Freakin ACE ;)

ocbaud

Supreme [H]ardness
picked up a macbook pro the other day.

i'm in love

plan on selling my main pc and just using this. got my 4gb memory upgrade in today too, very very nice. will be using this mostly for photography and well, everything else.

got the 2.4ghz 15"

so much nicer than my old 1.5ghz g4 powerbook

I'm in the same boat, I just picked up a MBP on Monday. I'm really impressed with the laptop so far. It even runs vista 64-bit with excellent driver support through boot camp. I usually sell my notebooks after a year or so but i can see myself keeping this one for quite a long time.

I bought the 2.5Ghz 15" macbook pro that is coming in on saturday. I tested the MBP's out and they are like no other. Best 2.5k I ever spent on a computer. The batter life is about 3.5x that of my old laptop.

Had mine since august of last year. It is a great piece of hardware (and leopard is sweet)
Plays all my games well too in bootcamp mode.

I will have had my MBP for 1 year in July. I love it so much, I'll never own a lesser laptop. I just bought the applecare to extend it out, just to be certain I have this for 2 more years.

I had my previous Powerbook for four years, I expect I'll have my new MBP for around three unless a new case revision comes out soon. Congrats!

I hate all of you... Though I admit I love my lowly MB. My room mate took it with him on a buisness trip instead of his Dell XPS laptop and fell in love with not only it but OS X as well. He's wanting an iMac for his birthday. We have another who's left the blue side and come to the light. ;)

I hate all of you... Though I admit I love my lowly MB. My room mate took it with him on a buisness trip instead of his Dell XPS laptop and fell in love with not only it but OS X as well. He's wanting an iMac for his birthday. We have another who's left the blue side and come to the light. ;)

i was about THIS close to buying the black macbook instead. i LOVED the size of it and it felt like i could toss it around a bit more since its plastic.

though i stuck with the mbp, as it will mostly be at home hooked up to external keyboard, mouse, and monitor and i figured if this would be my main machine, i want something that will atleast play most of the games i would want to play :)

oh, and the sales guys were cracking up when i told them that i gotta keep the purchase quiet, since i work for Dell. :eek:
:D

The macbook pro is the best computer I've ever owned. I don't have a fetish for OSX as much as some do (I prefer XP for everything except looks) but its such a lovely computer. Fast, thin, gorgeous... can't do much better. Will have owned 9 as soon as the next revision comes out.

The macbook pro is the best computer I've ever owned. I don't have a fetish for OSX as much as some do (I prefer XP for everything except looks) but its such a lovely computer. Fast, thin, gorgeous... can't do much better. Will have owned 9 as soon as the next revision comes out.

I agree the Macbook pro is a gorgeous piece of hardware well worth the money. I do plan on going into a cycle where I replace it every 2-3 years since I dont have the best paying job.... Still I see it as an investment that allows me to experiment with Mac OSX which is the only OS I have yet to learn.

Its funny because when I put it all together. 1700 for my laptop ( I got in on that free nano deal, and sold it). Then 250 for the apple care, there is really NO other cost involved. I mean i have programs I got installed for business so that saved me, but in the end for 3 years of an unbelievable computer experience thats not bad. I feel buying new parts, fixing things, and always upgrading has costed me close to that regardless. :p

damn I am having a hard time. Right now I have a desktop and an XPS 1330. Could sell both and just get a refurb SR 2.4GHZ MBP, or keep the 1330 and get a refurb Imac 24inch with the 2600 Pro. Man this is tough.

Whatever you do, wait until at least after June 9th, when the WWDC kicks off. You never know what products Jobs will release.

Myself, I'm still using my 12" powerbook G4. I love this thing. And I also have a Mac Pro with the 8800GT and 6 gigs (for now) of RAM. Love that too.

I went from a watercooled custom-built setup to that. I probably could've built a comparable Hackintosh, but I was lazy. :p

I'm thinking of picking up a 17" MBP when I go to California in august. It's about 20 % cheaper in America, thanks to the low value of the dollar vs pound sterling. And that's including VAT! Without VAT, the difference is bigger still.

The MBP is easily one of the best laptops ever made.

I picked up a MB in early March, and needless to say, it has grown on me.

I just put VMWare Fusion on it with Windows Vista, and plan to put another VM for Ubuntu on it. This serves me very well, and has replaced my Moto Q as my "pocket PC". I pretty much have everything I need and then some with this laptop, which is very nice.

I was going for a MBP originally, but due to school loans, I could only get enough to go for the MB. Needless to say, this is giong to last me for a few years easy.

i may end up selling my desktop to buy a mbp. it just depends on how much i can get for it. will probably sell one or both of my minis as well but the g4 will go first. they are just so thin and light.

When I worked at Dell, there were lots of mac owners working with me. You would be surprised at how many folks there, including me, owned a mac. I still have my Inspiron 600m, but I picked up a G4 iBook 14" on Austin's Craigslist and i've been using it since. I remember getting an EMC AX100 Fibre Channel SAN array connected to 2 XServe servers via McData FC switches before I left. There were always those hardcore PC folks, but lots of them were pretty open minded on PC and MAC.

Back