TB62709N 1 $0.00
UV Emitters
503 Series 30º MT3700W-UV 1 $0.00
503 Series 30º LC503MUV1-30Q 1 $0.00
Infrared Emitters
Water Clear IR Emitters - 5mm 5mm MTE8087T 1 $0.00
Total Items: 8

Lets see if I get this cool stuff.

I just noticed that it changed the names of the parts that I ordered. but the part #s are the ones I ordered.
The MTAN6419-CHRG should be a 1.90" 8x8 Bi-Color Dot Matrix. So now I don't know what I'm getting :confused:

They're going to shit their pants when they get to work in the morning. I've got a feeling we won't be getting these. It would be very cool if we did, though. I stongly suggest that everyone copy and paste that link so that they don't see a bunch of people coming from hardforum.com.

*Up to 2 samples of each part are offered for free. Marktech reserves the right to refuse or substitute comparable parts without notice. Samples only available to companies based in the United states and Canada. Free samples for countries outside the US and Canada are not available at this time.
Listed in the footer of the site, and the banner says they offer free samples of all products listed in their online catalog.

I agree with jpmkm's idea of copy and pasting the url into your address bar so that we might actually get these.

[edit]In addition, he can't be wrong since he's from Kansas City :D[/edit]

Thank you for your order
Your order number for this transaction is: 69249****(why i edited this out, who knows)
Below is a summary of your order. If you have any questions about your order, contact your sales representative, or call 1.800.984.5337.

this was in an email so i assume that their gonna follow through with it but who knows

Hopefully i get these... I need them to put LED's in random things...

cool thanks. Now we just have to hope that people don't start ordering 50 things as free samples.

I keep getting a Page not found error when i try to create an account...Aaah.. Some of that stuff looks really cool too, dot matrix displays and all that.

i signed up for

Backlighters MTBL8628-BL 1 $0.00 Dot Matrix Displays MTAN6313-AHRG 1 $0.00 Segment Displays MTN2356-CG 2 $0.00 Ultra Bright LEDs LO574PBL4-B0G 2 $0.00 UV Emitters MT3700W-UV 2 $0.00

Code:
Timothy,

I tried to reach you by phone to discuss your sample request. Please contact
me at the number below to proceed with your order.

Bruce Norton

doh

I've never gotten any of the sample requests I've applied for. Has anyone had anly luck with these?

Marktech Optoelectronics is a leading supplier of components exclusively to Manufacturers and design houses throughout North America. Based upon our criteria, we cannot provide you samples at this time. Thank you for your consideration.

These deals are meant for people who will use these components in LARGE quantities, which is why they can afford to give them 'free'. They make it back in future orders. It's not meant for case modders looking for freebies. That said, i suggest getting LEDs from the various LED sites, or off E-bay. Do a search for Chi Wing LED store and you'll find some pretty kick ass prices

I'm not scolding anyone, but i'm just saying it cause it needs to be said

i got an e-mail today that said,

Marktech Optoelectronics is a leading supplier of components exclusively to Manufacturers and design houses throughout North America. Based upon our criteria, we cannot provide you samples at this time. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

Kyle Griswold

Marktech Optoelectronics

Regional Sales Manager

518.432.7424 ext.230

Fax 518-432-7454

www.marktechopto.com

Thank you for your order
Your order number for this transaction is: 56343852
Below is a summary of your order. If you have any questions about your order, contact your sales representative, or call 1.800.984.5337.

Item:Quantity:Price

Ultra Bright LEDs TLxE16 Round5mmLO574PBL4-B0G2 $0.00

Dot Matrix Displays 5x7 Dot Matrix0.30"MTAN6313-AHRG1 $0.00
Segment Displays Single Digit w/L&R Decimal Numeric0.30" MTN2356-CG2 $0.00

Backlighters Side View Element Backlighter48.3 x 19.8mmMTBL8628-BL1 $0.00

UV Emitters 503 Series 30ºMT3700W-UV2 $0.00

Total Items:8

Billing Information: My address

Shipping to: my address

i guess i am getting mine :)

teh w00t!

compslckr said:
i guess i am getting mine :)

teh w00t!
Everyone got that e-mail. wait for the second one :rolleyes:

Here is the one I got:

Thank you for your interest in Marktech Optoelectronics. Please advise which product your firm will use this sample request for, and advise (1) annual usage (2) manufacturer/product name (3) estimated production start and (4) purchasing contact information related to this product development. This information is required to complete processing free-of-charge sample requests.

If this project is for personal/independant project development, these parts can be purchased from our office using a major credit card (VISA/Mastercard). Contact information is shown below. Unfortunately, we are unable to supply free-of-charge samples to independant developers, inventors, students, etc. The sheer volume of requests from these sources makes the costs of this practice too high.

Please let me know the required information above so that I can complete your sample request.

Thank you, and best regards.

three_sixteen said:
Just placed an order - will edit my post to reflect wether or not it gets shipped.
your not going to get it unless you tell them "(1) annual usage (2) manufacturer/product name (3) estimated production start and (4) purchasing contact information related to this product development."

Well, I haven't gotten any email yet saying anything differently.

I think I can safely assume they're on the way?

three_sixteen said:
Well, I haven't gotten any email yet saying anything differently.

I think I can safely assume they're on the way?
nope. we all got e-mails conferming our orders...Unless you actually got an e-mail saying it has shiped, with a tracking number, I still don't think your getting anything.

...Unless you actually work for a manufaturing company, they wont ship.

What if you make up a company? .... i work for .. let's see pick one out of a hat.. i work for 4 tron data systems?....

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
What if you make up a company? .... i work for .. let's see pick one out of a hat.. i work for 4 tron data systems?....
been there, done that. They want full information about your company. read up a few posts

eh.. oh well.
I'm too lazy to put work into getting free stuff.. all that reading isn't worth the free stuff. Link, and auto complete baby!

I got a email asking for a legit phone number. I just deleted it. I don't them that bad.

Legit Phone number request here too...

That bruce guy must be really sick of all the fake phone numbers. :)

Kroz

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
How about Path-E-Tech? :D LOL

Heh, I just phoned them, told them i was backlighting cellphone cases, and mice and such for Szek Technologies New product line, and then they were like "No you're not; Szek Technologies isn't even a real company." Then i panicked and hung up :D :rolleyes:

acetic said:
Heh, I just phoned them, told them i was backlighting cellphone cases, and mice and such for Szek Technologies New product line, and then they were like "No you're not; Szek Technologies isn't even a real company." Then i panicked and hung up :D :rolleyes:
HA! :D funny shit.

acetic said:
hahaha. I'm sure they've heard it all.

Back