Free .info Domains

1 & 1 are a bunch of scammers. I rented a server with them from around May 2003 to about July 2004. I attempted to cancel it multiple times and all they did was unplug it from the network. At that point they decided to keep charging me up until Nov. 2004 when I finally had my cc stop payments on them as well as sent them one final Email, even though all previous Email/Trouble Tickets were ignored. Just yesterday (over a year later) I get a collections notice for a month of server that I "Owe them". The server was inaccessable and was requested to be formated and resold as I didn't need it any more. Just a warning about doing any business with them. If you're going to get a domain use a CC that's about to expire. :(

I hate to say this but they charged me two years in a row after I cancelled a yearly hosting account.. I had to threaten the normal channels to get a refund.. I will find out in a few months if I get charged again... I hope not.
I'll also pass on this deal. I would rather pay another registrar for an info domain so I wouldn't have to deal with 1&1.

I signed up for their "free 3 years" of hosting 3 1/2 years ago and it was just what they advertised ....3 free years of hosting (or maybe it was 2??? I can't remember now...) they never asked for a CC or charged anything. Since this one asks for a CC # I would stay away from it....

my boss has his buisseness website on their servers, i did some touchups on the site for him. i just emailed him telling him he should get to canceling

I had their 3 years for free deal also but decided to go with dreamhost after the 2nd year. Went well until I tried to switch registrars and cancel my account. Lots of BS to go through just to cancel an account. 2 years later and I still can log into my account which has my CC info (albeit expired).

I would have to agree with the others ...stay away

i got my 2 free year trial and my site is still hosted about 3-4 years later. never paid for anything, nor am i complaining.

Back