France Wages War Against US Tech Companies

This is the french attitude. We don't really do shit, and we whine and complain so you can't either.

France (and for the most part, Europe): A nice place to visit, but I really wouldn't like to live there.

Steve, seriously that is not even an article you linked to. More like a rant of some random guy on the internet trying to generate page views with a made up controversy.

I know that articles along the lines "OMG EU hates successful US tech companies" will generate a lot of knee jerk comments and page views but IMO stuff like this cheapens the front page and it's in stark contrast with the high quality of articles and reviews that Hardocp produces.

There are certainly commercial issues between the US and the EU, and i think some more comprehensive sources would be more appropriate

for example:
http://www.economist.com/news/leade...ecting-companies-not-consumers-should-digital

Just my 2 cents

Do we really want to start hating on the French? It seems we're not complete unless we hate something that's slightly different than us. Even if it's true that the French want to wage war against US tech companies, can you blame them? With all the NSA crap especially. And yet it's standard for Europeans to get 2 year warranty on their products. We American's only require 1 year. Why?

Meanwhile everyone's shit is made in China and outsourced tech work. We're going to "wage war" against France? Their tech companies are just as fucked as ours when it comes to who they hire. Meanwhile they claim there's not enough tech workers but a guy named Geohot from Jersey was able to hack Sony's unhackable PS3. So many tech workers in US and Europe that they have nothing better to do than to hack everything, cause nobody is hiring them.

But hey guys don't get angry at companies cause it's those damn dirty Frenchies fault. So start renaming your French toast and French fries to FREEDOM Fries and FREEDOM Toast cause we have nothing better to do with our free time and we're such tools.

Do we really want to start hating on the French? It seems we're not complete unless we hate something that's slightly different than us. Even if it's true that the French want to wage war against US tech companies, can you blame them? With all the NSA crap especially. And yet it's standard for Europeans to get 2 year warranty on their products. We American's only require 1 year. Why?

Meanwhile everyone's shit is made in China and outsourced tech work. We're going to "wage war" against France? Their tech companies are just as fucked as ours when it comes to who they hire. Meanwhile they claim there's not enough tech workers but a guy named Geohot from Jersey was able to hack Sony's unhackable PS3. So many tech workers in US and Europe that they have nothing better to do than to hack everything, cause nobody is hiring them.

But hey guys don't get angry at companies cause it's those damn dirty Frenchies fault. So start renaming your French toast and French fries to FREEDOM Fries and FREEDOM Toast cause we have nothing better to do with our free time and we're such tools.

Are you French?

Netflix, which began its foray into Europe in Scandinavia, has been labeled by the French consumer association as "malicious" due to a number of "illegal clauses" it includes in its user agreement. Among these were changing terms without alerting customers and writing all clauses in English only.

...ok so, sensational writing aside, what's wrong with this exactly?

If the clauses are not in line with local laws and in a language foreign to the consumers, something needs re-written for that market obviously.

France needs to wake up to the reality of the world we live in and simply be happy that we are both more or less on the same side in relation to China. It's not as if France or even the European Union as a whole has any chance of standing up to China on it's own in the coming years. They don't like US Internet Companies coming into Europe? What do they think it will be like when China is #1 and they take their veil off and stop playing nice? It will be everything they hate about US companies, only worse, and China won't give a shit.

Steve, seriously that is not even an article you linked to. More like a rant of some random guy on the internet trying to generate page views with a made up controversy.

I know that articles along the lines "OMG EU hates successful US tech companies" will generate a lot of knee jerk comments and page views but IMO stuff like this cheapens the front page and it's in stark contrast with the high quality of articles and reviews that Hardocp produces.

There are certainly commercial issues between the US and the EU, and i think some more comprehensive sources would be more appropriate

for example:
http://www.economist.com/news/leade...ecting-companies-not-consumers-should-digital

Just my 2 cents

Hey now. Give him a break. Steve thinks Kotaku is a legitimate news source too.

hiKVziV.jpg

all the NSA crap especially. And yet it's standard for Europeans to get 2 year warranty on their products. We American's only require 1 year. Why?

