France Giving Video Game Tax Credits

HardOCP News

[H] News
France is going to start offering tax credits to companies that make video games. That’s a great idea, now if only we could get that to happen over here.

Parliament has approved a measure that will offer tax credits to producers of video games "with a cultural dimension" to finance 20 percent of a company's production costs to a maximum of 3 million euros ($3.91 million) a year, the ministry said in a statement.

cultural dimension? So you only get the kash if you make a game about wine, cheese and Eiffel?

cultural dimension? So you only get the kash if you make a game about wine, cheese and Eiffel?

Something like Canadian laws requiring radio stations to give Canadian artists preferential treatment....whatever that means.

LOL... i actually want to play one of those French culture games..

I like wine, cheese, and NOTHING beats setting all of the cars in the neighborhood on fire!!

I hope the first game is called raging rioters!!!!

LOL... i actually want to play one of those French culture games..

I like wine, cheese, and NOTHING beats setting all of the cars in the neighborhood on fire!!

I hope the first game is called raging rioters!!!!

Its gonna be a soccer game then?

The game will be that you run away from your enimies, you don't shoot, you riot by throwing wine bottles and blocks of cheese at police, and you torch exotic cars.

Back