Frank's 2013 upgrade.......

just the work alone in watercooling and design is impressive

I feel like crying.....

Its OK Wra18th, we will not be done that quick, no need to cry. I still have tons of clean up - just now I have my direction and plan in the head, to also include how I plan on routing cables etc - at least up top, I have the "Vision" lol.

just the work alone in watercooling and design is impressive
TY, yeah there are a ton of connections. I just redesigned the loop as you saw - there are over 100 connections to be made in this new loop. OK, literally sitting at 103 quantity as I identified all the items that I would need for this loop in terms of connectors.

Check this list out:
fittingslist.png

I have never noticed anyone else use the word woot till now. It's Is always funny explaining it to someone.
"Your Signature!"
Currently upgrading my TRS-80.......from 8k to 16k - wooooooooooooot! SCORE!
So what if I have a 5.25 Perpendicular floppy - its bigger than yours

Frank N Stein YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FrankNSteinPC?feature=mhee

I have never noticed anyone else use the word woot till now. It's Is always funny explaining it to someone.
"Your Signature!"
Currently upgrading my TRS-80.......from 8k to 16k - wooooooooooooot! SCORE!
So what if I have a 5.25 Perpendicular floppy - its bigger than yours

Frank N Stein YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FrankNSteinPC?feature=mhee

LMAO - all this in the post and your noticing my "Wooooooot!" lmao- OMG I died laughing when I read that - yeah, how do you explain an emotional response like "Woot"? I always figured someone would ask either wtf is a perpendicular floppy, or something, but never in a million years did I ever expect someone to find "Woot" as a topic for comment - that is way too funny. :D

Had some company coming over, so the office got a quick clean up and figured it was a good time to take some pics. Funny thing is I was so worried I was going to clean up and lose something, it always happens in the middle of a build, so I try never to clean up until I am done, that way I know where I put everything. Low and behold, I get it all cleaned up and then grab the panels to put on Frank, there was a bag of about 60 blakc thumb screws I had sitting next to the panels, I somehow picked up and put somewhere. I made a bigger mess trying to find them then I had cleaned up - those little @#$%^ are no where to be found now. I have looked everywhere, because I tried to keep 99% of what I moved in one spot in the extra bedroom, not one loose one is even rolling around that area, so the thumb screw bandidts hit. Anyway - here are the pics of the office as it stands at the moment.

20130507001.png

20130507002.png

20130507003.png

20130507004.png

20130507005.png

20130507006.png

20130507007.png

20130507008.png

I look at Frank's 'upgrade' and quietly think to myself...."Someday I will have something similar...someday..."

I tip my virtual hat to you for the patience, attention to detail, color coordination and many other aspects of Frank's re-build. This is one heck of a beautiful build.

I do have a question...would you be able - if you have time - to measure the distance from the top of the motherboard tray to the underside of the clear plexi panel? I'm working on designing my own custom case based on the dimensions of the Mozart TX chassis with the motherboard tray on top instead of the normal ATX tower configuration. I'd greatly appreciate the effort. :)

top of the motherboard tray to the underside of the clear plexi panel
OK so to be clear you want from the top of the MB tray, the distance between that and the underside of the plexi on the top of the case?

That is a sick setup and I love all the carbon fiber wrap you did on the desk and the red railings.

mother of god its beautiful

Thanks nate :D Still much to do, got some goodies in the mail yesterday. So this coming weekend will be lots of fun.

That is a sick setup and I love all the carbon fiber wrap you did on the desk and the red railings.

Thanks, lots of CF went into this build, but I hope it wasn't over done. Now had it been in a regular Full tower it would have been way too much, but I think this Mountain Mods beast absorbed it pretty well.

I am finally getting all the goodies in to make the next run at finishing up Frank. Just wish I had picked up some of that E22 clear tubing.......need to get some crystal tube connectors first by Bitspower, then off to PPCS for some of that yummy stuff E22 puts out. Really would like to do my radiator jumpers below with that stuff instead of my Primochill LRT tubing, as much as I love that stuff, the hard lined clear tube would make it a cleaner look below. I think. Speaking of Primochill goodness, you all have to check out the goodies going into Frank this weekend. I cannot wait to not only do some unboxing videos on YouTube, but also still shots of this stuff. I took some images yesterday to start this off, so here are a few below - enjoy:

20130507009.png

20130507010.png

201305070101.png

201305070102.png

20130507011.png

20130507012.png

20130507013.png

20130507014.png

20130507015.png

20130507016.png

20130507017.png

20130507018.png

20130507019.png

20130507020.png

20130507021.png

20130507022.png

20130507023.png

20130507024.png

20130507025.png

20130507026.png

OK Frank is back up and running with 1,400+mm of reservoirs, 4x D5 pumps, and running very cool. Will be back with pics.

