Fractal Design Meshify C Black for $59.99 + $5.99 shipping @ Newegg

Fantastic case. Loved building in it.

one note - it’s a shallow case so make sure your gpu will fit before buying.

This case is a piece of shite. Don't buy it. Front IO is connected to front panel which makes it pretty annoying to clean. Also, mine came with misaligned screw holes for the glass side panel. The whole case has a very cheap feel to it.

I'm no longer using it. That being said, if anyone wants to buy this POS from me, They can have it for $50 shipped. Though used I have kept it in good condition.

lol damn... thats an honest review if there ever was one.... i have this case, musta got the batch with the misaligned screw holes.. just a heads up.

This case is a piece of shite. Don't buy it. Front IO is connected to front panel which makes it pretty annoying to clean. Also, mine came with misaligned screw holes for the glass side panel. The whole case has a very cheap feel to it.

I'm no longer using it. That being said, if anyone wants to buy this POS from me, They can have it for $50 shipped. Though used I have kept it in good condition.
Good to know, thanks! Not going to buy the case anymore

On the contrary, I didn't have the misaligned screw hole and the build was great. It's one of the best budget cases with great airflow. Cable management is very good for the price too.

I bought a Meshify C in July and used it for my wife's computer. I thought it was great. It's nice and clean, great cable management, and seems to be good airflow after I added a couple more fans.

I think this is a great deal, so I bought another. Ordered it on 10/31 in the evening (saturday), and it was delivered this morning (Tuesday) with their cheapest 4-7 day shipping option. I was shocked it was so fast. The case's screw holes seem to be aligned properly. I use a leaf blower to clean out the dust, so I don't need to remove the front panel for cleaning.

I recently bought the upgraded Meshify S2...waiting for Zen 3 to build it but after doing a ton of research it looks great

i have one of these. no issues. no misaligned holes. doesn't feel cheap. doesn't have a big footprint which, in my case, was a big plus.

No issues with mine. Solid build quality, no misaligned holes. Front mesh pops out for cleaning if you remove the bottom filter and reach under the front panel. There will be a locking tab there you push to pop the front mesh out independently.

Front IO is connected to front panel which makes it pretty annoying to clean.
Looking at this picture, it seems the front panel pops out. Or is there some other interference with the IO that's the issue?
1605120651157.png

Oh, that's a nice change. The one thing I didn't like about the one I had was that front panel. I only had to remove it once, but I dn't recall seeing a way that the panel easily came out - had to remove the whole front end of it, I/O included, and that was a pain.

Reactions: Parja
like this
Looks like a new model. I have to old one.

Good that they fixed it. The old model was a POS.

Pretty sure it has always been like this and you just didn't know how to open it up :p I have had this case for several years and am pretty sure i have the original model.

For those that don't know how to get the dust filter off this case.. slide the bottom dust filter forward and off and then reach underneath and there is a tab that you press in and up. Apparently a lot of people have trouble finding this tab or they have trouble pushing it. Has to be pushed in and up and it take a fair bit of force. Me I also removed that ugly foam mesh from the filter and I think this greatly improves the airflow.

Pretty sure it has always been like this and you just didn't know how to open it up :p I have had this case for several years and am pretty sure i have the original model.

I can guarantee you that its a different model. I'm at work right now, but Ill take a picture and show you when I get home.

For now, you'll have to settle for a video with crappy jazz

You'll notice the wires attached to the front IO & Panel. Now Imagine taking the front panel off to clean the fans with the wires attached to your motherboard. Its not fun.

Last edited:
I can guarantee you that its a different model. I'm at work right now, but Ill take a picture and show you when I get home.

For now, you'll have to settle for a video with crappy jazz

You'll notice the wires attached to the front IO & Panel. Now Imagine taking the front panel off to clean the fans with the wires attached to your motherboard. Its not fun.

Fast forward to 4:50 in your above video and you see the guy separating the front mesh from the front panel. This can be done without taking off the front panel. The guy in your video doesn't know what he is doing. Once you take the front mesh off you have full access to the fans to clean or unscrew them and you do not need to take the whole front panel off to do this.

This right here is the tab that you have to reach up under and depress and then the whole front mesh separates from the front panel and lifts up and off.

