Free Borderlands Golden Keys

Thanks for the notice. I'll be keeping watch this weekend in order to get all 5 of them. :)

I realized that I needed to sign up for a SHiFT account. They give a free Golden Key just for signing in with the account you create in Borderlands 2 (or a web browser) if anyone is interested. So, you could actually acquire 6 Golden Keys this weekend. :)

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22118746-what-is-shift
http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22077056-pc-creating-a-shift-account-in-borderlands-2
http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/...to-an-existing-shift-account-in-borderlands-2

nice -- I will have to check this out when I get home.

I still have my first golden key from when I signed up initially - I want to get a few more before I start using them. Would really suck to use my ONLY key and get something that's a total piece of crap.

there is also a profile mod that gives u inf golden keys, no clue will ppl get banned for using it though

At this point they said no ban hammer or anything for using cheat, but that was awhile ago. Only works on PC anyway and can and will wipe badass points if your not careful.

At this point they said no ban hammer or anything for using cheat, but that was awhile ago. Only works on PC anyway and can and will wipe badass points if your not careful.

the funny thing is i never realized there was badass points to use. i gotten to the last boss before finding that out.

I've used the cheat on all my characters with no issue other than a bag glitch that won't allow me to scroll.

Or you can just use Cheat Engine with the most current tables and go hog wild with unlimited everything, hacked slot machines, and a lot of other shit as well.

There is no point to ban people for cheating. Its just a co-op game, not a competitive multiplayer game.

Why do people think they will get banned? It's not like Gearbox hosts the servers where you can even get banned. The multiplayer is filled with rampant cheating because of it

I think the original hack has been patched if you use anything on-line or are on-line for steam.

There is some deal I found where a guy hacked the system and has a backpack with every gun and item in the game you can download. The character is level 50 and is the Zero guy.

I'm not sure if you could use that character and drop everything you wanted to use and transfer the goods to your own character? I wasn't interested in working that hard.

Anyway.....I haven't found the golden key thing to be that great anyway. I hacked the file on day one and loaded 30 keys into my character, I've used about 10 and i think I got one useful item out of the chest.

I've gone on to finish the game once and actually got much better loot by farming the last boss.

Just a heads up for everyone. Gearbox will be posting special skin keys soon. They won't expire until Nov. 4th.

I recommend keeping watch on FB & Twitter. Most likely completely different keys posted on each site.

I don't get why people would cheat at borderlands. Just seems like a waste. Somebody gave me a Rose shield in BL1 once. When I realized what it was I tossed it. Was fun for a bit but kills bl for me.

Because at level 50, with all purples, full talent trees and millions of moneys, the game is still challenging.

At 50 everything is level 50+ and with 4 people everything is stronger still.

Edit: Also, spawning the varkid raid boss is difficult with all that I listed.

I will never understand grinding a single player game. Playing through it, sure, it's fun. But grinding for something that can easily be created with a few clicks is just such a waste of time.

I will never understand grinding a single player game. Playing through it, sure, it's fun. But grinding for something that can easily be created with a few clicks is just such a waste of time.

I will never understand cheating on a single player game. Multiplayer, maybe, if you want to pretend you're somehow "pro". But single player? That's like stealing from yourself.

I will never understand cheating on a single player game. Multiplayer, maybe, if you want to pretend you're somehow "pro". But single player? That's like stealing from yourself.

I can see playing single player and skipping some content on a new play through. Or maybe you want the gloves of special sauce but you're not good enough at the game to get them. So "cheating" at single player is fine as you're not hurting anyone else's enjoyment but your own.

People who cheat in multiplayer against other players or without others condoning it need to DIAF.

Thank you for providing an example of my point: how on Earth does one "cheat" at a single player game in first place? There's no competition, therefore you can can't "cheat." I don't understand people who waste hours or days of their lives grinding a random number generator only to feel some satisfaction after it spits out a favorable constellation of attributes.

I'm against grinding in general, even in many MMO's where it's the only path to get good gear/an advantage. My point is that in BL2 it's simply inane. It's literally the same as shuffling a deck of cards until your Solitaire game starts with all four aces: pointless.

I agree with Cageymaru, cheating single player is your own business, you aren't ruining anybody else's fun. And I agree with him even more about people who cheat in multiplayer!!

There can be lots of reasons, my brother sucks at gaming, slow relexes, terrible hand-eye coordination etc. What fun is gaming if you are going to die all the time. So a few cheats at least lets him play a little.

Thank you for providing an example of my point: how on Earth does one "cheat" at a single player game in first place? There's no competition, therefore you can can't "cheat." I don't understand people who waste hours or days of their lives grinding a random number generator only to feel some satisfaction after it spits out a favorable constellation of attributes.

