Fractal Meshify C (TG+airflow)

I think I like this better than the Define C TG - I wonder if they will make an mATX version....

This guy says the radiator space is much tighter than the Define C and he thinks the glass is too dark (it looks pretty dark).

yeah it is a bit dark, paul mentioned it in his video too. you can fit all sorts of rads in that thing, don't know whats tight about it, get a bigger case if you want the absolute biggest rads.
and I didn't watch that vid, cant stand that guy...

Science studio said he didn't know if the radiator would interfere with the top of the motherboard, it looks to be setup just like the other fractal design cases where the radiator, or fans are offset from the motherboard. I have the define S , and the case is wide enough that I don't see any issues with the rads interfering with the MB heatsink, or 8 pin.

GN take a look and give some numbers. cools pretty damn good with a couple decent fans.

I just ordered one of these the other day to replace my Phanteks P400.

Yeah, definitely curious to see opinions. I was originally going for the P400S TG, then wavered between the S340 elite, Meshify, and Enthoo Pro M SE, and now I *think* I've settled on the S340 elite, but I still have doubts. I want something that can take an ATX board but still be smaller than my Corsair r400.

I've had both the S340 (non-elite) and the P400, and I liked the P400 better. I picked the Meshify because it was smaller. The shortest case I've seen for full ATX is the Lian Li A05 (and A04 before that). They are on sale right now with 35% off so you can get the silver one for $70 shipped or so.

I bought the Enthoo Pro M SE but ended up getting the Luxe as the 360 radiator I bought didn't end up fitting in the top as I wanted to keep the optical cage. It's a great case; very roomy and nice looking but I am happy I switched to the Luxe.

I've had both the S340 (non-elite) and the P400, and I liked the P400 better. I picked the Meshify because it was smaller. The shortest case I've seen for full ATX is the Lian Li A05 (and A04 before that). They are on sale right now with 35% off so you can get the silver one for $70 shipped or so.

I have the AO5 (or at least it's skeleton) sitting in my storage room, it was a pain in the ass to keep cool, though the size was nice.

I was all for the P400 but I hear that airflow is a major issue due to the 2 small front vents. I'm air cooling though (Mugen 5), and won't have a radiator blocking my intake.

I also have to be honest, the color (white S340 elite) and the simplicity of the exterior is definitely checking my boxes right now.

Maybe this will be the much needed push back against this inexplicable trend of blocking off the front fans save for a little crack around the edges.

If I wasn't slowly warming up to my V21, I'd be looking at this case but after modding my GPU with the Accelero Xtreme III, I prefer a horizontal motherboard to avoid GPU sag...

reading everything on this page, and looking at a good chunk of the review on this video, i expected the case to be a bit more expensive than that. Awesome case, thanks for the heads up!

Ok...I just built in the Meshify C TG. Here are some thoughts:

My first Tempered Glass case. It's definitely less deep than every other case I've used. That's good in that there isn't wasted space up front. Probably only 4 inches or so from the end of a full size ATX board to the front. That being said, might be a little tight if you're using a 240mm or larger AIO, especially with push/pull fans and a large video card. I'm not even sure a radiator and one fan would fit between the front and the back of my video card (EVGA 1070 FTW2). I ditched the powerlink as it would have gotten too close to the fan after plugging in the power connector. If you have rear mounted PCIe power connectors on your big video card, you'd have trouble fitting in a radiator and fans.

Side SATA ports are right up against the grommet for wires coming from the rear. The whole board sits in a slight depression (maybe 1/2"), so it can make hooking up numerous SATA cables difficult. Only two small openings above the PSU for wiring on the bottom of the case. My old board had a molex power connector on the bottom (Gigabyte X99 Phoenix SLI)...wouldn't have worked with this case. Short cards that require connectors (power or otherwise) very likely will have to be routed to the grommet near the SATA connections instead of from the bottom. I have a USB3 card and was hoping to hide the wires from the bottom...not going to happen.

Big cut out for mounting a cooler bracket on the rear of the motherboard. Shouldn't have to take out the board to mount a cooler. Right behind the cut out is where you mount 2.5" drives on a slide out tray. It turns out, I mounted mine in the 3.5" tray as I only had 1 3.5" drive. The bracket holds 3x2.5" drives. The 3.5" trays can hold 2 more drives of any size. It looks like you can move the 3.5" trays around a little bit or mount a 3rd drive on top of the PSU cage. Not really the kind of case you buy if you're looking for a lot of 3.5" drives.

Lighting on the case is very subdued. Dull blue LED power light behind the front mesh grill. The mesh grill doesn't look good (IMO). It looks like someone threw tools at a flat piece of mesh and they mounted the result. No rhyme or reason to the pattern.

I just used the stock fans (3 pin). Seems to be enough airflow. I have my Xeon X5660 at 4.6Ghz so it doesn't really seem like the cooling is holding me back in the case ;). I think I reached the limit of the chip before the limit of the case cooling. Plenty of mounting for fans...I think the manual said room for 7 fans. Impressive for the size.

I like the size. Maybe 85% of what the P400 or S340 are. Just slightly larger than the Corsair mATX Obsidian 350D if at all.

Overall, I'd buy it again. I've yet to find a perfect case. I'd give it 8.5/10. If they made a flat snap on grill instead of the "artsy" one, I'd trade it out for sure.

Yeah the glass is way too dark you won't be able to see much with everything unless it's RGB.
I might get the Define C TG instead even though the Mesh is kinda functional I think the regular Define C looks better.

I got this case too and it seems like the front mesh restricts airflow compared to the other fractal cases with the regular filters. Any opinions on this?

I got this case too and it seems like the front mesh restricts airflow compared to the other fractal cases with the regular filters. Any opinions on this?

I’ve got Define C and if you think that meshify restricts air, then mine has no air at all lol. You’re definitely doing better than r5 or Define C. Despite the amazing layout and building convenience, Define C is a bummer in regards to gpu temps with aib cooler. My 1080 ftw2 heats up to 80-82ish easily in games like witcher 3 during summer and 78F / 26C ambients.

Have to say that I really love the Meshify C - perfect blend of size, aesthetics, airflow, and space/cable management.

Im currently using this case, its alright. I like the size, more room on my desk. Taking the front panel off is a pain in the ass. Mine had some major quality control issues out of the box.

My Hard Drive cage was bent, the paint on the interior was unfinished & two of the brass motherboard standoff supplied had were stripped and had to be re-threaded. Also, the Tempered Glass side panel doesn't align properly with the rubber mounting grommets. All of this I can deal with & I didn't want to go to the hassle of an RMA with Newegg but its still annoying. I got it on sale for $75. You get what you pay for.

Also, if you're thinking about buying this case and are using a Noctua NH-15 and you have tall RAM Heatsinks, you won't be able to close the Glass side panel in a two fan configuration push push do to the fan being too tall. If the case had about half an inch more depth it would have worked. Be warned.

Cable management is so so.

Last edited:
Back