Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL Full-Tower Case (Black, Dark Tint Tempered Glass) $179.99 shipped (IN STOCK)

I absolutely love my Define 7 XL and if you want a big, full tower case, you probably won't go wrong with the Meshify 2 XL.

If I waited to buy my case I would have gotten the Meshify version instead.

My H510i is such a POS with airflow. I literally have 2 jet fans involved(1 pull and 1 push) to compensate for the miserable temps I get with it.

How is the airflow with this thing? Really miss a full tower and considering biting on this.

My H510i is such a POS with airflow. I literally have 2 jet fans involved(1 pull and 1 push) to compensate for the miserable temps I get with it.

How is the airflow with this thing? Really miss a full tower and considering biting on this.
Anything is better than NZXT cases. I've built many of them for clients, and absolutely despise their airflow. Literally suffocate builds. They look nice and clean, don't get me wrong, but from an airflow aspect, they are lacking severely.

Can't really go wrong with fractal. I prefer phanteks or Lian-li, but fractal is also damn good. But some alternatives, for mid towers, Phanteks p600s (three different color options), Lian-Li 011 dynamic. Full tower, Lian-li 011 XL ROG, or personal favorite and current system, Phanteks Enthoo 719. Can't say nothing but good thinks with my enthoo 719, spacious, dual system support, good airflow, and good build quality. Watercooling potential on the enthoo 719 is fantastic, so many options, with fill and drain cutouts already built into the case. But all the cases I mentioned have great airflow.

Great case. I'm currently using the Meshify 2 XL in Storage Layout for my Plex server and it's an awesome case with plenty of room.

Anything is better than NZXT cases. I've built many of them for clients, and absolutely despise their airflow. Literally suffocate builds. They look nice and clean, don't get me wrong, but from an airflow aspect, they are lacking severely.

Can't really go wrong with fractal. I prefer phanteks or Lian-li, but fractal is also damn good. But some alternatives, for mid towers, Phanteks p600s (three different color options), Lian-Li 011 dynamic. Full tower, Lian-li 011 XL ROG, or personal favorite and current system, Phanteks Enthoo 719. Can't say nothing but good thinks with my enthoo 719, spacious, dual system support, good airflow, and good build quality. Watercooling potential on the enthoo 719 is fantastic, so many options, with fill and drain cutouts already built into the case. But all the cases I mentioned have great airflow.
P600s here, run with the front off since I put in the 3070ti, very quiet gaming with a 3900x and d15

P600s here, run with the front off since I put in the 3070ti, very quiet gaming with a 3900x and d15
I was gonna go with the p600s myself in white (have a white build). But wanted to use my 420mm rad still, also decided on dual system so went with the enthoo 719. Can definitely say though, next mid tower I build myself, p600s will be my stop, gorgeous case.

I posted this somewhere online first in 2020: :D

Sing to 'Baby's Got Back':

I like big case and I cannot lie
You other brothers can't deny
With a big case in your face
You have some fun
With the nas you run
Even if it weighs a ton.
It says, use me, use me
put all your drives in to me...

I was gonna go with the p600s myself in white (have a white build). But wanted to use my 420mm rad still, also decided on dual system so went with the enthoo 719. Can definitely say though, next mid tower I build myself, p600s will be my stop, gorgeous case.
Will the 420 not fit? I run 3 140s up front. manual lists 465mm of max clearance.

Will the 420 not fit? I run 3 140s up front. manual lists 465mm of max clearance.
My bad, should of been more clear on my setup. A 420mm would fit in the front, but I have a thick 420mm rad, 45mm. Also wanted to have a 360 top, the clearance wouldn't work out in the p600s. So went for the 719 instead, and opted with the ability for a dual system setup, which I'm following up on now.

My bad, should of been more clear on my setup. A 420mm would fit in the front, but I have a thick 420mm rad, 45mm. Also wanted to have a 360 top, the clearance wouldn't work out in the p600s. So went for the 719 instead, and opted with the ability for a dual system setup, which I'm following up on now.
I'm with you. It's a decent sized case, but it's definitely not full sized like your setup seems to need.

