Free CCTV server software - what do you roll?

Concentric

[H]ard|Gawd
Curious whether others are running custom CCTV servers for home or small business, if so what software are you using?

Not interested in paying a license if I can help it so...

I'm trying ZoneMinder but it's a bit rough around the edges and seems very resource intensive (chews up a whole CPU core just looking at a single camera feed, not even recording or event monitoring)
Maybe my hardware isn't up to the task...? (Xeon E5-2680)

Milestone XProtect also do a free Essential+ version but that runs on Windows and requires SQL Server so bit of a dead end for me.

For me it needs to run offline so not looking for anything cloud hosted or cloud linked.

I run milestone at home because I have a 500 camera deployment at work and the interface is second nature for me by now. Makes full use of GPU acceleration and camera support is pretty much universal. It's rock solid but I totally get the aversion to windows.

I run milestone at home because I have a 500 camera deployment at work and the interface is second nature for me by now. Makes full use of GPU acceleration and camera support is pretty much universal. It's rock solid but I totally get the aversion to windows.
What do you do for the database, SQL Server Express?

Back