I have been following Frank and your threads for awhile now - and something just keep bringing me back but I can't figure out what it is ... oo wait it's because this build is amazing and just keeps on getting better and better. Congrats on the sponsorship too btw =)

I have been following Frank and your threads for awhile now - and something just keep bringing me back but I can't figure out what it is ... oo wait it's because this build is amazing and just keeps on getting better and better. Congrats on the sponsorship too btw =)

Thank you very much - please keep coming back, lots more to do - next up sleeving.......

Got the loop reconfigured this weekend. I was able to drop in the Primochill CTR reservoirs and the Primochill Blood Red Coolant (Frank took 6 bottles, he was a thirsty boy). I took lots of pics, did some videos, but have not had time yet to do much with them. I was able to get these pics done, but no comments in between, so works out well for the picture viewers :p - I'll be back with more written content, but for now, enjoy the pics.......... there is now a 400mm Primochill CTR reservoir in top, added another Bitspower Dual Mod Top below with dual D5 pumps and a 250mm reservoir on top of that, plus two more Primochill 240mm Reservoirs below. This loop is doing very well as you can see from the temps below I posted. If you look, one is during the MAX HEAT test using Prime95, the other is idle - and keep in mind, this is at 4.6GHz daily running as a 6-core CPU.

maxheatstress.png

notstressing.png

201305120001.png

201305120002.png

201305120003.png

201305120004.png

201305120005.png

201305120006.png

201305120007.png

201305120008.png

201305120009.png

201305120010.png

201305120011.png

201305120012.png

201305120013.png

201305120014.png

201305120015.png

201305120016.png

201305120017.png

201305120018.png

201305120019.png

201305120020.png

201305120021.png

201305120022.png

201305120023.png

Frank is no longer a case mod/build.... Frank is a story, and it's an awesome one! Looking forward to the next chapter. :)

Women have their romance novels... we have the [H]ard|Forums

Frank is no longer a case mod/build.... Frank is a story, and it's an awesome one! Looking forward to the next chapter. :)

Women have their romance novels... we have the [H]ard|Forums

LMAO well nice analogy there, if that is the case, then we are 1/2 way through this series. Still much to do with wiring, but at least I have finally solidified the loop. Now I need to get the 5.25" bays arranged and wired up so I can see these temps, the flow rates, control the pumps, etc.........

looks great!

we need video :D
If you were on my FB page you would have your video :D I uploaded many while doing the loops this weekend.

Much more to do, on to the cabling...............

Here are some pics I took of the reservoirs and other Primochill items that went into Frank this weekend. I have yet to drop the grills on, that is another mega task as well. However I have some pics below to show all the Primochill goodness.

201305130001.png

201305130002.png

201305130003.png

201305130004.png

201305130005.png

201305130006.png

201305130007.png

201305130008.png

201305130009.png

201305130010.png

201305130011.png

201305130012.png

i see you are in dallas. i'm originally from plano. any chance you could bring this rig to quakecon at the hilton anatole aug. 1-4? :cool:

i see you are in dallas. i'm originally from plano. any chance you could bring this rig to quakecon at the hilton anatole aug. 1-4? :cool:

Expect it - I plan on being there as well as hopefully AUS10 may also come along. However, you can plan on Frank N SteinPC being at that event, I hope to be there early Friday morning because I need a good corner seat with plenty of plug ins lol. I only plan on bringing Frank, the keyboard, mouse, chair, and the 27" monitor, the rest stays. OK, maybe the buttkicker to...the thing that worries me is transporting this beast. Thankfully the MB is horizontal, so all that should be good, I don't think I would need to drain him, but would be worried to transport him full too - so its a dilemma I will need to overcome. The other thing is I may have to rent a van, I do not want to put this beast in the back of a pickup truck and I cannot fit him in my car.

That is the goal though is to have Frank fully finished and beautiful by Quakecon. I am in the other corner btw from Plano, if you consider Plano, Richardson, and Garland three of the four corners of a square - Frank and I sit in the other corner in the Wylie/Sachse/Murphy area.

cool, i know the area you are referring to. i grew up there, fished at lavon, dated a girl from wylie, etc. see you at QC! if you didn't reserve a seat, you may be relegated to "the line." it was horrible last year. i was able to get a select-a-seat and will be somewhere in the middle. i'll be in touch closer to the event. would love to see this machine in action.

cool, i know the area you are referring to. i grew up there, fished at lavon, dated a girl from wylie, etc. see you at QC! if you didn't reserve a seat, you may be relegated to "the line." it was horrible last year. i was able to get a select-a-seat and will be somewhere in the middle. i'll be in touch closer to the event. would love to see this machine in action.

