Frank's 2013 upgrade.......

Whew, the wait is now over - the Lutro0 Customs Black Coreless paracord has arrived! I stopped to take some pics of this stuff, I totally love this goodness and had to try to do it some justice behind the lens. Now its going on the wires I have been waiting to sleeve. I have the 24-Pin in progress.......

f2td.png

3klm.png

hek.png

I was researching some Bitspower things I needed for this Frank N SteinPC build and noticed something new Bitspower is releasing. Though this doesn't fit with my current needs as I used D5 style pumps, I know many that do use the DDC Lang type pumps as well, so I wanted to share some thoughts on these while we wait for some major updates on the Frank N Stein Build.

BP-DDCTOPUK250AC-CLCL Bitspower DDC TOP Upgrade Kit 250 (Acrylic Version)
l5t5.png

Features:
1. Easy and Use.
2. Design For Bitspower DDC TOP With Reservoir Application.
3. Only Compatible With Bitspower Z-Multi / Z-tube / Z Series.
4. Made Of Hi-Quality Acrylic.
5. RoHS Compliant.

Color : Clear.
Thread : G1/4” x 2

Included :
1. BP-WTZACC1-CL x 1PCS.
2. BP-WTZACT250-CL x 1PCS.
3. DDC Z-Tube Adapter-CL x 1 PCS
4. Screw x 1Set.

***All Specification Will Be Changed Without Further Notice***

Here are several different combinations.

Bitspower DDC TOP Upgrade Kit 150 (Acrylic or POM Version)
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.p...ion=1&keywordgroup=3&keyword=BP-DDCTOPUK150ac
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.p...tion=1&keywordgroup=3&keyword=BP-DDCTOPUK150P

Bitspower DDC TOP Upgrade Kit 250 (Acrylic or POM Version)
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.p...ion=1&keywordgroup=3&keyword=BP-DDCTOPUK250AC
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.p...tion=1&keywordgroup=3&keyword=BP-DDCTOPUK250P

Below is the DDC TOP which could match with Bitspower DDC TOP Upgrade Kit.
It sells singly, and is not included in the Bitspower DDC TOP Upgrade Kit.

DDC TOP (Acrylic or POM Version)
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_24&products_id=1395
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_24&products_id=1396

dj1d.jpg

bq3t.jpg

kx43.jpg

vdwq.jpg

I have plans this weekend to make some major progress over the coming holiday to get Frank moving towards his final look. The loop will be finalized this weekend.
Here are the planned events for the holidays……….

I received all my Bitspower goodies I need in order to pull off this plan.
x0s.png

Here are some pass through pieces I will be using. I planned on using 5 of them. Once they arrived I was able to verify that the spacing between connections is too tight and I need to only use 4 of them now. Where there is a will there is a way – and Bitspower probably already makes that way possible.
k9ce.png

These are FillTop connectors, but are also used as pass-through connectors to bring a clean connection between levels. These were purchased for the plans I have this coming holiday to use in the final loop configuration.

1. Will be inserted as a return feed from the MB tray. I will have a Bitspower Quick Disconnect (QDC) connected to this pass-through so I can detach the MB loop from the case. The underneath of this will make a 90 degree turn and go to the underneath of the Primochill 400ml reservoir.
2. Will serve as the “In” port underneath the Primochill 400ml reservoir. The Promichill Reservoir will have 2 pass-through connectors it will use to both mount the reservoir as well as provide for one in and one out connection.
3. Will serve as the out feed to the pumps below. I originally expected to have two outbound connections, the issue is that the pass-through edges are too wide to allow three so closely together, so I am reduced to a single in and a single out. This will have a “Y” connector attached below that will split the feed out to the two Bitspower Dual Mod Top 250ml Reservoir kits.
4. Will serve as the pass-through from where the front rads and rear rad will combine using a Bitspower “Y” connector then feeding this pass-through (via flow meter and temp probe)

