Free Chipotle Burrito

Right, like I said, the organic tin foil hat wearing whackadoos.

Fair, i suppose, but it's not really "outlandish."

Just as a FYI I do agree with both of you, I pose no ill-will towards them. They are just easy to hate because they are a huge producer of the current hate-trend, GMO.

Most of these very vocal people (ie. Food Babe) know very little about what they're talking about, though. I'd really like to see Food Babe drink a large serving of organic, non-GMO bleach.

Because its super easy to get traffic and make money by causing fear. People LOVE fear mongering, for whatever fucking reason that is. If you say something is bad, with zero science and get a few people to repeat it then it will be believed. If you follow it up with science to contradict it then no one will believe you because they already have it in their head as wrong. Look how easy it was to convince 1/4 of our population that gluten is bad for you and you could die if you eat it.

Its been known and well accepted that sugar isn't necessary in most diets and can be completely removed from most diets versus gluten that poses no threat. We then have more people trying to cut gluten from their diet and consume more sugar.

There are legitimate though not necessarily coherent concerns when companies push products whose long-term effects are not yet known with government collusion. Better safe than sorry - one must assume that these companies are more interested in their bottom line than in the public health, instances in which these interests coincide temporarily notwithstanding.

See, I never understood this line of reasoning. Its what you get as a response when you attempt to find out why GMO's are bad. Its usually because "They want the dollars and fuck your health."

But if they produce something that will cause poor health they can be sued, there is nothing legally protecting any company that produces food that will cause harm. So yes, if they don't care about your health then they aren't caring about the long term status of their company.

See, I never understood this line of reasoning. Its what you get as a response when you attempt to find out why GMO's are bad. Its usually because "They want the dollars and fuck your health."

But if they produce something that will cause poor health they can be sued, there is nothing legally protecting any company that produces food that will cause harm. So yes, if they don't care about your health then they aren't caring about the long term status of their company.

Sure, in the long run, assuming everyone's a perfect actor. The point is if you have to sue them it's already over for you as an individual.The system will correct itself, but you only have one lifetime to live. There's no point making blanket statements that "GMO is bad," but the opposite statement is even worse for you to blindly adhere to as a consumer.

Ok, I don't have much time to type, so I'll try to make this short.
There are different levels of "badness" when it comes to GMOs, on one hand depending upon the modifications you might get some trait that for whatever reason allows more food to be grown per acre, so that many would consider a good thing, assuming their are no bad side-effects and that's a HUGE assumption. Take for instance one particular GMO trait the "Roundup ready" this had plants that were more or less immune to the particular herbicide Roundup (also a product of Monsanto IIRC), farmers loved this idea because now they could spray herbicide galore (this in itself adds issues) and it kills the weeds leaves the plants that they make money from and all is well and good... that is until cross pollination made the weeds immune to roundup, now we're back at stage one, and we really didn't get any benefit and you probably could argue we did get a negative, weeds that are immune to a herbicide.

The problem with health concerns is that they usually are very long term in both effects and when they show up. The problem of getting a case of the shits from e.coli is not the issues, it's the cases of child development, alzheimers, etc... not saying that there are any relations, but these are the things to worry about. Then how do you show causality? When you had a lifetime of foods to eat some of which were not GMO. You can't, but here's hoping there was no cross pollination between crops so that this "bad" trait now exists in most all food.

Ok, I had a lot more to ramble on about, but I gotta go :)

Sure, in the long run, assuming everyone's a perfect actor. The point is if you have to sue them it's already over for you as an individual.The system will correct itself, but you only have one lifetime to live. There's no point making blanket statements that "GMO is bad," but the opposite statement is even worse for you to blindly adhere to as a consumer.

Sure, but theres no reason to spread fear over something, especially when there are no actual facts to back up said statement. Not saying you specifically are.

There are different levels of "badness" when it comes to GMOs, on one hand depending upon the modifications you might get some trait that for whatever reason allows more food to be grown per acre, so that many would consider a good thing, assuming their are no bad side-effects and that's a HUGE assumption. Take for instance one particular GMO trait the "Roundup ready" this had plants that were more or less immune to the particular herbicide Roundup (also a product of Monsanto IIRC), farmers loved this idea because now they could spray herbicide galore (this in itself adds issues) and it kills the weeds leaves the plants that they make money from and all is well and good... that is until cross pollination made the weeds immune to roundup, now we're back at stage one, and we really didn't get any benefit and you probably could argue we did get a negative, weeds that are immune to a herbicide.

Valid reasons to be wary of what we put into the environment.

The problem with health concerns is that they usually are very long term in both effects and when they show up. The problem of getting a case of the shits from e.coli is not the issues, it's the cases of child development, alzheimers, etc... not saying that there are any relations, but these are the things to worry about. Then how do you show causality? When you had a lifetime of foods to eat some of which were not GMO. You can't, but here's hoping there was no cross pollination between crops so that this "bad" trait now exists in most all food.

I'm sure this was a rushed response and be sure so is mine as my wife is bugging me for more hard rootbeer right now. In the case of health problems if there isn't any actual facts to back up the notion that this altered food could cause any health defects then I wouldn't worry about it. We consume stuff that is KNOWN to cause health defects such as alcohol and yet we worry more about these slightly modified foods that have been scrutinized by scientists and none have been able to find anything short of allergens.

On a scale of 1-10, how good was your e-coli experience? 1 being mild cramps, 10 being explosive discharge from all bodily orifices simultaneously.

We consume stuff that is KNOWN to cause health defects such as alcohol and yet we worry more about these slightly modified foods that have been scrutinized by scientists and none have been able to find anything short of allergens.
alcohol is labeled and consumer can knowingly make a choice to consume it or not

(knocking on wood)
No ill effects so far, my burrito was awesome.
So to answer the question, 0/10.
:D

e.coli can be in your system for as long as ~10 days before causing effects... so brace your colon!

I posted in this thread about my love for Freebird's then found out last week when I went in they discontinued bacon. I have no reason to go now since bacon was essential to my perfect Freebird's burrito...was really disappointed. I guess they've lost a customer. :(

Chipotle pinto beans used to be made with a small amount of bacon and they were tasty. A year or two ago they removed the bacon to appease vegans. The pinto beans have no flavor now. :mad:

Using my free coupon today. Figured it was a win-win situation. On one hand.. taste's delicious and is free. On the other hand.. nothing helps you lose that last couple pounds than your insides pouring out of both ends from a good case of food poisoning/e-coli :p

Chipotle pinto beans used to be made with a small amount of bacon and they were tasty. A year or two ago they removed the bacon to appease vegans. The pinto beans have no flavor now. :mad:

If you're not getting the black beans, you're doing it wrong. The pinto beans are cooked to mush at every Chipotle.

About to use my free coupon. Crossing my fingers for a explosive diarrhea free night

You don't need a scientific study to logically understand that dna changes to make watermelon seedless have no effect on your body after its chewed up and soaked in acid for a few hours.

Roundup free is what people should be looking for, GMOs have no effect on health.

No exclusions, so I pretty much loaded mine with everything possible, and they even gave me extra steak.

7112337b2e1136631f320e4532091b4bc62d86eb5166c8d4c6a2ea814426c334.jpg

No assplosions or ecoli for me. I used my code this past weekend. Hadn't had Chipotle since the reports of people getting sick in Minnesota.

Pork is bad for you.

Back