Fractal Design ARC XL broken headphone port

travm

2[H]4U
I tried checking their website for parts when i broke it about 2 years ago, but i really like this case and would like my headphone port to work again, anyone have any ideas? Is there a fractal rep on this forum that might be able to help?
The port broke by being hit while the headphones were plugged in, and they twisted and broke the plastic on the port, so when you plug it in, it doesn't get held against the contacts anymore.

Not expecting much, but just a moon shot.
I expect i'm SOL.

Could you not repair it yourself? Purchase another port and replace the existing one? It will be a bit of modding, but I don't see it being overly difficult.

Could you not repair it yourself? Purchase another port and replace the existing one? It will be a bit of modding, but I don't see it being overly difficult.
Possibly, I"ll have to open it up again. If i recall the port was a very special (cheap) plastic SMD type connector. Not something you can just find at the local electronics shop.

just saw this post, thats the ticket.. i swear i looked for this 2 years ago and they didnt have....

Actually, this is the guy. No stock.
http://www.fractal-design-shop.de/index.php?a=384

That is the entire assembly. I have the ARC XL. That board I linked you looks identical to the one in my case.

20180206_124058.jpg

Reactions: travm
like this
That is the entire assembly. I have the ARC XL. That board I linked you looks identical to the one in my case.

20180206_124058.jpg
shit son, thanks for tearing your case open to show me this.

guess ill get one of those.

Thats a very easy fix, should you decide to. A few hole thrus and you are on your way.

edit: I know you have a replacement. I just have a habit of wanting to fix things. So I would keep the old one and repair it for the never case you need it haha.

Thats a very easy fix, should you decide to. A few hole thrus and you are on your way.

edit: I know you have a replacement. I just have a habit of wanting to fix things. So I would keep the old one and repair it for the never case you need it haha.
I'm very much in the 0 patience and motivation to do this just now, but i also have about $60 worth of shit in my digikey cart... I suppose i should add a couple stereo jacks. Maybe get ultra sweet gold plated ones or something. I agree, but i'm getting lazier with age.

Back