7v6y.png

These will be used on the Reservoir to give me some finger room to make the connections between the extenders and the pass-through connectors. These are also rotary Male to Male connections, a connector type many water cooling users know well the importance of these connections. Rotary Male2Male and Rotary Male2Female Connectors are very critical in builds to reduce twists in lines or allow for better positioning. I will use these with the other two kinds of connectors to allow me to turn the fitting and tighten it into the reservoir while not loosening it up where its connected to the pass-through connection.
b2k.png

li1y.png

These are the extenders that also will provide some spacing distance for me to connect the connectors to the reservoir and the pass-through connections. Pretty simple, they are just extenders to give some spacing.
l0n.png

This is the idea with them all put together. You can see I am using all three types of connectors here. The3 pass-through connections are on as well. That is the design in my mind that I will be using to mount this reservoir vertical without a side mount. This will also allow for the fluid to pass through the floor of the bottom of the Extended U2-UFO case and feed the bottom. You can also see the temp probe attached, this is going to pick up the “Out” temps from the loop once it has finished going through the MB blocks and is at its hottest before heading to the pumps and split between the front rad array and the back rad.
j45.png

The plans for this holiday 4-day weekend…………..
1. Create a video explaining the current loop and the parts I am using to change it and why
2. Install pass-through for GPU feed – record the process of installing a pass-through in a case so I can make a tutorial video showing the steps to share with others
3. Remove the MB tray from the case
4. Cut the MB tray even with the edge of the MB
5. Remove the 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl wrap on the bottom of the MB tray
6. Re-apply the 3M Carbon Fiber on the new cut piece and cover any holes, the shiny edge from cutting it, etc and get it back together
7. Put all the HW back on the MB tray
8. Include the Bitspower RAM blocks in the blocks on the MB
9. Finish modifying the Bitspower Heat Spreaders
10. Record the process of removing the RAM modules heatsinks and replacing them with the Bitspower heat spreaders as well as the installation of the blocks to the modules once they are installed back on the MB
11. Drill a ½ hole for the return feed and install the second Bitspower Pass-through
12. Attach a Bitspower QDC to the Pass-through
13. Make a 90 degree connection under the pass-through
14. Drill two 1/2 “ holes for the Primochill Reservoir to mount with the Bitspower connections as described above
15. Connect the 90 degree to the “In” connection on the Primochill Reservoir
16. Connect the Primochill reservoir to the Bitspower pass-through connections
17. Under the Primochill reservoir, use a Bitspower “Y” connector and feed the top of the two Bitspower 250ml reservoirs that are attached to the top of the Dual D5 Mod Top kits I have below.
18. Split the kits to allow one set of D5’s to push fluid through the front reservoirs. Use the second D5 Dual Mod kit to push through the back MORA3.
19. Flip the MORA3 over and have the in/out connections on the same side of the case as the front rads are
20. Use another Bitspower “Y” connector to bring both front and rear Rads back into a single tubing run
21. Connect the flow meter to the “Y” connector
22. Connect the “In” temp probe in after these
23. Run tubing to the 90 degree “In” under the Bitspower pass-through that will then go into a Bitspower QDC, then feed the GPU.
24. Once all the modificaitons are done, bundle and sew the GPU cables up and under the Mobo tray and start clean up on all cables while doing a leak test.

Wow that sounds like one really busy weekend, I hope you have enough time to get everything done.

In the morning I'm making waffles :D - NOT - lol, Frank says good bye for now, surgery begins in the am. We will be back with a much better loop, cleaner configuration, and ready to finish the cabling.

Is this the final loop change? lol or a "we'll see" loop change -_-

Keep up the good work Cav.

Unfortunately its not as easy to keep a forum up to date as it is a FB page - so momentary updates during the days are much easier via FB page. Making tons of progress and I have to say I love the final loop config - yes its the final loop config, we are turning the corner this weekend and heading for the final look Frank will settle into. No more changes from here - all forward progress towards our goal of completion now. With a clear end goal in mind I should be able t get there soon.

