Fraps recording in BC2, fps drops to 30?

SaViOr-

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure whether this is the right section for this post, but figured since it has somewhat to do with video cards I'll post it here :D.

I have the full version of fraps and in Bad Company 2 whenever I hit the record button my frames drop to 30. I have tried settings the record rate to 50 and 60 in fraps, as well as settings up a custom setting for 90fps recording. Have tried in full size and half size with the same results. Does anyone know whats going on here, or is this normal?

BC2 Settings 1920x1080, All HIGH, HBAO ON, VSync OFF, 2xAA (Honestly dont see the difference going from 2xaa to 4/8/16 except for the fps drop so keep it at 2x), 16x AF. PC Specs are in my sig. I usually get between 80-100fps while gaming, depending on map and whats going on in the match.

All comments and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks! :D

recording to the same hard drive as ur os/games is on?

get a seperate hard drive to record to.

i know with the free version it drops the fps to 30 when recording

Yeah it did that when I was using the free/trial version, which is why i upgraded to full in hopes of recording clips at around ~60ish so i can play comfortably

recording to the same hard drive as ur os/games is on?

get a seperate hard drive to record to.

Yep recording to the same drive as OS/Games etc.. My WD 1TB Black. Would getting another hdd for recording help?

Quoting the Fraps FAQ:

If you are recording a movie with Fraps there can be a noticable impact on the game. This is due to all the extra work involved in saving the screen data to disk.

It doesn't matter which version you use, it will do this.

I can stand in one spot in the city of Skingrad (Oblivion with QTP) with FPS at 73 and it drops to 57 as soon as I start recording. My game/OS is on my SSD and Fraps is on an HDD. It does help some.

Long shot but could vsync (double buffering) be forced on in CCC or tray tools etc.? That might mean that while Fraps is causing fps to drop a bit below 60, vsync then takes u down to exactly 30.

Back