Free Blu-Ray Player (S/W)

Leawo is usually pretty decent software. They have a lot of their software on the "free for the day" site. They usually get great reviews.

Thanks OP for sharing!

I thought this was for a physical Blu Ray player and not software. I'll stick with VLC. Good find though OP if it works.

I tried a few free softwares when i built my pc with a bluray player. So far power DVD has been great and I believe it somehow makes the video quality even better then any of the free ones I tried

Eh, if I put a Blu-Ray in my PC, it's because I'm going to rip it. I haven't cared about playback software since around the year 2000.

Can this be used with a regular CD/DVD burner or do you need a Blu Ray player or burner for it to work? Thanks

Can this be used with a regular CD/DVD burner or do you need a Blu Ray player or burner for it to work? Thanks

I haven't tried this specific software but I can't see how it would matter, even if the drive is a usb drive

I meant ...does the physical drive need to be a BD or will this software work with my old Asus 24x cd/dvd burner.

To play a Bluray specific disc, yes it would need to be a bluray compatible drive. It says you can load an ISO of a bluray, so in that case the storage medium would need to be as big as the ISO. If you are asking can it just play 1080p m2ts files, then yes it can, and those can be burned to a DVD (if it's big enough).

I have not used this software and make no recommendation to use or not use.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I should have read a little bit farther (all the pages). But it is good to get confirmation from knowledgeable sources. Now I know what the (S/W) means.

Anyone tried this with an UW? Know if it supports 21:9 zoom for black bars?

Tried it with Pirates of the Caribbean 1. I wasn't able to get it to go with filling my UW monitor at a proper ratio sadly. Uninstalling this one for lack of good UW support.

Back