Free cloud storage--> Copy(app, the name of it is Copy)

DriZzLe

Gawd
Found a new cloud storage app called Copy, that starts you off with 10gb free, & once you confirm your email & install the android, iOS, or pc client companion, it gives you another 5gb free. Much bigger file size uploads & doesn't expire(like dropbox). 15gb for free, can't beat that!
It works on Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, & Mac
Use this referral code & we both get 5gb free- https://copy.com?r=3PHReq

Last edited:
anyone that has already signed up you should post your referral code here so you can share in the additional free 5gb per referral.

I beleive multiple people can use the same referral.
I think it would be nice to spread the love though.

spread the love make sure everybody gets a referral =).... and now here is mine.... =) You can install the ANDROID or IOS client too if you dont want it on your PC to complete the referral......

My Referral link:
https://copy.com?r=DWyi3p

Last edited:
I'm not telling you to do this, but theoretically you can "refer" yourself as many times as you want through a VM image and a "new" email. It's timely but in "theory" you could bump your storage space pretty significantly!

But how reliable are they... how new? can they be trusted to not go under...

Pretty high up there. Copy.com is owned by Barracuda Networks. They are a web security and firewall company first. They have well-known companies (Coca-Cola) using their products.

Their CEO and co-founder recently left the company (July 2012), but that is because it is profitable and pretty big now. He is an angel investor type and enjoys building companies. He is still a majority owner.

After he left they got more financing, $130 million from Sequoia. Interestingly, Sequoia Capital invested $250 million in Dropbox in October 2011. Note that most of Sequoia's investments have been 10-20 mil since Dropbox. So 130 and 250 is a lot!

The money was probably split to build copy.com (it was released 01 March 2013) and a device to compete with Cisco, since few months ago, they released an application delivery controller that retails for 10 and 20 grand which competes directly with Cisco's ADC.[2]

They would probably be valued at 1-3 billion if they had gone public before these two products. I'm guessing investors would think cloud storage (hot buzzword right now with public) and competing with a giant like Cisco (competency) looks good so they would be valued significantly higher.

One thing I like about them is sharing files does not count twice.

You share 1 GB with one Friend
Dropbox
Your quota goes down 1GB
Your friend's quota goes down 1GB​

Copy.com
Your quota goes down 500MB
Your friend's quota goes down 500MB​

You share 1 GB with two Friends
Dropbox
Your quota goes down 1GB
Friend A's quota goes down 1GB
Friend B's quota goes down 1GB​

Copy.com
Your quota goes down 333MB
Friend A's quota goes down 333MB
Friend B's quota goes down 333MB​

[1] http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...ts-130-million-from-sequoia-francisco-1-.html
[2] http://www.networkworld.com/news/2013/042313-barracuda-adc-269038.html

ok so how exactly does this work? After I upload my files, can I erase them from my local machine and the files will still be in the cloud? Stupid question maybe but I have never used anything like this before and now my drives are getting a bit old...I don't wan't to lose all my photos..

ok so how exactly does this work? After I upload my files, can I erase them from my local machine and the files will still be in the cloud? Stupid question maybe but I have never used anything like this before and now my drives are getting a bit old...I don't wan't to lose all my photos..

Think of it like a USB hard drive that you can access as long as you have an internet connection.

I wouldn't erase your photos though, backing them up to the cloud is one option, but getting an actual USB hard drive to put backups on is also a good idea. Never did anyone complain about having too many backups

Think of it like a USB hard drive that you can access as long as you have an internet connection.

I wouldn't erase your photos though, backing them up to the cloud is one option, but getting an actual USB hard drive to put backups on is also a good idea. Never did anyone complain about having too many backups
Right...yeah I have the photos on a NAS right now but you're absolutely right that one can't have enough backups :) I was just wondering if I sync the folder again with no files in it, it wouldn't empty the cloud also. But thanks!

Last edited:
Back