Free 3D Cad program for the first 100,000 to register

I registered but you only get the free software if 100,000 people signup....so get to signing up!

tobad i have not a fucking clue how to do any 3d cad
it will it 100,000 shit its near 90,000 on its 3rd day

Ballz2TheWallz said:
tobad i have not a fucking clue how to do any 3d cad
it will it 100,000 shit its near 90,000 on its 3rd day

if it actually retails for as much as they say it does (3-50k they say in the FAQ), sell it on ebay when it gets popular :-D

i wonder if they will just give it out as a free download. in which case i would be screwed with my dialup. but i do go back to school (quick connection) on august 22nd. but i cant see them sending 100,000 cds in the mail. at postage rates these days, it'll cost them quite a bit to ship that much.

\edit: hell, it'll cost them quite a bit to print 100,000 cds...

94,477 (++ when I get home and confirm my registration).

Getting close!

eggrock said:
94,477 (++ when I get home and confirm my registration).

Getting close!

95,786 as of 5:40 CST

also on their web site:

It's official, today Alibre announced that X-CAD is, in fact,
Alibre Design Xpress, a new addition to our Alibre Design product family

joeframbach said:
i wonder if they will just give it out as a free download. in which case i would be screwed with my dialup. but i do go back to school (quick connection) on august 22nd. but i cant see them sending 100,000 cds in the mail. at postage rates these days, it'll cost them quite a bit to ship that much.

\edit: hell, it'll cost them quite a bit to print 100,000 cds...
Eh, prob less than $40k - nothing to a company of any size.

-bZj

Well, I was trying to wait til nearly the last minute just to be 100,000... but alas, I'm 99673.

DAMMIT... i was 999,999 :)

knew i shoulda waited 1 more second to confirm....

I don't mean to dump on this thread, but a good reading of this thread may give you bit of insight into the free software. Gets interesting at page 5.

Its a scam.

Sure it's free. If you wanna suffer thru google ads as you use the product.

MMMM fun.

Boy I'm glad I used my Employee Discount when I worked at Autodesk.

Eh, I won't lose much sleep, I can use Solidworks and AutoCAD whenever I damn please. But at least I used my spam Gmail account.

I really should set up a few more spam addresses...I'm starting to get lazy about that because of GMail's decent spam filters.

Email came today to activate the X-CAD program.
Anyone done it yet?

Back