Just a quick "FB" style update - pics and a short text. These are iPhone pics so forgive the bad quality and not in my normal template. This gives a basic idea/updatre on the current direction I am heading and why these new parts were introduced. You will see under the top floor the connections I keep talking about how the QDC will route to the reservoir from under. There also are two "Y" connections, one splits to both pumps sets which will drive frnat and rear rad sections independantly then combine back to go up and feed the GPU.

ph0u.jpg

dyf2.jpg

q6f.jpg

t6qc.jpg

dsrn.jpg

iys4.jpg

zgbj.jpg

psz6.jpg

8bps.jpg

lrvs.jpg

30j8.jpg

f0u1.jpg

en25.jpg

I did a RAW unedited video on the new loop config while I was leak testing:
http://youtu.be/qt9VjhHFuOU

I will clean this video up and re-post, so this will eventually be deleted and replaced with the post production video. However for something quick and informative, I show the loop, all the fittings, the reasons why I have it the way I do, etc.

Awesome re-fit! I'm currently engrossed in a new build with a Cosmos II case. After looking at the Mountain Mods cases, I'm now thinking re-fit as well. Thanks! Oh well. That's the way it is. Something new comes along and you just gotta have it. One thing leads to another, and your doing a whole new build again! Keep up the great work!

Frank is alive again - but in kind of a worse state than before I tor him down TBH - the 9 Xigamtech fans are offline due to some binding making them very noisy or not turning. So I need to reseat all nine fans on the MORA 3.

The CPU fan is freaking out for some reason - it will run fine, the second I task the CPU it starts to cut out and eventually stops. Thankfully I am watercooled, so the fan isn't a big deal, just weird its freaking out like that, it didn't before.

Getting good flow though.

While we wait for more pics and updates here is a Motivational Modder pic I posted today on FB:
j1ou.png

that must suck having to take all the fans off of the mora. Is it cramped working down below in the tank?

This is a pretty sick build man RAZER TIAMAT 7.1 HEADPHONES these also are amazing i think ima have to check um out

Man with all these Iphone pics, your treating Frank like some dell or something :D jkjk

Looking great!

that must suck having to take all the fans off of the mora. Is it cramped working down below in the tank?
Actually its pretty roomy, I mean it is 24x18x18 to work in. I can get an electric driver in there to put in or take out the screws so yeah there is room, but with all that stuff in there, at times it can be confined.

This is a pretty sick build man RAZER TIAMAT 7.1 HEADPHONES these also are amazing i think ima have to check um out
Awesome headphones - just sent them in today for an warranty replacement though, some reason the left ear bass went out, and the right ear went muddy with bass, otherwise when they were working, OMG they were awesome.

Man with all these Iphone pics, your treating Frank like some dell or something :D jkjk
Looking great!

Haha, just working the ugly duckling that turns into a swan scenario to my advantage :D

Working on many updates with Frank - trying like crazy to get it all done by August 1. In the meantime while we wait to see all the goodness, check this new color options Bitspower has for their flow indicators. I was originally going to be using two of these in this build. I chose to go a different route and wouldn't you know it, as soon as I did, they came out with color compatible options. lol

Lots of sleeving is done.........
3x GPU Cables sleeved
1x 24-pin sleeved
1x 8-pin sleeved
1x 4-pin sleeved
Right side 5.25" bay custom power run done/sleeved

73308_484123288342389_271487581_n.jpg

73308_484123285009056_1626074541_n.jpg

Bitspower Blade Color Options

Features :
1. Compatible Bitspower Flow Sensor.
2. RoHS Compliant.

Included :
Flow Diameter Conversion Set (I.D. 5MM / I.D. 8MM).

***All Specification can change Without Further Notice***

BP-BFS-RD Red Blade For Bitspower Flow Sensor
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_19&products_id=3113

BP-BFS-BK Black Blade For Bitspower Flow Sensor
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_19&products_id=3112

BP-BFS-OR Orange Blade For Bitspower Flow Sensor
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_19&products_id=3111

BP-BFS-BL Blue Blade For Bitspower Flow Sensor
http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_19&products_id=3110

