Freakin' wow I love my GTX260...

I have been benching and experimenting with my card the last couple weeks also. I bought the MSI from newegg and it has been just great!! It can hold it's own with any single card.

06trials.jpg

WZ

yeah, the two MSIs I got are good clockers... had them up to 725/1450/1200 with no issues at all... I think they have a few more mhz in them on the core and shaders also. :)

edit: my cards run nice and cool also, idle in the 40s and load in the 60s with the fan @ 75% but the fan is a bit louder than my 8800GTX fans were... considerably louder @ 100% actually. but oh well..

Sweet I just hope my friend can get me one from Washington , they are too pricey here !

edit: I just realised that GTX260s are finally available in reasonable prices. I found a BFG GTS260 for around $300. This is my go with BFG :)

I finally got a chance to play with my cards for more than 5 mins at a time between work and packing and traveling, and sleeping... arrg!! my shitty schedule over the last few days has been slightly less than ideal for testing new hardware... *pant* *pant*

they are pretty nice.. in Oblivion I can finally run Qarl's texture pack3 (with the rock textures from texture pack 2 - which are photo realistic, but give a big perf hit) with 4x AA 16x AF @ 1920x1080 with HDR on, all the sliders maxed, all graphic options tweaked for highest IQ.. like in the oblivion.ini setting ALL water reflections and other misc LOD (level of deatail) settings on... it's like biting into a warm chocolate chip cookie. yum. :) very very smooth and fast... my 8800GTXs would get pretty choppy in areas... I can turn the AA up more also, but I see some minor choppiness in some areas with all the mods I am running.. 4x is just fine though.. previously I was only able to use 2x and it was still not as smooth as I liked in some cities.

anyways.. pretty cool stuff.. :)

I am lovin my EVGA GTX 260, runs great!

I'ts an OC hound from hell too! I've hit 745/1530 1300 on stock voltage, benched a few times at 760/1530...I don't run it that hi tho...

I did download a EVGA FTW 260 Bios, edited it with NiBitor 4.3 to have higher voltage on the Extra profile...stock was 1.12v for both my vanilla and the higher clocked FTW edition, quite a difference in clocks too. The next step up on voltage was 1.18v, the same voltage the GTX280 runs...then there are a couple of options below 1.12v that are used in 2D and 3D (video) modes. I used NVFlash 5.67 iirc...worked like a charm.

I noticed right away I had warmer temps tho...3-5C...the idle didn't change for 45C since the only profile/clock change was in Extra mode for 3D Gaming. I was able to OC a little further to 770/1560 kept the mem at 1300, but I was getting into 70C territory where before I was in the 62-63C territory under load...at load that's 7-8C increase in temps! I did find a little less stability when pushing further...what got be going is the fact I have a GTX 260/280 thread over at Techpowerup, a guy posted in there claiming he hit 800/1600 on his GTX260, it must've been water cooled, because when the temps get beyond a certain point I notice some degraded stability while overclocked. He did post a GPU-Z picture...it seems TPU is down atm, at least I can't access it...but I'll post a link for you guys to dig through later on if you're interested..

I do gotta say though, one helluva card, I generally just run the stock FTW clocks as I game at 1440x900 in Vista x64, Q6600 OC'd to 3.6, 2x2GB PC8000 G.skill, I need a bigger monitor lol! This card is one helluva performer...I can't wait to see what the 200b's have in store for us, but I'm not too eager as I'm very content with my current card atm.

nice work... yeah, I think for the price this card is hard to beat.. I was having a little buyers remorse when I saw the 4870X2 out... but oh well.. I spent less on my two 260s and my machine's performance is now where I wanted it.. I have been running with the cards at 700c/1450s and 1200m with no issues at all so far.. idle temps in the high 30s if you can believe that...well, yeah, the cards are downclocked at idle quite a bit.. but still, 39c and 38c... them's wc temps. lol. load temps around 60! very nice stuff. :)

nice work... yeah, I think for the price this card is hard to beat.. I was having a little buyers remorse when I saw the 4870X2 out... but oh well.. I spent less on my two 260s and my machine's performance is now where I wanted it.. I have been running with the cards at 700c/1450s and 1200m with no issues at all so far.. idle temps in the high 30s if you can believe that...well, yeah, the cards are downclocked at idle quite a bit.. but still, 39c and 38c... them's wc temps. lol. load temps around 60! very nice stuff. :)

Your running at the same temps, and clocks as mine! With the exception of my memory which I have a 1275, my card is just the same. Idles nicely at 39-38 and during 3D Vantage it doesnt get past 61c.

these 260s are selling like hotcakes. evga has been completely out of stocvk for almost 2 weeks. they havent had a new or refurb card to replace my def one that i filed for cross-ship RMA on Aug 5. replacement card had a shipment ETA of 1-2 bus days...it's been 8.

the evga rep told me they cant keep cards in stock but also that theyve had a higher % of DOA cards.

My vanilla 260 reminds me of my old 7900GT. Cheap with hella overclocks.

They just need to bring the 2xxb out before my step-up runs out.

same here... I was just thinking that this morning. :) I volt moded my 7900s and they OC'd like beasts... :D

edit: I thought my 260s were vanilla, but they came clocked at 620 core.. or is that stock?

same here... I was just thinking that this morning. :) I volt moded my 7900s and they OC'd like beasts... :D

edit: I thought my 260s were vanilla, but they came clocked at 620 core.. or is that stock?

I think stock clock is 575Mhz.

ok, that's what I thought.. but then thought they might have a small bump in default due to less shaders.. hrm. oh dwell.

Back