Capture.PNG

Fast forward to 4:50 in your above video and you see the guy separating the front mesh from the front panel. This can be done without taking off the front panel. The guy in your video doesn't know what he is doing. Once you take the front mesh off you have full access to the fans to clean or unscrew them and you do not need to take the whole front panel off to do this.

This right here is the tab that you have to reach up under and depress and then the whole front mesh separates from the front panel and lifts up and off.

View attachment 298211
Huh...Well, shit. Good to know, thanks!

The case is still a POS though.

I guess we can agree to disagree on that. I liked it so much i bought a second one. Seems to perform really well for air cooling once you remove that foam from the front mesh, install 3 decent fans in front and 1 up top and in the back.
I also think the price is pretty reasonable but yes it does get more expensive once you factor in the additional fans.

I guess we can agree to disagree on that. I liked it so much i bought a second one. Seems to perform really well for air cooling once you remove that foam from the front mesh, install 3 decent fans in front and 1 up top and in the back.
I also think the price is pretty reasonable but yes it does get more expensive once you factor in the additional fans.

I may give it a second chance, or give it to a family member. I'm currently using a Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5 with all Noctua fans. Not sure if I can part with the case handles, they are pretty handy when you need to move it, but its a tank.

This is one of my 2 cases. It does a very good job with the fan config i mentioned and can keep a Threadripper 1950x and 2x 1080ti cool. I also remove that bottom panel from the front part of the PSU shroud as i think this helps it to push more air to the lower area / lower GPU. I have a 140MM fan in the top / back area. My only complant with this case is that i wish there was more room from the top of the motherboard to the top area. You really can't fit a 280mm rad up top there as it will interfere with your ram and other things.

1605132561959.png

Huh. Wow, I didn't know that was removable for cleaning! Thanks for pointing that out!
I just tried it on the Meshify C I bought in July and it worked exactly like that. I was able to pop off the front panel and remove the mesh part and I didn't even have to turn off the computer!

I think this is a great case for <$70. Hard to beat it for the price because of all the nice features and great cable management. Sure, it's nice to have a few more fans, but I don't know of any other cases under $100 that have more than 2 fans. Plus, it gives users the option of buying whatever fan they prefer.

This is one of my 2 cases. It does a very good job with the fan config i mentioned and can keep a Threadripper 1950x and 2x 1080ti cool. I also remove that bottom panel from the front part of the PSU shroud as i think this helps it to push more air to the lower area / lower GPU. I have a 140MM fan in the top / back area. My only complant with this case is that i wish there was more room from the top of the motherboard to the top area. You really can't fit a 280mm rad up top there as it will interfere with your ram and other things.

View attachment 298228
Nice setup, I have a NH-D15 in mine. Used to run that same cooler but gave it to my dad...the 67 year old gamer that he is. Removing that bottom piece makes a lot of sense.

You should check these fans out, I put them on my D15 and they are awesome! Originally used the 140mm's that came with the cooler, but even though these are smaller, they move more air & are less audible in my experience than the 140mm Noctua's.
https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-A1...d=1&keywords=Noctua+fan&qid=1605135076&sr=8-3

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice setup, I have a NH-D15 in mine. Removing that bottom piece makes a lot of sense.

You should check these fans out, I put them on my D15 and they are awesome! Originally used the 140mm's that came with the cooler, but even though these are smaller, they move more air & are less audible in my experience than the 140mm Noctua's.
https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-A1...d=1&keywords=Noctua+fan&qid=1605135076&sr=8-3

Yeah those fans are nice but they are very pricey and I can never find them in stock. I usually go to the Arctic P14's as they have pretty good noise / airflow and you can get them cheap in 5 packs.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah those fans are nice but they are very pricey and I can never find them in stock. I usually go to the Arctic P14's as they have pretty good noise / airflow and you can get them cheap in 5 packs.
Yeah, they are pretty pricey. But they're in stock now! :)

Looking at some builds...man, that thing is tight. Would be great if they made a SL (slightly larger) version that was like an inch longer, an inch taller, and maybe a half inch wider to comfortably accommodate some simple water cooling setups.

polonyc2 It's kind of strange how few Meshify 2 XL reviews there are - other than say Level1's Wendell - but it's nice to see him build in it.
I'm still not too happy about the PSU shroud directly blocking GPU intake though. Hoping they eventually copy what Lian Li did with the Lancool II Mesh - at least with removable panels on the shroud to mount fans.

