Fractal Arc Midi $85

MinPins

Limp Gawd
Newegg has the Fractal Arc Midi available for $99 - $15 with Coupon Code: EMCJHKJ24.
Free shipping.

This pisses me off because my Arc Midi from Newegg just arrived yesterday and I paid $15 more for it.

So smexy.. I may bite on this to replace my Antec 300..

hmmmmmmmm

Got my eye on it... still sitting on my $40 Google/Newegg code too. Arc Midi for $65 shipped after all is said and done is tough to ignore.

Got my eye on it... still sitting on my $40 Google/Newegg code too. Arc Midi for $65 shipped after all is said and done is tough to ignore.

Yup.. that makes two of us.. Just can't beat that price/value ratio, and it's aesthetics are amazing to boot.

does a 240 rad fit in the top of this guy with fans?

does a 240 rad fit in the top of this guy with fans?

That's what I was wondering. My atcs 840 is just too big. If i could slap an h80 on back and a 240 push / pull on top for the gpus this thing would be sweet. I highly doubt I could tho.

I'm putting a Corsair CWCH100 in the top of mine. It will be cooling an i7-2600K.

I'm putting a Corsair CWCH100 in the top of mine. It will be cooling an i7-2600K.

So it will fit a GT stealth 240 and a single set of 25mm fans without clearance issues is what you're saying?

So it will fit a GT stealth 240 and a single set of 25mm fans without clearance issues is what you're saying?

It will definitely fit a 2 x 120 rad in the top (read the specs earlier), but I don't know if care would be taken to fit a 120x25mm rear fan up there as well.. I'd imagine great care would've been taken by Fractal to ensure it would fit though, or at least I've heard nothing but good things about their cases so far, so I can only imagine that's the case here too..

A 240mm rad just fits in the front...You lose both hdd cages though.

This pisses me off because my Arc Midi from Newegg just arrived yesterday and I paid $15 more for it.

Don't sweat $15. Anything you buy today will generally only get cheaper with time and if you sit on the fence forever waiting for that better deal you'll never buy anything.

I own both the Arc Mini and Arc Midi, paid full price and couldn't decide between the two so I kept both. IMO these cases are worth much more than the asking price, relative to similar offerings from other companies. And owning both I can safely say I would've paid in the $150-$175 range if I had to do it over again. Favorite cases in a long time and I'm a stickler for aesthetics.. they just got so many things right with the Arc Midi/Mini line.

I just finished cramming a Gene-z + (2) GTX 580's + i7-2600k all custom-watercooled into my Arc Mini, good times. Yes the front bottom drive cage has to be drilled out to fit a double rad at the front but BFD, these are the times of SSD and its easy to mount one in many other locations in the case. If you need big spinning disks for near-line storage you either go external or build a NAS/server.

Last edited:
I bought the R3 because I want a silent pc. This looks like a modified version (more fans, removable cages, no dampening) meant for the more typical gamer pc's. Every review I've read of Fractal cases has been glowing, just wish I'd heard of them sooner. Better than the Antec, Corsair, Lian-Li etc IMO.

I bit. Fractal Designs was an unknown to me, but the reviews, price, and opinion of the [H] made the decision pretty easy.

For now though the case will have to patiently wait in the basement until further news on Ivy... if I can hold out that long.

I love mine, so easy to work on, so easy to route cables, so simple and elegant. Best case I've ever owned.

I bit. Fractal Designs was an unknown to me, but the reviews, price, and opinion of the [H] made the decision pretty easy.

For now though the case will have to patiently wait in the basement until further news on Ivy... if I can hold out that long.

I love mine, so easy to work on, so easy to route cables, so simple and elegant. Best case I've ever owned.

pics please guys.

I own this case and but I don't have a WC setup in it so I don't have first hand knowledge of the clearances or issues of routing the lines but according to the review from Overclock3D.net:

"The Arc however can accommodate a full sized 240mm radiator that's 60mm thick and a set of regular 25mm thick 120mm fans internally without you having any special requirements for you motherboard or ram."

and if you look at the picture on fractial's site:

http://www.fractal-design.com/img_prod/FD-CA-ARC-BL_cooling.jpg

a 240 up top looks fine.

Having a h80 and a 240 would be tricky but the case does have gromits to mount a rad outside the case on the top:

http://www.fractal-design.com/img_prod/FD-CA-ARC-BL_4_usb3.jpg

and the top panel cover is removable, plus with the layout I could see even putting a 360 rad on the top and using the gromits without too much work and for the sale price it is a very nice case to use for a WC loop and not feel too bad if you want to hack it up and mod a little bit versus re-engineering a more expensive case.

My Fractal ARC Midi build:

• EVGA GTX560Ti 2GB
  • Intel i7-2600K
  • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600
  • Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SATA III 120GB (OS)
  • Corsair CWCH100
  • MS Win7 Pro 64Bit
  • Hitachi 2 x 3TB 7200RPM 64MB (RAID1 Data)
  • ASUS P68Z68 Deluxe/GEN3
  • Seasonic Platinum 860 PSU
  • LG GGW-H20L Blu Ray
  • Intel E1G42ET NIC
Still waiting on the MOBO and PSU.

