Fractal Design Define R4

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at LanOC say the Fractal Design Define R4 is "business sexy." If you are in the market for a new case, this might be something you are interested in.

When it comes to Fractal Design I always seem to place them in this second category. They don’t make anything flashy or over the top, but their cases are always functional, cool, spacious, and what I like to call business sexy. Their Define cases have always been a perfect example of this, today we are going to take a look at the Define R4, their lastest version.

I have an R3 /w USB3 and I love it. Solid build quality, very quiet, and I like the looks. The only issue I have is there could be more room between the motherboard tray and the side panel. Even 1/4 inch would be a huge improvement.

The R4 has 26mm (over 1 inch) of space and 2 SSD mounts on the back of the motherboard...

I'm a huge fan of fractal design, I used to own an R2, my brother owns an R3, and I almost bought an R4 (sadly the nzxt phantom exists and something about it drew me in). But I love fractal's minimalist and elegant design philosophy when it comes to cases, I wish more took that route (besides lian li).

Now that I have decided on the R4, in black, no window, I just have to find one in stock.

I just about have my Define XL finished. Just some backlighting on the acrylic accents and a front graphic and I'll call it done. I also just built my sister and her husband a new pc using the Core 1000. Build quality is a bit disappointing as the metal is on the thin side and feels a bit flimsy. For the $30 I paid for it, I'm still happy with my purchase.
Here's a couple pix of my build.

Back