The plans for this holiday 4-day weekend…………..
1. Create a video explaining the current loop and the parts I am using to change it and why - Done, but not posting. It wasn't that good and I did it all anyway, so kind of an after the fact video.
2. Install pass-through for GPU feed – record the process of installing a pass-through in a case so I can make a tutorial video showing the steps to share with others - done, again not that good, may not post this video.
3. Remove the MB tray from the case - done
4. Cut the MB tray even with the edge of the MB - done
5. Remove the 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl wrap on the bottom of the MB tray - done
6. Re-apply the 3M Carbon Fiber on the new cut piece and cover any holes, the shiny edge from cutting it, etc and get it back together - done
7. Put all the HW back on the MB tray - done
8. Include the Bitspower RAM blocks in the blocks on the MB - done
9. Finish modifying the Bitspower Heat Spreaders - done
10. Record the process of removing the RAM modules heatsinks and replacing them with the Bitspower heat spreaders as well as the installation of the blocks to the modules once they are installed back on the MB - done
11. Drill a ½ hole for the return feed and install the second Bitspower Pass-through - done
12. Attach a Bitspower QDC to the Pass-through - done
13. Make a 90 degree connection under the pass-through - done
14. Drill two 1/2 “ holes for the Primochill Reservoir to mount with the Bitspower connections as described above - done
15. Connect the 90 degree to the “In” connection on the Primochill Reservoir underneath - done
16. Connect the Primochill reservoir to the Bitspower pass-through connections - done
17. Under the Primochill reservoir, use a Bitspower “Y” connector and feed the top of the two Bitspower 250ml reservoirs that are attached to the top of the Dual D5 Mod Top kits I have below. - done
18. Split the kits to allow one set of D5’s to push fluid through the front reservoirs. Use the second D5 Dual Mod kit to push through the back MORA3. - done
19. Flip the MORA3 over and have the in/out connections on the same side of the case as the front rads are - done
20. Use another Bitspower “Y” connector to bring both front and rear Rads back into a single tubing run - done
21. Connect the flow meter to the “Y” connector - done (but installed it the wrong direction lol)
22. Connect the “In” temp probe in after these - done, but installed the wrong temp probe that will not work with my front panel read out - will need to change out for a different probe
23. Run tubing to the 90 degree “In” under the Bitspower pass-through that will then go into a Bitspower QDC, then feed the GPU.- Done
24. Once all the modificaitons are done, bundle and sew the GPU cables up and under the Mobo tray and start clean up on all cables while doing a leak test. - still working on this

ATTN QUAKECON ATTENDEES

Are you going to Quakecon 2013 - come by booth 261 next to Modders Inc and see "Frank N SteinPC" and learn some sewing/sleeving skills. I will be there teaching sewing and sleeving to those that wish to learn. Lutro0 Customs is providing the supplies and its bound to be a great time discussing methods and various ways. I am exicted to learn from others as much as I am in teaching those who wish to know.

So come by the booth and lets have some fun sleeving some cables.................

ATTN QUAKECON ATTENDEES

Are you going to Quakecon 2013 - come by booth 261 next to Modders Inc and see "Frank N SteinPC" and learn some sewing/sleeving skills. I will be there teaching sewing and sleeving to those that wish to learn. Lutro0 Customs is providing the supplies and its bound to be a great time discussing methods and various ways. I am exicted to learn from others as much as I am in teaching those who wish to know.

So come by the booth and lets have some fun sleeving some cables.................

Thanks, This sounds interesting and its something I would like to learn and observe.

See you there!

Great Build, I have followed this entire thread, and love everything you have done....Right up until you installed that huge 400mL tube res in front of the motherboard..

I seriously, seriously think that was a HUGE mistake design wise..It takes away from the simple, classy lines/fittings/color themes you have flowing through the build..

If you feel you must have yet another res up there, I really think sticking with the dual 5.25" bay res would have been a better idea..

I am not "hating" on all the painstaking detailed work you have done, I just feel that was a last minute design change in the race to get ready for QC, and it was not a change for the better..

That being said, it is just my opinion, and am curious to see what everyone else thinks..I hope you take home some killer swag thanks to your #1 finish* in the MOD contest!;)

*Yes, I can see into the future:cool:

Great Build, I have followed this entire thread, and love everything you have done....Right up until you installed that huge 400mL tube res in front of the motherboard..

