Free 240GB SATA 2.5" SSD for new customers @ Microcenter

Just pick up mine from Madison Heights location, took 5 minutes.

At Madison Heights emporium they had at least 50 + in stock. I don't think people really care about getting such a small SSD, even if it's free. I mean, it's 240GB, after you format it you're looking at what, like 212GB or something?

I have no real use for it, but to replace a drive in an old laptop that has a spinner, free never hurts.
Drive for the OS on a Linux server. Has plenty of uses, and for free, why not?

Although, it lists a price of $49.99, these have been selling at $29.99 for awhile.
PXL_20210821_174010898.jpg

Don't know if they ran out or what, but I went and they gave me a 480 gb SSD instead of a 240gb. Not complaining :)
Lol.. the 480 gb ssd they gave me died after about 2 weeks. I plugged it into several PCs and none can recognize it anymore as a storage device. Wonder if i can take it back for a replacement.

Lol.. the 480 gb ssd they gave me died after about 2 weeks. I plugged it into several PCs and none can recognize it anymore as a storage device. Wonder if i can take it back for a replacement.
I'm sure you can as it will have a warranty. :) Maybe they'll be out of the 480 and give you a 1TB instead, lol!

Did you get a replacement?

I can't get the captcha to work still.

Not Microcenter but I can't read some of them myself all caps case sensitive case insensitive I don't know!

Too bad my nearest microcenter is 10 hours away. :(

My closest one is in NY (not setting one inch of me there again after last time!)

Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 17-57-39 Google Maps.png

I much rather go to the one in Massachusetts (I should have also! It was not much out of my way on my trip to Vermont last month)

Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 17-58-14 Google Maps.png

They had 25+ at mine (Denver, CO). I've heard the same at other stores. Also got some free bluetooth headphones from an earlier email. :woot:

Free is good

At Madison Heights emporium they had at least 50 + in stock. I don't think people really care about getting such a small SSD, even if it's free. I mean, it's 240GB, after you format it you're looking at what, like 212GB or something?

I got a 240GB one at Amazon for the laptop I gave my Stepfather $35 it was I think?

I have no real use for it, but to replace a drive in an old laptop that has a spinner, free never hurts.
Drive for the OS on a Linux server. Has plenty of uses, and for free, why not?

Although, it lists a price of $49.99, these have been selling at $29.99 for awhile.View attachment 387289

Don't know if they ran out or what, but I went and they gave me a 480 gb SSD instead of a 240gb. Not complaining :)

This is actually still useful though!

I believe it comes with an 99 years money back guarantee.. ;)

But will the SATA interface still be used in 99 years?

I think the definitive answer to this is going to be no. Even the original ide and scsi don't exist just 20-30 years later

You can easily still buy IDE to USB adapters. I have one that's even USB 3 that reads SATA, full size IDE and laptop IDE.

You can easily still buy IDE to USB adapters. I have one that's even USB 3 that reads SATA, full size IDE and laptop IDE.
Yeah, but using those with the original ide drives is hit or miss as they're pata, which came after the original ide spec.

Back