Fractal Design demonstrates the right way to handle the discovery that a shipping product is incindiary

DanNeely

Supreme [H]ardness
I bought a Fractal Design Celsius S36 All0In-One CPU cooler a few years ago. Came with a 5 year warranty, never had a problem with it and it's still running well :)

And this is what the morons (like gigabyte) don't understand for some reason. Or maybe they think they can get away with it?

I've never owned a fractal product but now I want to. They've shown that they stand behind their products and fix the problems.

Gigabyte on the other hand....been buying their mainboards for years. I may not buy another thanks to the power supply fiasco.

I saw something about this yesterday and was a little surprised that they had an issue like this but I'm less surprised to see that they seem to be handling it responsibly.

I've never bought any of their products but they were already on my short list of preferred case manufacturers and this sort of response helps solidify them in the number 2 spot right behind Phanteks.

And this is what the morons (like gigabyte) don't understand for some reason. Or maybe they think they can get away with it?
they have, for years. Used to be that a product had a warranty and that warranty tracked the product. Then companies (China?) changed the game and made it so that the warranty is ONLY for the original buyer. In effect, what they did was warrant the original buyer, not their product. If that doesn't reek of evil I don't know what does.

Yeah, that always drove me nuts. I buy stuff on eBay all the time, and I've been lucky and nothing broke, but I would like the piece of mind.

What does it matter where I bought it if you sold me a faulty product? Companies should respect their customers, not try to weasel out of it.

they have, for years. Used to be that a product had a warranty and that warranty tracked the product. Then companies (China?) changed the game and made it so that the warranty is ONLY for the original buyer. In effect, what they did was warrant the original buyer, not their product. If that doesn't reek of evil I don't know what does.
Not really a China thing, it has been a slow moving thing in the US to cut down on the 3’rd party market for years. It was only a few years back that the consumer protection agencies had their authority gutted to the point where it could be pulled off. But in these cases where you have purchased from a 3’rd party depending on the state they are in the “Sold AS IS” is not valid and they (the third party) legally have to honour the return, but for smaller purchases unless you really want to drag it through small claims then you can fall back on the implied warranties provided by the purchase processor (Visa, MasterCard, PayPal)

We also used to have lifetime warranty on GPUs and also transferable warranty with a few companies, but this is very rare these days.

I think the only time I got screwed on warranty was on this BFG GPU back in the day (probably like 20 years ago).

It had a 1 year warranty and it died on the 13 month and they wouldn't budge. I mean, technically the warranty was over, but come on. It was like a $300 GPU which was a lot of money for me back then.

These companies really need to stand by their products and I'm glad Fractal is doing the right thing.

Taking responsibility for your products shouldn't be this uncommon, sadly here we are. Fortunately for us Fractal has set the bar. We can only hope these other companies see the benefits of treating your customers as if you actually value them -gasp-not like dollar signs.
Arrogant companies have made it clear the only way they will learn their lessons is via the bottom line. I will personally do my part in teaching them i dont appreciate their business model. Until they show the kind of genuine response we've seen from Fractal Design i will spend my hard earned elsewhere. While at the same time i will do my best to give Fractal Design as much business as i can.
For some strange reason these arrogant companies forget we live in a global market place today. Replacing THEM is so so easy. Competition is good for us dollar signs.

Taking care of customers even when there is a problem or mistake goes a very long way for those customers coming back to buy more from you. This was very refreshing compared to Gigabyte, complete fail on many levels. I like Fractal cases in general, have two of them. Now I do not like the bottom power supply location, it does allow for a sleeker more streamline case allowing better support for water coolers but I do not like how it hinders air flow to the pcie slots particularly the much higher powered now, big cooler video cards. The difference in cooling from my 6900 XT going from a Fractal case with the PS on the bottom to a Corsair case with fans on the bottom, PS is on the backside of motherboard in the Corsair case, is huge!

Could someone please point out if there is any official specification that mentions that fan hubs shouldn't short out?

Sorry ... couldn't resist.
UL listings and <Insert Other National Product Safety Testing Labs Approval Mechanisms Here>

Fractal has always done a great job on the customer service side for me whether it was needing factory hardware kits or replacing a whole case. Glad to see them step up.

Back