Free Game: Infantry is back for free as Infant-Free

aznjosh

n00b
Awesome game called Infantry is back for free. They created a emulator for it so that it doesn't violate idiot Sony Station's copyright. They bought this great game a couple years back and turned it into a pay-to-play game. Now its free as Infant-Free @ http://www.infant-free.tk/. Everyone download it and donate so they can keep it running.

I'm not so sure I like their terms & conditions:

It is illegal to connect to our servers. We are emulating the server files but haven't emulated the client yet. You connect from your own free will. Any legal trouble you get in is your fault. You agree by viewing this site or accessing our server in any way that your soul is ours and by acting against us in any way or any reason we find suitable you can be held legally in trouble for any reason. You also agree to our terms and agreements which may altered at any time and what it said here which also can be change at any time for any reason. If you know anyone or they know anyone or they know anyone or they know anyone and so on (Meaning if you know anyone on the planet) that have heard about Infant-Free or anything we feel suitable you fall under these terms and agreements. You cannot have any relation or background in law, the authorities, Sony, SOE, govement agencies, militias, mobs or anything of that sort, if you do that is a direct volation of these terms. If you tell anyone about this site or anything related to it, you and that party or any party you know can be held responsible. You may not be alive or breathing oxygen or exhaling carbon dioxide. You hearby abide by these rules and any rules we impose. Any breaking of these rules is punishable by law, government or any way we find suitable. We are in no way to be held accountable for any damages occuring to SOE, Sony or anyone else for that matter.

I didn't do anything special, it just worked for me (and still does, I just checked again). :confused:

Don't worry about it, it's not on the level of EQ. Infantry is an old game, fans frequently do remakes of old games like Subspace (now Continuum). Sony couldn't care less, they just don't support it anymore.

Back