Looking at some builds...man, that thing is tight. Would be great if they made a SL (slightly larger) version that was like an inch longer, an inch taller, and maybe a half inch wider to comfortably accommodate some simple water cooling setups.

I had one. Yes it is tight, but it is also somewhat smaller than most ATX cases. Kind of like a mATX tower. I'm off for having more smaller options.

polonyc2 It's kind of strange how few Meshify 2 XL reviews there are - other than say Level1's Wendell - but it's nice to see him build in it.
I'm still not too happy about the PSU shroud directly blocking GPU intake though. Hoping they eventually copy what Lian Li did with the Lancool II Mesh - at least with removable panels on the shroud to mount fans.
How is the PSU shroud blocking intake?
If it has the same internals as my Define 7 XL there's 3 entire slots worth of height below the motherboard.
I fit a 120mm fan underneath my 3 slot wide GPU. (Look at the cable management thread.)

Also I'm pretty sure you can attach fans to the shroud, the cutouts seem like they'd work fine for that.

I'll attach some images to illustrate. It's something that hasn't been an option since the R5.
The second image is from HWCanuck's review of the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh.

Attachments

• bottom intake on R5.png
    bottom intake on R5.png
    706.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - removable panels.png
    Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - removable panels.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Meshify 2 PSU shroud.png
    Meshify 2 PSU shroud.png
    282.9 KB · Views: 0
So you mean that it's blocking intake only if you have intake fans on the bottom of the case?

Yeah, I guess that's true. I don't think that the case is designed to expect bottom fans to be a main intake though. And even then the location of the PSU makes it a terrible spot for intake.

Of course, I have that area filled to the brim with hard drives and the cables required for them.

The front has more than enough intake fans and it's a clear line to the GPU, even in my hard drive filled situation.

FWIW I also never attempted to use that space in my R5 for intake because cables would have blocked it there as well.

Last edited:

The way I look at this is that this means the airflow from the front is closer to the components so you should be getting more air pressure to your CPU / Ram / GPU. Yeah some video cards will not fit. For example the Trio 3080 will not fit without removing the front fans or using 15mm thick fans.

The way I look at this is that this means the airflow from the front is closer to the components so you should be getting more air pressure to your CPU / Ram / GPU.
The volume of the case has no effect on the airflow through the case. "Pressure" isn't remotely high enough to have an effect.

Parja the farther you put your hand away from a fan, the lower the pressure and speed of the air flow will be. hence a case that is shorter will have the front fans closer to the components meaning they will be getting higher pressure airflow. No the volume of the airflow will not change but the speed and pressure of the air at the point where it interacts with the ram / cpu / gpu will be higher. the faster the air moves over the component the more of a cooling effect it will have. I am not a scientist but prove me wrong :p

Parja the farther you put your hand away from a fan, the lower the pressure and speed of the air flow will be. hence a case that is shorter will have the front fans closer to the components meaning they will be getting higher pressure airflow. No the volume of the airflow will not change but the speed and pressure of the air at the point where it interacts with the ram / cpu / gpu will be higher. the faster the air moves over the component the more of a cooling effect it will have. I am not a scientist but prove me wrong :p
Unless you're running a mostly passive cooler on your GPU/CPU the airspeed from the intake matters a lot less than the airflow on the individual components respective heatsink.
It helps, but not substantially.

Larger case volumes mean that there's more air inside the case to heat up and, in general, the ambient temperature won't increase anywhere near as fast.

Unless you're dealing with a level of airflow that requires a considerable amount of noise, at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parja
like this
You both bring up good points but this doesn't mean that this statment " The volume of the case has no effect on the airflow through the case" is true. if it were i could cool my appartment effectively with 3 120mm fans as i could my case. Obviously i am oversimplifying here. When i was talking about the air speed an pressure i would be more concerned with it in term of hitting my ram and how well its going to move through and in between dual GPU. "matters less" and "less so" are just qualifiers to reduce the importance of my statment but they dont' mean there isn't some truth to it. Again I am not talking about earch shaking improvements here.

Also "longer to heat up" isn't in my vocabulary since i run 24/7 100% load on both cpu and gpu

Back