I've posted this quite a few times but this is a current picture of my standard Define 7 XL. Wonderful case.
1628220532131.png

Open windows due to the heat (And lack of AC) recently has made things dusty.

Attachments

• 1628220621383.png
    1628220621383.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Fractal define 7 XL still pretty quiet? I have a define R5 and love it, but its a little on the small side but I like silence. I also use a bluray burner so I need the 5.25 bays which many new cases dont have. Think Fractal define 7 xl would be good? Pretty expensive at $200 but...

Fractal define 7 XL still pretty quiet? I have a define R5 and love it, but its a little on the small side but I like silence. I also use a bluray burner so I need the 5.25 bays which many new cases dont have. Think Fractal define 7 xl would be good? Pretty expensive at $200 but...

That's what I have, and I have an optical drive in it (although I don't use it anymore at the moment).

I legitimately can't hear a thing in the case except for the GPU fans when they're at 100%
I'm running 6x 140mm fans and that one slim 120mm fan underneath the GPU.

I upgraded from a define R5, I'm running 8 mechanical hard drives now (and 4x nvme) though and the R5 was getting pretty damn full.

I legitimately can't hear a thing in the case except for the GPU fans when they're at 100%
I'm running 6x 140mm fans and that one slim 120mm fan underneath the GPU.

I upgraded from a define R5, I'm running 8 mechanical hard drives now (and 4x nvme) though and the R5 was getting pretty damn full.
Do your drives have the 5 second ticking for the wear prevention sweep? if so how do you stand it?

Do your drives have the 5 second ticking for the wear prevention sweep? if so how do you stand it?
I honestly have no idea what this is. All of my HDDs except for my old 5TB toshiba (power on time: 1735 days) drive are silent, and that one is only a tiny bit audible if i'm actively writing to it. It was always a loud drive though.

I also never turn the computer off and I never allow my drives to go to idle. Which, in theory, might cause more wear on the drives but I haven't actually had a hard drive error in years.

I was deciding between the 7 XL and the Meshify 2 XL. I don‘t think you can go wrong with either case. :)

Love my Define (can't remember which version), but I honesty couldn't live without an option for at least 1 optical drive, preferably 2, but clearly many people don't care about optical....i have too many movies....that I rip to my nas, as well as lots of CDs, that are ripped, but sometimes things need to be re-ripped. Also, I guess since i have a NAS, I really don't need more than a handful of local drives and I could probably pull 2 of them if I wanted to.

Nevertheless, I love this MFG. Use to use the Antec quiet cases, but once those went away, I switched to these, which are better IMO.

I was deciding between the 7 XL and the Meshify 2 XL. I don‘t think you can go wrong with either case. :)

I was looking at both of those. I have a fractal define R5 and I need a silent case, with just a little more space and optical drive bays. For that reason I cant go with the Meshify and I think id want the define R7 XL anyways.

I am trying to figure out if the normal define R7 (non-XL) is a viable option for me because really I dont want to pay $200 for a case.

Ive been looking at some of those Be quiet cases as well, I like silent cases but I need 5.25" bays.

TheSlySyl I feel like I might've asked before, but how did you mount that 120mm slim fan underneath your GPU?

TheSlySyl I feel like I might've asked before, but how did you mount that 120mm slim fan underneath your GPU?
It's all friction. The particular heatsink I have on my 1080Ti (Arctic Accelero Extreme 3) leaves *just* enough room for the 15mm slim fan to rest on the PSU cover and be wedged between the GPU heatsink and the pci slots on the case. It's crazy close, literally 1mm or less clearance between the blades of the heatsink and the blades of the slim fan.
Sometimes I shake the desk and they touch and I gotta push it back.

That 120mm fan exhausts an incredible amount of heat from the 1080ti and the 4 NVME drives that are all on the lower half of the motherboard.

Back