Free Half Life 2 Deathmatch on Steam

I own almost all valve games, and didn't know either, so thanks op

I qualified for the 2 HL2 games - 576 MB - and grabbing them as I type this.

Do people still play this? It always seemed like it would be a fun game, but I've never tried it.

The good thing about this thats nice as far as Steam.Well the windfall on this is that means more free hacker accounts.Thanks for the share though.

Good old HL2DM, gotta love chucking toilets at eachother.

It can be a fun game, last I checked there weren't a lot of people playing it, maybe this promo will get some new life into it.

How long is the game play before winning? More than 10 hours?

That's not how it works bro. There is no storyline, plot, or anything of that sort. Just killing. Lots of killing. It's Death-Match. If you've never played a Death-Match game before let me try to explain it.

There are a couple of flavors of death-match, some with teams, some without. Teams is the easiest to explain. Think counter-strike, but your not trying to save hostages. Your just trying to survive with your teammates. Kill all of the enemy team and you win, match starts over.

The other flavor of death-match is "every man for himself". No teams. You see another person you kill them or they will kill you.

Now keep in mind guns are not the only thing that kill you in this game. You get all the crazy weapons from HL2 plus the gravity gun which lets you manipulate and interact with objects. So if you felt like it you could rip a toilet out of the ground and chuck it at an enemy to kill them. Or if the enemy had some skills they could block the toilet with a urinal. Or they could grab the toilet mid air and shoot it back at you! Good stuff right? I think so.

Be warned. Some people can get very good at toilet throwing.... You will probably get your ass kicked first time you play.

I would also suggest buying and playing the half-life series before playing this game, this way you have some knowledge of where the strange weapons came from.

That's not how it works bro. There is no storyline, plot, or anything of that sort. Just killing. Lots of killing. It's Death-Match. If you've never played a Death-Match game before let me try to explain it.

There are a couple of flavors of death-match, some with teams, some without. Teams is the easiest to explain. Think counter-strike, but your not trying to save hostages. Your just trying to survive with your teammates. Kill all of the enemy team and you win, match starts over.

The other flavor of death-match is "every man for himself". No teams. You see another person you kill them or they will kill you.

Now keep in mind guns are not the only thing that kill you in this game. You get all the crazy weapons from HL2 plus the gravity gun which lets you manipulate and interact with objects. So if you felt like it you could rip a toilet out of the ground and chuck it at an enemy to kill them. Or if the enemy had some skills they could block the toilet with a urinal. Or they could grab the toilet mid air and shoot it back at you! Good stuff right? I think so.

Be warned. Some people can get very good at toilet throwing.... You will probably get your ass kicked first time you play.

I would also suggest buying and playing the half-life series before playing this game, this way you have some knowledge of where the strange weapons came from.
Oh, thanks for the clarification. I only d/l'ed the game since it was free w/ my NVidia video card. I haven't played any of the "HL" games. I'll first try this out to see what's up and then if I think I can get into it, then get a real "HL" game.

Back