I seriously, seriously think that was a HUGE mistake design wise..It takes away from the simple, classy lines/fittings/color themes you have flowing through the build..

If you feel you must have yet another res up there, I really think sticking with the dual 5.25" bay res would have been a better idea..

I am not "hating" on all the painstaking detailed work you have done, I just feel that was a last minute design change in the race to get ready for QC, and it was not a change for the better..

That being said, it is just my opinion, and am curious to see what everyone else thinks..I hope you take home some killer swag thanks to your #1 finish* in the MOD contest!;)

*Yes, I can see into the future:cool:

I hear you and tbh I wondered how it would end up. Now that I have done the mod I see that I could have moved it up a bit more, moved my pass throughs as well. But what is done I done so now its on to finishing. I hope to hell I get it done b4 Qcon, working on the final cabling touches atm....................

THX for the vote of confidence but I know competition is gonna be tight, many talented people going to Quakecon, so we shall see. I hope I can get into the fray though being in the booth teaching others. If your coming, come by and say hello, I'll be in booth 251.

i'm here and can't wait to see your rig. been following for a while - since your previous rig. will you be playing in the BYOC?

Hey congratulations on winning the case mod contest at Quakecon! It was really awesome to see your work first hand and to learn how you braid your cables.

congrats on your win! it was nice meeting you.

Absolutely it was - thanks so much for coming by. I see your name here and recognize it, some reason on the tag I wasn't connecting - lol, sorry, but so glad we could meet up at Quakecon.

I sat in the corner quietly over the last few months watching Frank transform into this beast of a machine. A nerd's dream. My dream. I've been in awe not knowing what to say.

At first I was;
Amazing%21.jpg

And then I was;
epic%20smile.jpg

But later I was;
3d-awesome-faces-smiley-crashing-lehdari-hd.jpg

And then I saw the beast won 1st prize at QuakeCon and I was;
exploding-head-by-keith-haring1_zps58aae81c.png

Congrats on a job well done!! Time to plan the 2014 transformation. :D:D:D

Thanks to all that have followed and supported my build logs. I sincerely appreciate your participation.

LMAO Wra18th - u know me - already making plans :D

I have the Cody build and the Mrs Stein build to do first.

The Cody Build can be followed here on H at this Link: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1767460&page=2

Will create one when I do the Mrs Stein Build as well, this is the plan:
554076_497538763667508_1309623262_n.jpg

Playing withy my Mod/Smart pre-wired LED's, trying out White and UV to see how they work. Also some pics of the goodies I won at Quakecon.

pyp.png

4e9u.png

i5f4.png

0qzl.png

rwt0.png

cfn6.png

zx6.png

uotl.png

isdt.png

rf7c.png

78j.png

mn3p.png

yknh.png

s98x.png

wk2m.png

jw8b.png

jr9f.png

ol1l.png

oecv.png

ls3z.png

wd3n.png

sx3h.png

wp3d.png

89gk.png

fafs.png

h2vc.png

rqwj.png

eo0q.png

qdjt.png

py8z.png

gyh4.png

ue35.png

9xe.png

lrkd.png

qjb2.png

ll7u.png

5g33.png

k3bt.png

to8q.png

kdkf.png

t05k.png

akvr.png

y92e.png

r0ov.png

Damn, that's some nice prizes you have there. I'm just a tiny bit (actually a lot) jealous.:D

what you need to do now once frank is complete is add in a water cooled xbox and playstation 3 kind of like your very own custom Big O pc from origin

Damn, that's some nice prizes you have there. I'm just a tiny bit (actually a lot) jealous.:D
Yeah it was a ton of fun, also picked up $500 from CPU Magazine and a new sponsor "Cooler Master"

what you need to do now once frank is complete is add in a water cooled xbox and playstation 3 kind of like your very own custom Big O pc from origin
Haha, good idea, but too many builds ahead to do that, may one day though if I ever really make that cross over to console gaming

That Psu is sweet. I've got the storm trigger with the mx blacks and love it.

Congrats on the win and don't ever make the switch to console gaming.

Congratulations! It's great to see Frank in the spotlight. I know you're a proud Papa.

To a job well done!

Cheers!

Back