Freaky Black Friday Stories

Got a Galaxy S III from Sprint ... serious deal for only $50 and only because my HTC EVO 3D decided to let out the magic smoke the day before.

Guns have nothing to do with crime or keeping the country safe. Anti-gun laws have long been proven ineffective.

How much gun violence is there in England? How much gun violence is there in The Netherlands? How much gun violence is there in Canada?

There is gun violence in England (and now knife violence, because the English have turned into pussies).

Canada has the odd shooting, or even mass shooting.

I don't think there's much in the Netherlands, but you can't compare a small, affluent, relatively homogenous country like that to the USA. Violence is angry people. If everyone is sitting around on the stoop having a smoke and beer there could be a bazooka in their closet, doesn't really matter.

My whole block got robbed of their deliveries today, good thing my packages arrive starting monday. It paid off being a cheap skate on the shipping this time I guess

My whole block got robbed of their deliveries today, good thing my packages arrive starting monday. It paid off being a cheap skate on the shipping this time I guess

Ouch that sucks. I have a doorman so he collects all the packages for the building. I love having a secured entrance: It's awesome.

I went out at midnight last year for some mall shopping. The savings were worth putting off several hours of sleep. Everyone was also polite, plenty of excuse me's and the like. I live in Nor Cal, by the way.

This year, I didn't get out. It probably would have been crazier with stores opening at 10 PM now. I did my shopping on Amazon and got some great deals (yay two day shipping).

How much gun violence is there in England? How much gun violence is there in The Netherlands? How much gun violence is there in Canada?
strawman argument. Criminals are going to get guns law or not and that is where gun violence statistics come from. Also violence is violence gun or baseball bat, it doesn't really matter. There are gun crimes the world over including countries they are banned. Gun bans have historically been proven ineffective as they have no meaningful impact on the reduction of violent crime.

BF does speak about the human condition a bit. I scoff at the preppers that are afraid that if things go south and we hit another crisis like the great depression that people will start accosting them for what they have. BF behavior makes me take second notice of these notions.

You're obviously part of the crows that thinks guns kill people. Why would you even compare those countries to America? America was vastly unsettled and guns were all but required. It was how the country was taken from the British. The European countries you mentioned have been settled for centuries and didn't quite have the same potential for gun dispersion.

Also, if you though Prohibition was bad...hahaha......try banning guns in America and see what happens.

You're obviously part of the crows that thinks guns kill people. Why would you even compare those countries to America? America was vastly unsettled and guns were all but required. It was how the country was taken from the British. The European countries you mentioned have been settled for centuries and didn't quite have the same potential for gun dispersion.

Also, if you though Prohibition was bad...hahaha......try banning guns in America and see what happens.

heres 2 more funny things. I remember hearing the british olympic shooting team talking about how they had to leave their country to practice for the olympics, they laughed and said something like "and we suppose ot leave in a free democratic country". the other one, wasnt it posted on hardocp front page not too long ago with London having the most CCTV networks in the world?

Honestly, if you ban guns does it stop the violence. It may lower a specific sub specific type but its not going to stop violence. Take this fact: Based on survey data from the U.S. Department of Justice, roughly 5,340,000 violent crimes were committed in the United States during 2008. These include simple/aggravated assaults, robberies, sexual assaults, rapes, and murders. Of these, about 436,000 or 8% were committed by offenders visibly armed with a gun. What makes his criminal a criminal to begin with is their complete disregard to laws. How many of these crimes could have been prevented by the victim carrying a gun, and how many crimes was deterred because the victim had a gun or thought to carry one?

Heres some facts though i dont know how truly accurate the site is:
http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

Back