Free Copy Of Mass Effect 2

Too bad the DLCs for it still cost the same as when the game came out in 2010. And this game is only worth playing if you have all the story DLCs.

Extremely frustrating that they don't have a bundle of the entire trilogy + DLC available. I keep toying with the idea of buying what they do have, but I just can't stand the thought of having to buy all that DLC again.

What do you mean again? If you had them earlier why would you want to buy them again?

I already bought them all ages ago at full price on the 360. I should have clarified.

ME2 had some fantastic DLC and isn't really worth playing without it.

Origin is broke, starts up then poof, it's gone. not sure what is up with it.

Which is why I'm not getting it. Origin can blow me. No way I'm signing up. Steam or bust!

I didn't know in 2017 people still opposed Origin. It works just as good as Steam and has all of the important features that Steam has. And the downloads have been consistently faster since 2011. Unlike Steam, which decides to take long pauses multiple times mid download, it maintains a stable speed. It even forced Valve to add some much needed features to Steam.

Overall I do prefer Steam, and I do understand not wanting a bunch of clients. I dislike Uplay and think it is inferior to both, and I will not use the Microsoft game "app" either. But Origin? Really, it is worth it for Mass Effect 2.

I already bought them all ages ago at full price on the 360. I should have clarified.

ME2 had some fantastic DLC and isn't really worth playing without it.

I don't know about not worth it without the DLC. It's still a good game, it just had some pretty good DLC to go with it. Arrival was the only "story" DLC. There are a couple shoutouts in ME3 to Overlord, but that's pretty much it. Neither Kasumi or Zaeed were that memorable.

Edit: Guess what I'm trying to say is that the game is strong enough to stand on it's own. There isn't any story extension for most of the DLC, aside from Arrival.

Too bad the DLCs for it still cost the same as when the game came out in 2010. And this game is only worth playing if you have all the story DLCs.

Totally disagree. I do agree that it's better with the DLC but this game is great still without them. The Shadow Broker is really the only one I'd consider a must tho, but even without it, it's an excellent game.

Totally disagree. I do agree that it's better with the DLC but this game is great still without them. The Shadow Broker is really the only one I'd consider a must tho, but even without it, it's an excellent game.
Yes, it's a great game without any DLCs as well. But owning all the DLCs I know it's a crime to play the game without them. And it pains me greatly if I think about it how many people are missing out on this stuff.
But at the very minimum you need Shadowbroker and Arrival, as both are integral parts of the story. Without those some things at the beginning of ME3 won't even make sense.

I don't know about not worth it without the DLC. It's still a good game, it just had some pretty good DLC to go with it. Arrival was the only "story" DLC. There are a couple shoutouts in ME3 to Overlord, but that's pretty much it. Neither Kasumi or Zaeed were that memorable.

Edit: Guess what I'm trying to say is that the game is strong enough to stand on it's own. There isn't any story extension for most of the DLC, aside from Arrival.

Overlord and Shadow Broker were amazing. The arrival was critical to understanding the beginning of ME:3. Kasumi and Zaeed were good.

You can play without them, but I agree with M76 that once you've played them the game just doesn't feel complete without them.

Reactions: M76
like this
Overlord and Shadow Broker were amazing. The arrival was critical to understanding the beginning of ME:3. Kasumi and Zaeed were good.

You can play without them, but I agree with M76 that once you've played them the game just doesn't feel complete without them.
About the only Single player DLC that is really not that great is Firewalker. But if I remember correctly its price reflects that as well. And if I had to make a sacrifice Zaeed would be the second one to go. Kasumi's mission is so unique that it's not something I'd want to miss. But I never liked Zaeed's character much, and his mission is just a generic shoot em up with blue suns and a few mechs. Not saying it's bad, it's just more of the same you're already getting a lot of throughout the game.

I wonder how many origin accounts are full of nothing but giveaway titles, and have never actually bought anything.

I grabbed a couple games dragon age inq and all DLC for like 15 bucks, and battlefront, everything else is freebies though :)

Eh...at least it's not as bad as uPlay.
Uplay>Origin:
you can limit the download speed in uplay
uplay doesn't suck up as much CPU when downloading
when preparing a download origin makes my mouse input lag (no real CPU usage though, KB is fine)
uplay has a snappier UI
when I leave open that mini download window in origin, then it'll crash after awhile

GOG>Steam>Uplay>Origin>won't touch ms app store with a 10 foot stick

Lol...forgot Shadow Broker wasn't core game. Yes, SB was the best DLC. Overlord was worth the price. Arrival was...ok, but at least it explains why ME3 started the way it did. Firewalker was just bad.

Kasumi and Zaeed both had one pretty big flaw. The character, once recruited, was completely and totally unlocked. No progressing dialog related to the story, just recruit, go on the immediately available loyalty mission (which were both mostly forgettable) and done.