Shit, I wish I had known about all those pre-registration options, that sucks, I would have bought the pre-seating assignment and the swag packs - how can they be sold out on all of them already? That's nuts. I am registered now though at least.

Last edited:
select-a-seat sold out quickly this year. just a word of advice - lots of people arrive on thursday and wait in line through the night. the earlier you get there on friday the better. be prepared to wait in line. check out http://www.qconforums.org, which is a very active community for the event.

select-a-seat sold out quickly this year. just a word of advice - lots of people arrive on thursday and wait in line through the night. the earlier you get there on friday the better. be prepared to wait in line. check out http://www.qconforums.org, which is a very active community for the event.

Congratulations, you have successfully registered as an attendee for QuakeCon 2013! This e-mail confirmation serves as your receipt and ticket to the event.

SUCCESS! I have reserved a seat! They opened it up this morning for more seat sales, so I purchased one of the only two left for the $30 seat pack, sucks I wanted the $80 one. B52-22 is the seat, trying to get the one next to me reserved for AUS10 now........

Last edited:
SUCCESS! I have reserved a seat! They opened it up this morning for more seat sales, so I purchased one of the only two left for the $30 seat pack, sucks I wanted the $80 one. B52-22 is the seat, trying to get the one next to me reserved for AUS10 now........

wow, i'm B54-18. very close! you'll still wait in line, just not as long. there is a casemod contest that you should enter. i'm sure you'll win one of the categories :) see you soon.

wow, i'm B54-18. very close! you'll still wait in line, just not as long. there is a casemod contest that you should enter. i'm sure you'll win one of the categories :) see you soon.

Does that too require a pre-registration because Frank isn't ready atm, we still need to do some final hardware touches, then cable sleeving and sewing (my forte`) . I hope to be done within the next month and a half. :eek:

Just got some of the Lutro0 Customs Imperial Red Coreless _Paracord - OMG this stuff is freaking awesome. I love the color, the tint matches Frank well. I swear Mike snuck in my house, grabbed a color swatch off Frank and said "I'm gonna get you some sexy coreless paracord to match" - it really is worth writing about. wait till you see it sleeved......

You better post some pics of Frank in the wild!!! I want to see him kick ass!

On another topic, I think I will be trying to do some sleeving with Lutro0's paracord. Mine will be extensions since all of my PSUs are PCP&C non modulars.

Does that too require a pre-registration because Frank isn't ready atm, we still need to do some final hardware touches, then cable sleeving and sewing (my forte`) . I hope to be done within the next month and a half. :eek:

i think you can register at the event. the folks on qconforums will know though, so you may want to clarify there. i just go to drink large amounts of alcohol and play TF2 with the rest of our gaming group :)

Sir! I will give u a handshake and a gold medal for your work. The attention to detail is unbelievable. Hats off to you.

i think you can register at the event. the folks on qconforums will know though, so you may want to clarify there. i just go to drink large amounts of alcohol and play TF2 with the rest of our gaming group :)
Ahh, I am already excited knowing there will be copious amounts of spirits available :D Win or not, its still a win :D

Sir! I will give u a handshake and a gold medal for your work. The attention to detail is unbelievable. Hats off to you.

ty for the kind words, please keep checking back, the OCD is seriously about to kick in..........

Got some more Lutro0 Customs Coreless Paracord in the mail yesterday, took some pics this morning and wanted to share with you some of the beauty of this coreless paracord that will be going into Frank. This Imperial Red is awesome, I love it.

Coreless Paracord Black: http://lutro0-customs.com/products/coreless-paracord-black-25ft

Coreless Paracord Charcoal: http://lutro0-customs.com/products/coreless-paracord-charcoal-25ft

Coreless Paracord Imperial Red: http://lutro0-customs.com/products/copy-of-coreless-paracord-impirial-red-25ft

201305170001.png

201305170002.png

201305170003.png

You better post some pics of Frank in the wild!!! I want to see him kick ass!

On another topic, I think I will be trying to do some sleeving with Lutro0's paracord. Mine will be extensions since all of my PSUs are PCP&C non modulars.

I don't know how I missed your post Wra18th - lmao - yeah count on that as well, Frank will be getting his public pictures taken at the event and I will post them here. :D

Back