Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

feetus

Weaksauce
http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&prod=113

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M8URy-WKm_4#!

ZiZqtZm.jpg

Last edited:
Dammit! This is exactly what I wanted. Top \ Front rad mounting and movable bottom HDD tray, Window, hard mounted front fans (main reason I did not go with the original). I just bought a Lian Li 7HX but would of prefered this as the watercooling options are alot better if I get a wild hair. /facepalm...

Do you know if it will be possible to add a second HDD case inside like below:

And will Fractal Design sell optional HDD cases separately?

Very pretty. Can this one fit an H100? :)

Edit: Site info says it can hold a 240mm rad (thick or thin) up top. Answers my question.

Yeah... this is exactly what us RX240 owners need. I've had one hell of time modding cases to fit this fatty.

r2 looks great! i recently just finished a build using the first revision. i like what they changed the front panel design for the fans, didn't really like the snap on design of the first revision. i'm assuming the overall size of this case is the same? wondering if i can just buy the windowed side panel and put it on my case.

I was just gifted the original Arc Midi today. This R2 is one sexy improvement

This is just about the only case that might entice me to upgrade from my Arc Midi R1...

WHEN WHEN WHEN will Newegg/Amazon have this in stock!?

I don't feel like waiting 2 weeks for NCIX to ship this. Their checkout page says it might take 3-5 days to ship which is ridiculous.

HOLY SHIT YOU DON'T NEED ANY OF THE HDD CAGES! you can mount 2 2.5" drives BEHIND THE MOTHERBOARD. this case is frickin sweet

HOLY SHIT YOU DON'T NEED ANY OF THE HDD CAGES! you can mount 2 2.5" drives BEHIND THE MOTHERBOARD. this case is frickin sweet

Likewise on the R4... there are mounting holes. Just remember to install them before the motherboard!

But really, any case with as much space as these have between the motherboard tray and the side panel will take SSDs back there, just use Velcro...

In fact I'd use Velcro just to avoid the hassle of removing the motherboard to swap out a SSD, even on the Fractal Designs.

I hate HDD/SSD cages, they restrict airflow too much.

I'm really considering retiring my FT02 & getting this case.
I know it's going to be smaller & LIGHTER for sure!
With 2x140mm in the front, it should cool just as well, shouldn't it?

Hmm, I think the original had better design for the disk (4/4 I use 4 disk raid10) and the 2 USB2.0/1USB3.0 was pretty nice but I guess that's not a hug difference.

That's a very beautiful case. I just picked up a Corsair 200r and this has the same simplistic feel to it. Except, you know, better.

Just bought this last night...replacing an aging Silverstone raven that I will either sell or hand down to my son...between this and the 550D...hope I made the right choice

Just bought this last night...replacing an aging Silverstone raven that I will either sell or hand down to my son...between this and the 550D...hope I made the right choice

I just built a machine using this case. It's great. It's well built and everything feels solid. It's a lot nicer than the Corsair 650D I used in a previous build.

Here is mine Arc Midi 2. I also made a mounting plate for the front of my arc midi 2, so I did not have to fumble around with the front bezel when I need to remove the radiator. I will give it a fresh coat of paint once I receive my GTX 680 Heatkiller water block.

2b4cece6_IMG_0849.jpeg

eb05b29d_IMG_0867.jpeg

Back