_fractal_kit.jpg

I am definitely tempted by this for another build I am doing. Does anyone know if two Thermaltake TY-140's would fit in the top? I know it supports 120 and 140 fans, but the TY-140's have the 120mm mounting pattern which can cause some issues.

Wow.. I hadnt seen this one before.. I like the design.. This is the 1st case I have been tempted to buy since my haf 912.. I love being able to easily remove the extra 3.5" bays since I need 1 to hold my 2x 2.5" drives

A 240mm rad just fits in the front...You lose both hdd cages though.
Yep, it's really a damn shame. I thought this would be the case to contend with CM 690 II Advanced that'd I've been using for WC builds, but the HDD cage ruins that. Any idea if you can fit a triple rad up top without modding? Any of you guys with the case know if you can fit the fans in between the top of the case and the mesh that goes over the top? Thanks!

I am definitely tempted by this for another build I am doing. Does anyone know if two Thermaltake TY-140's would fit in the top? I know it supports 120 and 140 fans, but the TY-140's have the 120mm mounting pattern which can cause some issues.

If you link me the measurments I'll bust out the tape measure and check if you want.

As for fitting a fan on to the case but under the mesh, there is only about a 7mm gap since the mesh has a frame and a filter that attach to the panel.

But if you wanted a triple rad up there , personally I'd mount it outside the case and use the gromits for the WC hoses or mod it to fit internal.

you probably will lose the top external 5 /14 bay but doing a 3x3 push/pull with a 120x360 rad is possible without a ton of cutting since the top plate is fairly open already.

It really is pretty good for a non huge case adn cheap to mod like I said before but if you really want more WC options that will look sleaker without as much work a larger case might be better.

I think it is a good enough setup for a few drives and maybe sli along with a loop because if you want say a i7 extreme and tri-sli or something a larger case will have better airflow and mounting options and be more inline with the intended market.

I'm gonna get a corsair h100 or that maingear 180mm rad and then totally dynamat or acoustic foam the interior too eventually and probably mod the fan inlets since stock the mesh and foam filters are kinda prone to wind noise and the side panel fan is not filtered.

If you link me the measurments I'll bust out the tape measure and check if you want.

As for fitting a fan on to the case but under the mesh, there is only about a 7mm gap since the mesh has a frame and a filter that attach to the panel.

But if you wanted a triple rad up there , personally I'd mount it outside the case and use the gromits for the WC hoses or mod it to fit internal.

you probably will lose the top external 5 /14 bay but doing a 3x3 push/pull with a 120x360 rad is possible without a ton of cutting since the top plate is fairly open already.

It really is pretty good for a non huge case adn cheap to mod like I said before but if you really want more WC options that will look sleaker without as much work a larger case might be better.

I think it is a good enough setup for a few drives and maybe sli along with a loop because if you want say a i7 extreme and tri-sli or something a larger case will have better airflow and mounting options and be more inline with the intended market.

I'm gonna get a corsair h100 or that maingear 180mm rad and then totally dynamat or acoustic foam the interior too eventually and probably mod the fan inlets since stock the mesh and foam filters are kinda prone to wind noise and the side panel fan is not filtered.
Thanks for the info :cool:. I like the look of keep WC internal and don't have the means (nor would I want to) do some heavy modding. A 240mm + 120mm would still give a lot of cooling power for those so inclined.

I bit on this sale as well.. I just got the case in a few days ago. I purchased this case for my Dad. His old Coolermaster case had seen better days.. LOL. Even though some of his parts are a bit dated, he is still doing well for what he uses his computer for! (Not bad for a 65 year old guy who had NEVER been on the internet until a few years ago)!

Intel LGA775 E7600, GTS 450, Gigabye Mobo, Corsair 550w PSU and (2) 1TB drives! As much as I've tried, I can't talk him out of his IDE cd/dvd rom drive.. LOL! His answer is, if it's not broke, then I don't need to fix it. How can I argue with that.. haha.

DSCN0628.jpg

Corsair CWCH100 in Fractal Arc Midi fits easily.
(I thought I had posted this the other day, must have forgotten to click 'submit')

_bottom_crop_resize.jpg

_side_crop_resize.jpg

Corsair CWCH100 in Fractal Arc Midi fits easily.
(I thought I had posted this the other day, must have forgotten to click 'submit')

_bottom_crop_resize.jpg

_side_crop_resize.jpg

Thanks for the pics of that.. That looks like it was designed with that in mind.

Got one waiting for me under the tree :) Wife wont let me open it ARGH

Haha!

I finally busted mine out of the box last night for a look. Nice. Unfortunately, now it has to wait for funds for the rest of the new build :(

Just finished it.
Unfortunately I have to be up really early for work so no chance to load the OS tonight.
I took out the second HDD rack and moved the white top fan to the case front.

fractal_a_crop.jpg

Back