary weapons -- by earning upgrades through questing and killing people.

You can get your stealth-gank on with a warg creepside. Wargs can set up some eeevil ambushes from stealth, especially when they travel in packs. The servers Brandywine and Endelimir are reputed to have the most active pvp communities.

Back