Fractal Design - When in the US?

Haha thats like when i ordered from newegg. My gpu came out of the east, the psu came from the west.

The psu took 15 days to get to me... gpu 7... ordered the same day/order

Don't tell me that!!!! :) I want my case now!!! I have all the parts here but nothing to put them in :-(

I'm going to get this case as soon as Newegg stocks them, or another US retailer, I'm pretty much done with my dust trap.

Sent an email to Fractal, maybe I will get a rough time of US landing.

I'm lucky ++++ is my city, I just drove over and picked up mine. We get taxed regardless of where you buy things it seems, so that wasn't a factor.

This thing is quiet though, that thick sound dampening foam they use must work. The noise difference with the side panel on and off is actually better then my Antec Solo/Sonta Plus, which was also known as a low noise case (with some damping). The panels though I think are less thick themselves, as they do flex more however, or it may be due to the slightly larger dimensions.

GPU temp was 2C higher in furmark with the panel on(both fans at 75%) versus off. I'm thinking about adding 2 more low noise 120mms though. So I'll have both front intakes and either the bottom or side.

I have good news from Fractal design, they did not give me a specific date, but not only did they respond to my email quickly, they told me that in the next few days Newegg will have Fractal cases.

Ditto. Every now and then I'll go over to [that Canadian place] and throw one in the cart only to abandon it after I see the ~$50 shipping charge. I just can't deal with that :)

Idea: Send him another e-mail asking if they could set up an account here. It's always helpful having company reps around to field questions and take feedback.

Ditto. Every now and then I'll go over to [that Canadian place] and throw one in the cart only to abandon it after I see the ~$50 shipping charge. I just can't deal with that :)
Now you know what it feels like :p.

Yeah I wish newegg would get them. I just got an email from ++++ saying that the R3 I ordered is out of stock and it will be like 15 days till they get some in :-(

That R3 is a very interesting case. It might be a perfect replacement for my Antec 900 that I have my media/light gaming machine in. The 900 is too ugly/loud to blend in with A/V equipment but I think an R3 could look pretty nice in the living room and hopefully be quiet enough that I don't notice it running. I'll probably get one once Newegg carries them.

I have good news from Fractal design, they did not give me a specific date, but not only did they respond to my email quickly, they told me that in the next few days Newegg will have Fractal cases.

I really hope this is the case. I've emailed them twice with no response. I just hope that they carry the Define Xl and not just the R3.

Nice. Must have been entered into the system later this afternoon, since I checked at around noon or so and there was nothing. Hopefully I don't have too much trouble getting this U2-UFO to a good home.

So they have a listing for the R3 and XL but you can not but it? Newegg that is...

Unfortunately there's no listing yet for the Arc Midi. Only various color versions of the Define R3 and XL. None of the smaller cases have shown up yet.

The reason for that is simple - they are not on sale yet. Fractal is unfortunately acting a little bit like Arctic Cooling - let's announce the product and 3-6 months later we will maybe start selling them.

Newegg is funny. When I called them the other day the guy said not for at least another 2-3 weeks. I called them today and was told Monday they will be available. I don't think they have any clue when they will be on sale...

The fans in the Fractal R3, are they really that quiet? I am a silence freak and build my system for silence. The fan of choice for me is the scythe sflex at 800 RPM. Its dead silent yet pushed 30 CFM. Are the fractal fans audible?

From one of the online reviews I watched, the guy powered the case fans up, I thought it was still off, cause I didn't hear anything, now that could be the case silencing, or the fans, either way I didn't hear anything audible.

From one of the online reviews I watched, the guy powered the case fans up, I thought it was still off, cause I didn't hear anything, now that could be the case silencing, or the fans, either way I didn't hear anything audible.

From what I've read, it is the case silencing. With that said, I am trying to decide if I should replace the fans that come with the case for something else. Can't wait for this case to come on newegg >_<

From what I've read, it is the case silencing. With that said, I am trying to decide if I should replace the fans that come with the case for something else. Can't wait for this case to come on newegg >_<
Yes you should, they are ok, but not great. In 120mm the scythe Gentle Typhoon are great for this case, and in 140mm XIGMATEK eXTREME SILENT are good options.

I think we might be waiting a while for these cases to show up at the newegg. I know ++++ gets some in stock on the 15th of march. Maybe that's the same supply that newegg will be getting...

Last edited:
Post some pictures when your done if you can. I'm very curious how it works out for you. I get mine sometime next week. I would be using 1 sata cable, 1 24 pin cable and one 8 pin and 2 pci express 6 pin ones for my 6870 video card. And I am hoping I can route that threw the one hole..

Finally got around to redo it a bit more. So here it is (also in rate my cables). Keep in mind I have 2x3x4 pins and another 3xsata cable compared to what you will be using.

12146682.jpg

I had that same heatsink. It just didn't match the rest of the black inside. So I bought a Thermalright 120 Extreme all black. I think you have the same memory as well, Gskill Ripsaws....

They've begun adding images for some of the cases, which means they've received at least some stock. Hopefully some of the models will be activated today, but if not, I imagine by Friday they could start accepting orders.

Also saw the images today...but you beat me to the post. :)

Nice to see a US retailer, but I am still waiting for the Arc Midi. From what I have read, I'll be waiting for awhile...probably until late April at least. I must say that I am disappointed that pre-production models were not shipped to noted reviewers in time to have reviews out now. Hopefully, reviewers will soon receive stock (if they have not already) so we don't have to be faced with the choice of jumping early or missing out and needing to wait for resupply.

I called newegg. They said look for them to be on sale by the end of the week....so say thursday or friday is my guess....I just hope they don't jack up the price too much....$120 would be perfect..

Don't really see what this case has on the PC-9F....

Hum 10kg; is this thing aluminum or steel ?

Sound dampening, more cooling options if needed.

Relatively thin steel + lots of dampening, which makes the side panels one of the heavier side panels (easily beats PC-V1110A side panel weight, which has 2mm aluminum side panel).

Well it is a nice looking case; and i like that they have both usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 on the front (vaguely I think the 9f only has usb 3.0 in front); but I also prefer quality aluminum over steel for ease of moving.

Thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT: Man, so used to Amazon Prime. Why do I have to pay $17 for three day shipping!? Oh, because this isn't Amazon :)

Wow, that is a lot cheaper than expected, so they are the same decimal value as what the UK sellers have them for, bargain!!!

Back