I'm against grinding in general, even in many MMO's where it's the only path to get good gear/an advantage. My point is that in BL2 it's simply inane. It's literally the same as shuffling a deck of cards until your Solitaire game starts with all four aces: pointless.

Actually you just log in and make your character 50 and give yourself all purples, all talents and a ton of badass points. Takes maybe 10 min to set up a character.

Thank you for providing an example of my point: how on Earth does one "cheat" at a single player game in first place? There's no competition, therefore you can can't "cheat."

I thought the whole point was defeating the challenge inherent in the game mechanics. If you don't like the game, or it's too hard, why play?

Actually you just log in and make your character 50 and give yourself all purples, all talents and a ton of badass points. Takes maybe 10 min to set up a character.
Now all you have to do is throw your toys and run crying to your mom and you've made a sound point. :D
I thought the whole point was defeating the challenge inherent in the game mechanics. If you don't like the game, or it's too hard, why play?
Where did I say the game was too hard? It's not, it's in fact very easy. I'm just stating it's a pretty foolish waste of time to grind a single player game for gear, especially once it's been beaten through and through. Evidently some of you love being at the mercy of a random number generator and get some kind of satisfaction from a randomly favorable outcome. Here's a life tip: never try gambling, it won't end well for you. :cool:

I'm just stating it's a pretty foolish waste of time to grind a single player game for gear

So you're saying it's a pretty foolish waste of time to play a game the way it was built and intended to be played.

And that it's a really super easy game, but it's so easy you can't be bothered to actually play it.

Cheaters have a really messed up view of games.

So you're saying it's a pretty foolish waste of time to play a game the way it was built and intended to be played.

And that it's a really super easy game, but it's so easy you can't be bothered to actually play it.

Cheaters have a really messed up view of games.
The fact that you go for an ad hominem indicates to me that I've hit a nerve squarely. It's unfortunate you can't deal with your pathology, but that's no reason to project your self-loathing on others. In either case, I won't discuss it anymore, sorry for derailing the thread as such.

The fact that you go for an ad hominem indicates to me that I've hit a nerve squarely. It's unfortunate you can't deal with your pathology, but that's no reason to project your self-loathing on others. In either case, I won't discuss it anymore, sorry for derailing the thread as such.

The fact that you consider being called a cheater...after openly admitting to cheating...an ad hominem indicates to me that I've hit a nerve squarely. It's unfortunate that you can't deal with the reality of your own actions.

Then again, when someone actually had the gall to claim that there is no way to cheat in a single player video game, I guess I can understand the shock value of facing the truth. That's some serious denial going on.

Lord knows, there were never "cheat codes" in video games in the last 25 years, or anything. :eek:

Guys, don't tell others how to live. Quit ruining other people's high.

Multiplayer is the only arena where I see that anti-cheeting needs to be enforced, and even then only when playing with unknown strangers (general online gaming), or in a competitive arena. (e-sports etc.) Co-op with friends where all parties agree...sure go have fun and cheat away.

As for single player...again, who am I to tell you how you should have fun.

Guys, don't tell others how to live. Quit ruining other people's high.

Multiplayer is the only arena where I see that anti-cheeting needs to be enforced, and even then only when playing with unknown strangers (general online gaming), or in a competitive arena. (e-sports etc.)

For the rest of it, sure go ahead if it makes you happy. Again, who am I to tell you how you should have fun.

I'm not telling anyone how to live. I just take issue with the notion that playing a game how it was designed, rather than just cheating, is a "waste of time".

I'm not telling anyone how to live. I just take issue with the notion that playing a game how it was designed, rather than just cheating, is a "waste of time".

A waste of time to you, but not neccessarily to them. As long as they arn't effecting anyone else with their actions, who cares. Let them have fun.

Also, wasn't this a discussion on golden keys? :D

So when are these Golden Keys released? Being forced to look at Twitter and Facebook is annoying enough. Then nothing new being posted there is worse.

So when are these Golden Keys released? Being forced to look at Twitter and Facebook is annoying enough. Then nothing new being posted there is worse.

Seems they do it randomly. Since I monitor Twitter a lot, I keep watch for giveaways from Gearbox & others. You could subscribe only to them if you'd like since they don't have a constant stream of tweets.

Seems they do it randomly. Since I monitor Twitter a lot, I keep watch for giveaways from Gearbox & others. You could subscribe only to them if you'd like since they don't have a constant stream of tweets.

I made a Twitter and Facebook account just so I can get stuff like this. Otherwise I'd never have one. But yes I subscribed to them. Thank you! :)

I made a Twitter and Facebook account just so I can get stuff like this. Otherwise I'd never have one. But yes I subscribed to them. Thank you! :)

:) Sometimes Randy Pitchford gives free keys, too, but the rest of his posts are... random like every other "celeb".

Back