Free Bible in modern, readable english!!!

Call Toll Free 1-888-551-0102 or Fill Out Form for
A FREE Recovery Version New Testament:

https://www.biblesforamerica.org/products/RequestRcV.aspx

(Description taken from site)

"Bibles for America's unique gift offer is the New Testament Recovery Version, a Bible that is accurately translated from the original languages into modern, readable English. It features interpretative aids such as over 9,000 extensive footnotes, 13,000 cross-references, maps, charts, and outlines that stress spiritual light and life supply in addition to providing a clear understanding of the divine revelation in the holy Word.

The use of the word "recovery" does not refer to a person's recovery from alcoholism or other substance abuse. Rather, it refers to the regaining of matters of biblical truth, Christian experience, and church practice that have been lost over time because of misunderstanding, mistranslation, or misinterpretation under the influences of history, tradition, and even religion."

please dont take this the wrong way cause today is sunday and i am going to church, but i think we should make a new rule about posting things that have to due with religion. every time somone posts somthin like this it turns into a very ugly flame war very fast

This is the Free Stuff thread, and this bible looks to be free, so I dont see why it shouldnt be posted. Those who thread crap or start bashing religion should keep their opinions to the soapbox section, or take a short break from the forums.

MrCoffee said:
This is the Free Stuff thread, and this bible looks to be free, so I dont see why it shouldnt be posted. Those who thread crap or start bashing religion should keep their opinions to the soapbox section, or take a short break from the forums.
QFT.

As Mr Coffee stated, this is a free item listed in the free stuff thread. No one is forcing anyone to order the bible. Its free to those who are interested in reading it.

MrCoffee said:

QFT

Exactly. This is a free forum where people post free stuff. If you dont want certain free stuff then dont sign up. And DO NOT come and whine and argue in the thread.

but thanks OP

ok, so its not the part about posting baout religion that bothers me. i jus think that any of the topics having to do with religion should be moderated a little more carefully. iirc the last time some one posted baout the quirran(sp) there where racial slurs and another time someone posted a mormin hate siteish thing

I also agree that the threads must be strictly moderated or should be allowed. I saw both of the threads mentioned and they were ugly at times.

I also think this should not be a board for religious debate. There are 80 million other places that can be done with people who are more informed about and interested in the topics. HardOCP should be about the technology (and occasionally the geeks who love it).

Red Shirt said:
I also agree that the threads must be strictly moderated or should be allowed. I saw both of the threads mentioned and they were ugly at times.

I also think this should not be a board for religious debate. There are 80 million other places that can be done with people who are more informed about and interested in the topics. HardOCP should be about the technology (and occasionally the geeks who love it).

No shit. No one is debating. This is a FREE FORUM. Take it or leave it but dont bitch.

Im not religious, but I like to read everything to gain a greater perspective. thanks op.

Thanks, always wanted one of the new translated bibles but it seems like other things always take precedence when i'm out and about.

KingKaeru said:
Anyone who makes a smartass remark, joke, or offtopic post in this thread gets a vacation.

Who wants to be the first customer? :)

--KK

Back