I don't believe there is any law in the USA that requires a 1 year warranty. Apple could offer a 90 warranty on the iPhone in the USA and not be violating any laws here in the USA.

The EU not only requires longer warranties, but they also require all phones to be charged via micro USB so Apple includes an adapter.

U.S.A. people are so self-centered and high-and-mighty... Pathetic, really.

I believe the colloquialism here is "Haters gonna hate."

Not like it happens to be our fault every little shit-stain third-world hellhole can't get their act together and climb out of the stone age.

And then there's the institutionalized laziness of France...

I honestly don't understand people. France tends to be one of the most consumer supportive countries, and we rip on it.

France: "We don't like Netflix because they do things such as change contract terms without informing customers. We also think they need to guarantee a specific quality to it's customers. Companies need to be held accountable to their customers."

Us: "FU France! Did you surrender yet? USA! USA! USA!"

The article is click bait. The only France related issue is them charging Google €1,000 for every Right to be forgotten request that goes ignored. Though that's still mostly a European issue and a very controversial one at that. Seriously Europeans doesn't that sound sketchy? Though there's no such things as a right to be forgotten on the internet because there's always going to be a neck beard who will remember and have a copy of the link. All it takes is someone to post it on Facebook and it won't be forgotten. Only politicians and criminals can make good use of this sorta thing, and neither of which should have the right to be forgotten. Even then, another search engine will remember, and you really can't go around requesting the right to be forgotten. As to why they charge €1,000, probably because Google has more money than God.

But why attack the French in the article? Cause for some reason the writer knows that Americans hate French people. We don't know why we hate them but we do. It's not Soccer here (AKA Football). We hate the sport because. Meanwhile Germany practically owns Europe and we're Ok with that. Their loan to Greece has interest rates that are killing them, and part of the cause of their debt is the sale of Submarines. Also Greece had super corrupt politicians to even allow the deal to go through with Germany to begin with.

But yea the French are the worst with their love for Cheese and Wine. Bastards...

This story makes no sense at all imo. Has anyone explained to the French government that they don't control the internet beyond their own borders? How were they planning to handle the world's other search engines, fine all of them?

U.S.A. people are so self-centered and high-and-mighty... Pathetic, really.

Says the guy from a nation backing bullshit like "be forgotten, it's a right!" and trying to out Google as a monopoly for simply beating their competitors on search quality. We Americans don't act high and mighty, we simply get called it by jealous countries who wish they could be half the nation we are, even though we send money and aid by the billions of dollars to them and get berated + treated like crap anyway.

Says the guy from a nation backing bullshit like "be forgotten, it's a right!" and trying to out Google as a monopoly for simply beating their competitors on search quality. We Americans don't act high and mighty, we simply get called it by jealous countries who wish they could be half the nation we are, even though we send money and aid by the billions of dollars to them and get berated + treated like crap anyway.

Could be worse. Europe could be dependent on Russia or China, you know those super power countries full of human rights and equality for all.

Could be worse. Europe could be dependent on Russia or China, you know those super power countries full of human rights and equality for all.

Yeah, th Europeans want that it sounds like, too.... Well it'll happen if they keep fighting us. Guess they'll really see what tyranny and inequality, brutal dictatorship and suppression is if they succeed. Idiots :(.

Without the USA there would be no Internet. We invented it. The dumbest thing we can do now is give up control of it. Oh, we're doing that as well.

Well they depend on Germany and stole how much money from the Russians that had money in Greek banks?

Don't they have like a 2 week work year over there?
Sometimes I almost want to live there....
Mostly for the fresh baguettes and plentiful wine.

Is that the number of ps4 consoles you scammed Walmart out of at ninety bucks fraudulently?

Dude don't remind me. I missed out on those cheap PS4's. I could Ebaying them for a hell of a profit right now.

Oh... You meant that as a bad thing didn't you? :D

Back