Free 10 hour trial of Guild Wars

10 hours of playtime?

edit... nevermind, it is 10 hours total playtime over 14 day period. and this game seems to play a lot like one of the diablo games, the world just isn't as dark. it's pretty simple and takes a little too much after WoW.... lol.

Um, Guild Wars is free anyways once you buy the game :confused:

From The Guild Wars Website said:
Will there be a subscription fee for Guild Wars? Are there any other fees, such as for patches or updates?

There is no a subscription fee of any kind, anywhere in the world and there are no hidden fees. You do not have to pay for the streaming updates that will take place on a regular basis, nor for additional content that we will provide between the chapters of Guild Wars.

Yeah I know the game currently cost $49.99 at any pc store, game made by the Battlenet team and any updates or patched are applied online even if you are online or not.

tacklebox said:
10 hours of playtime?

edit... nevermind, it is 10 hours total playtime over 14 day period. and this game seems to play a lot like one of the diablo games, the world just isn't as dark. it's pretty simple and takes a little too much after WoW.... lol.

I own the game, have well over 300 hours burned on it, its nothing like WoW. YMMV but I like not grinding out levels. Its fun, and for people who can't spend $15 a month on a game fee + hours of grinding (all my hours are spent when I have leisure time - not often) its a welcomed idea.

Nothing against WoW, My 3 room mates all own WoW and love it. I convinced one of them to buy GW and he likes that as wlel as WoW. To each his own, but if nothing else its a free 10 hour trial.

theacoustician said:
Um, Guild Wars is free anyways once you buy the game :confused:

uhh.. thats once you BUY the game. This allows you to download a game client and play for FREE for 10 hours. duh

i used mine up in 2 days...........

god damn them........

i need to find a good deal on this game

4b5eN+EE said:
i need to find a good deal on this game
Amazon has it for $43 and shows free shipping.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
PC-HAngover said:
uhh.. thats once you BUY the game. This allows you to download a game client and play for FREE for 10 hours. duh
So basically you're pimping a demo. Just about every game out there has a downloadable demo. Why make a thread about this one?

theacoustician said:
So basically you're pimping a demo. Just about every game out there has a downloadable demo. Why make a thread about this one?

Because it DOESN'T have a demo.... ?_?

This is a code that gives you the "demo like" ability for guild wars, from ATI.

Plain and simple, and if you don't see it... then I feel sorry for you.

yes.this is good considering this game doesnt have a demo, so a free trial works wonders for their sales...i thought id NEVER get into mmorpgs, but they are a great change from day after day of FPS and warcraft 3 (the only RTS game ill play)

Sweet, thx, I've been wanting to try this out before purchasing it. Now I can determine whether it's worth my time or not...

I bought Guild Wars and love it. I personally did not like the game at first but after about 8 hours I was certainly hooked. I am sure 10 free hours will be enough to get a few of you to purchase the game.

I played DAoC for awhile and loved it at first, but quickly tired of the leveling/crafting/farming grind, not to mention the pay-to-play model which never sat well with me. GW is also an instanced world so you don't have to worry about mob campers and timer pops.

I've been playing GW since it was released and I have to say that it's a perfect execution of an MMORPG -- no real grinds, a solid PvE plot/storyline to advance through that DAoC never had, and best of all no pay-to-play. Just last week they released a huge update with 2 new map areas and 140 new quests. I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't expect any new content until the next retail expansion pack, but instead they just added several more hours of gameplay FOR FREE. Oh and I paid the same price for the DAoC Gold Edition when I bought it, plus had to fork over the monthly fee. So GW is a bargain all the way around.

It won't be as hardcore and deep as DAoC/WoW (which BTW are both pretty softcare compared to true D&D rulesets, but I digress) but in my opinon that's a benefit.

Ten hours is so easy to burn up on this game. I tried it out because my old ass PC can't handle many of the newer games, to be honest, but this one looked like it'd still fly. I burnt up eight hours in one day, though, and don't have much trial time left as a result. Oi.

Back