Kasumi's mission started off well, but after the first 15 minutes, it was just as shooter heavy as Zaeed's. Hell, the argument can be made for Zaeed's being better because you at least still had a choice to dick him over and change the outcome of the loyalty mission while you were still in it. Kasumi's is just a guided tour of a house and then 5 waves of combat.

uplay doesn't suck up as much CPU when downloading

Is that seriously an issue in today's day and age? Never notice any actually real-world effects d/l'ing via Origin in the background when playing another non-Origin game.

I didn't know in 2017 people still opposed Origin. It works just as good as Steam and has all of the important features that Steam has. And the downloads have been consistently faster since 2011. Unlike Steam, which decides to take long pauses multiple times mid download, it maintains a stable speed. It even forced Valve to add some much needed features to Steam.

Overall I do prefer Steam, and I do understand not wanting a bunch of clients. I dislike Uplay and think it is inferior to both, and I will not use the Microsoft game "app" either. But Origin? Really, it is worth it for Mass Effect 2.

My gripe with Origin is their removal of group voice chat. I knew it had it before, but I guess they removed it for some reason. :/

Is that seriously an issue in today's day and age? Never notice any actually real-world effects d/l'ing via Origin in the background when playing another non-Origin game.
I wouldn't know, I don't leave it running unless I have to :)

I'm more EA opposed for 2017. They keep making games that depend on a central server, turn them off in a few years, then you're left with a completely unplayable game. The only reason they can give away ME2 is because it predates that crap.

About the only Single player DLC that is really not that great is Firewalker. But if I remember correctly its price reflects that as well. And if I had to make a sacrifice Zaeed would be the second one to go. Kasumi's mission is so unique that it's not something I'd want to miss. But I never liked Zaeed's character much, and his mission is just a generic shoot em up with blue suns and a few mechs. Not saying it's bad, it's just more of the same you're already getting a lot of throughout the game.

Yeah it is really best played with those 2 DLC. Really adds to the story and leading into ME3. Still an excellent game without them though.

Which is why I'm not getting it. Origin can blow me. No way I'm signing up. Steam or bust!

What's wrong with Origin? I've been using it for years. Never had a problem with it. I only use it for the exclusive games like Crysis, Dead Space and such but it works fine and I've not had any problems out of it. Even play co-op Dead Space 3 through it and ti works better than Steam honestly. Can't remember the last time I've had a lost connection through Origin. Steam drops are very rare but I still get them from time to time.

One of the games I have never played but always wanted to so . Cover me I'm going in now, wish me luck!

So I just went to dload this and guess what, it comes with a crap tone of DLC like all of them for free with bonus armors, soundtracks and the making documentry. Free is right in my price range.

Damn, I just bought a used copy of MassEffect2 for PS3 a couple of months back. Could have saved myself $9.99.

Definitely get this. It's a good game in a great series, even w/out dlc.

And who really gives a flip about the delivery method, steam, origin, carrier pigeon. First World Problems.

Steam's browser works, Origin's is slow and annoying. At least ME3 is ok with alt-tab when I need to check something.

Lol...forgot Shadow Broker wasn't core game. Yes, SB was the best DLC. Overlord was worth the price. Arrival was...ok, but at least it explains why ME3 started the way it did. Firewalker was just bad.

Kasumi and Zaeed both had one pretty big flaw. The character, once recruited, was completely and totally unlocked. No progressing dialog related to the story, just recruit, go on the immediately available loyalty mission (which were both mostly forgettable) and done.

Kasumi's mission started off well, but after the first 15 minutes, it was just as shooter heavy as Zaeed's. Hell, the argument can be made for Zaeed's being better because you at least still had a choice to dick him over and change the outcome of the loyalty mission while you were still in it. Kasumi's is just a guided tour of a house and then 5 waves of combat.

Totally agree. The last part of the Kasumi mission was awful and annoying, and just plainly badly implemented.

Totally agree. The last part of the Kasumi mission was awful and annoying, and just plainly badly implemented.
I've had no problems with it whatsoever. Yes it's a challenge on insanity, but I've done it at least half a dozen times already. What's badly implemented in it? You get a slow start, that's unique to the entire game, a different flavour. Then you get a pretty good combat part, which is quite challenging, and a fairly complex bossfight at the end. If anything it's designed very well for what it is. And you do get a choice at the end just like with zaeed. You two seem to have forgot that.

And as I remember the first exploration part is longer than 15 minutes. Sure you can run trough it in less than 15 minutes when you're playing for the second time, and you go out of character, but what's the point of doing that?

origin is not that bad and they have great sales and free games from time to time. Now the windows store, that can fuck off.

Back