Free Amazon Prime Membership for 1-year for Students w/ .edu email

silent-circuit

[H]F Junkie
Nice. I've somehow managed to have Prime on and off for ~8 of the last 12 months for free, and now I've got it for another year. Thanks OP.

Devil24

2[H]4U
Amazon.com rocks!

I've been a paid Prime member since Oct 2005 and my membership was to expire this coming November. Well, after applying for this, I was approved and my account was updated with the new expiration date.

After receiving confirmation, I immediately got an email from Amazon CS telling me that I would receive a refund for the unused months of my old membership. The refund is supposed to go to the card I used at the time, but I no longer have an account with that bank and as result of this, the refund would never have made it to my hands. I called Amazon's CS dept and after explaining my situation to the rep that took my call, she told me not to worry about it and proceeded to send me an electronic gift card for the amount of my refund... how fucking awesome service is that!?!?!? Kudos to Amazon!!! that's why I've been a customer for almost 10 years now and that's why I do and will continue to do a whole lot of shopping with them!

Last edited:

Falling Anvil

[H]ard|Gawd
I actually graduated a couple of months ago, but I'm seriously considering going back for grad school, so I guess this is pre-emptive registration.

Thanks a billion OP. :)

Rooble91

Secret Santa Lame Gifter
Wow this is an amazing deal. Too bad my (community) college doesnt give out .edu email addresses :(

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for bringing this over here man. I just went back. :)

ToddW2

2[H]4U
Awesome deal for you guys in school.

Having prime is awesome, and terrible... my UPS man hates me since he's here almost every other day... oh well, last 2 months on my amazon visa and I can fly anywhere in usa free :D

And yeah, everyone is right, amazon's customer service is AWESOME.

Refunds a year later on newly opened items that were labeled wrong on their store, replaced my DOA Plasma (truck freight!).
Allowed me to return my out of warranty blu-ray player since I already ordered a replacement from them.

Jutsu

[H]ard|Gawd
I signed up last night, just extended my 1 month trial to over a year, ahahahahah. Sweeet thanks OP.

khansolo

Limp Gawd
Pretty nice, signed up for it with my college's email account but transferred the actual thing over to my regular amazon account

ryken

2[H]4U
this is awesome. What is really neat is you just log in to your existing account, then tack on the student email address. This means that all your contact/billing info is the same, and you don't have to create a whole new account.

SirKronan

Supreme [H]ardness
Awesome deal for you guys in school.

Having prime is awesome, and terrible... my UPS man hates me since he's here almost every other day... oh well, last 2 months on my amazon visa and I can fly anywhere in usa free :D

And yeah, everyone is right, amazon's customer service is AWESOME.

Refunds a year later on newly opened items that were labeled wrong on their store, replaced my DOA Plasma (truck freight!).
Allowed me to return my out of warranty blu-ray player since I already ordered a replacement from them.

Wow, I can't believe your UPS man would hate you. He has a job because of YOU!

Anyways, thanks OP, this is great! I signed up and it worked perfectly.

thehybridfrog

Limp Gawd
Holy cow? I just got free release day delivery on FF14 and SC2. Amazon prime is amazing.

For that guy who said his college switched to g-mail, mine did too, but now its "g.collegename.edu" and you can forward your old college e-mail address.

James54321

Limp Gawd
I dunno how to thank you other than saying that is TOTALLY awesome (and bumping the OP on the other forum)! Given that my books still cost well over the $25 minimum, I always qualified for Super Saver Shipping, but that also meant that I had to wait to be able to buy other items until I met the minimum or made a larger purchase. Now I don't have to wait and I'm able to place an order without shipping worries. This is too cool! :D

Hobbes874

Limp Gawd
Very cool. My original trial ran out about 2 months ago, so defiantly nice to have it again! Thanks OP.

Kayk

Gawd
Whaaaat. This is good stuff right here, I love amazon and I got a 6(?) month free trial earlier this year.

Caligulax

Gawd
signed up! gonna buy textbooks there this fall if the price is right. AND gonna pre order FF if I can get my hands on some dough.

NickJames

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm pretty fresh into College so my first email was gmail. Never had an older college email address.

Domingow

2[H]4U
Sorry to be a mooch, but if someone would be willing to help me out that would be terrific! It is my understanding that once someone activates the free 1yr prime membership they can invite a few folks to share in the program. Can someone be so kind as to send me an invite?
Thanks.

GJSNeptune

[H]F Junkie
Sorry to be a mooch, but if someone would be willing to help me out that would be terrific! It is my understanding that once someone activates the free 1yr prime membership they can invite a few folks to share in the program. Can someone be so kind as to send me an invite?
Thanks.
Don't you have to be in the same household? Or is the Student thing different?

kbaer89

Weaksauce
Amazon is such a smart company!

Free Amazon prime=happy college students=loyal customers for life!

wonSR4

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got my brother to sign up using his account and school email address and linked me and my dad to it. Sweet!