Free Dual Socket 771 Motherboard/CPU/RAM Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

plext0r

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Free for the cost of shipping if anyone is interested. Working pull. Just booted it yesterday.

• SuperMicro Dual LGA771 X7DWN+ motherboard
    32GB (16x2GB) FBDIMMs
    Two L5410 CPUs.
    Two SuperMicro heatsinks (passive)

PM with Zip code to determine shipping cost. Heat: brilong

Dual-LGA771.jpg

It'd also be interesting to put into the [H] rewards program as a prize...

hopefully this goes to someone who folds for team 33

Personally I don't fold for 33, but if I had to chose another team, I would go for 33. :)

I put this kit in this specific forum with the idea it would fold 24/7, but I didn't mention that in the original post. I've not yet received payment from the first person who responded, but after I agreed to sell it to him, I realized he doesn't fold at all. :(

I just hope the guy that gets it doesn't turn around and list it on eBay like the guy that bought my fans.

No worries, and rest assured, as soon as I can scrape up a PSU for this thing it will be online for 33

looks like it needs 12 pins of CPU power

looks like it needs 12 pins of CPU power

I pulled it from a SuperMicro chassis with redundant power supplies. There site says the following:

To ensure system stability, a 550W (minimum) ATX power supply
[4-pin (+12V), 8-pin (+12V) and 24-pin are required]

By the way, no IO shield is included, but you can get it from eBay for $5 shipped. This will work although it's not the same shield as mentioned on SM's website:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-MCP-260-00027-0N-I-O-SHIELD-/321064311948?pt=US_Motherboard_Backplates&hash=item4ac0ec9c8c

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anybody got a supply that supports that pinout?

you should pass on the freebie

completely unrelated side note: i have a power supply that will work with this freebie

My older OCZ ModXStream 500 Pro and XFX modular power supplies have both 4-pin and 8-pin aux power connectors (for some reason the SuperMicro C7X58 that I've got wants both connected, which is why I went looking through mine in the past).

Really though, if you don't have one, it's simple enough to just buy a Molex to 4-pin 12V power adapter for a few bucks off Amazon/eBay/etc.

That motherboard makes me very envious though! My X7DWE -- while being compact -- only has four memory sockets, which works fine for folding with, but it's a little limiting for other things. Granted, with 16 FB-DIMMs in there it would keep you nice an toasty warm!

If you dont find anyone who can support it.

I already got a case for it, PSU and any other needs. PM me and it can go to BOINC folding for the team.

Guy was a real scum bag. Told PayPal he didn't receive his package and tried to get his money returned. I gave PayPal the tracking number which stopped him in his tracks. Real loser.

People like that need to be crowbarred in the nuts a few times.

Guy was a real scum bag. Told PayPal he didn't receive his package and tried to get his money returned. I gave PayPal the tracking number which stopped him in his tracks. Real loser.

I hope you left him appropriate feedback if he even has Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back