Free 240GB SATA 2.5" SSD for new customers @ Microcenter

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
Just pick up mine from Madison Heights location, took 5 minutes.

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
At Madison Heights emporium they had at least 50 + in stock. I don't think people really care about getting such a small SSD, even if it's free. I mean, it's 240GB, after you format it you're looking at what, like 212GB or something?

DogsofJune

2[H]4U
I have no real use for it, but to replace a drive in an old laptop that has a spinner, free never hurts.
Drive for the OS on a Linux server. Has plenty of uses, and for free, why not?

Although, it lists a price of $49.99, these have been selling at $29.99 for awhile.
PXL_20210821_174010898.jpg

dthree

Weaksauce
Don't know if they ran out or what, but I went and they gave me a 480 gb SSD instead of a 240gb. Not complaining :)
Lol.. the 480 gb ssd they gave me died after about 2 weeks. I plugged it into several PCs and none can recognize it anymore as a storage device. Wonder if i can take it back for a replacement.

SamirD

Supreme [H]ardness
Lol.. the 480 gb ssd they gave me died after about 2 weeks. I plugged it into several PCs and none can recognize it anymore as a storage device. Wonder if i can take it back for a replacement.
I'm sure you can as it will have a warranty. :) Maybe they'll be out of the 480 and give you a 1TB instead, lol!

John S

n00b
Did you get a replacement?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I can't get the captcha to work still.

Not Microcenter but I can't read some of them myself all caps case sensitive case insensitive I don't know!

Too bad my nearest microcenter is 10 hours away. :(

My closest one is in NY (not setting one inch of me there again after last time!)

Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 17-57-39 Google Maps.png

I much rather go to the one in Massachusetts (I should have also! It was not much out of my way on my trip to Vermont last month)

Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 17-58-14 Google Maps.png

They had 25+ at mine (Denver, CO). I've heard the same at other stores. Also got some free bluetooth headphones from an earlier email. :woot:

Free is good

At Madison Heights emporium they had at least 50 + in stock. I don't think people really care about getting such a small SSD, even if it's free. I mean, it's 240GB, after you format it you're looking at what, like 212GB or something?

I got a 240GB one at Amazon for the laptop I gave my Stepfather $35 it was I think?

I have no real use for it, but to replace a drive in an old laptop that has a spinner, free never hurts.
Drive for the OS on a Linux server. Has plenty of uses, and for free, why not?

Although, it lists a price of $49.99, these have been selling at $29.99 for awhile.View attachment 387289

Don't know if they ran out or what, but I went and they gave me a 480 gb SSD instead of a 240gb. Not complaining :)

This is actually still useful though!

I believe it comes with an 99 years money back guarantee.. ;)

But will the SATA interface still be used in 99 years?