Fractal Design Node 304 (ITX) - $80 at NCIX US

jamaicanpi

Limp Gawd
Deal is back on.

at the U.S. site for NCIX, for today only you can pick up Fractal Design's Node 304 for $80 and free shipping.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=75056&promoid=1033

The Node 304 is one of the few ITX cases that allows for a full size heatsink and an ATX PSU. It is also compatible with 2 slot graphics cards up to 310mm in length. It's dimensions are 250 x 210 x 374 mm (19.5L)

Link to Node 304 specifications

Last edited:
I have been drooling over this case. Want to migrate my server into it.

I like this case, but how does one put a DVD or Blu-Ray drive in this?

I like the look of Fractal Design's Array R2 more than this thing (although it was considerably more pricey), but the Array R2 suddenly disappeared from every retailer.

Worse yet, it was on sale at Microcenter for 60% of what it usually goes for but I was on a business trip at the time and was quite busy and decided to wait until I got home. When I got back it was sold out and never came back in stock. :(

I Believe this replaced the array r2.. It does have some advantages & alot more market love since it takes a regular PSU & a full sized 2 slot video card.. For a home server the array r2 was probably the better unit though.

I Believe this replaced the array r2.. It does have some advantages & alot more market love since it takes a regular PSU & a full sized 2 slot video card.. For a home server the array r2 was probably the better unit though.

That is exactly what I was going to use it for. :( Oh well, it's not like the Node 304 is a bad home server case, and it's certainly cheaper (even with the added PSU cost and that EOL sale on the Array).

What did the Array r2 use to sell for, or what is it worth today? Have one sitting around doing nothing at warehouse I help out at. Might be able to get it for someone if needed.

The Array sold for $190 new, was dropped to $120 when it was discontinued.

I have one that I am using for my server setup, the Node 304 seems like a great successor. Probably easier to build/maintain since it uses multiple drive cages. Looks great too, though I do slightly prefer the clean lines of the Array.

Back