ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
hi just got my new system
amd ryzen 2990wx
2080 ti
40 in 4k tv at like 3880x2000 I forget exactly but around there
win 10 64bit
and all other top stuff I cant remember
with 90% of settings turned up im around 20fps does that seem low for a system like this?

thanks!!

This game is 100% CPU limited. It needs a CPU far faster than what we have available, but the 9900k or 9700k are the fastest available CPU's for this game, which are still not enough to maintain 60fps.

This game is 100% CPU limited. It needs a CPU far faster than what we have available, but the 9900k or 9700k are the fastest available CPU's for this game, which are still not enough to maintain 60fps.

sorry whats 9900k and 9700k mean? and bottom line are you saying my numbers are right ? or I should be faster?

sorry whats 9900k and 9700k mean? and bottom line are you saying my numbers are right ? or I should be faster?

No, the 9900k is the fastest gaming CPU in existence.

This happens because most game programmers suck at using 16 or 32 cores in their games. And because there is no market for using those extra cores (very few owners).

relative-performance-games-1280-720.png

The vast majority of games stop at 6 major threads.

Even with Dynamic Local Mode, the best it can do is catch up with the 2700x.

Your CPU is the WORST choice you could have made for gaming. It's purpose is for running productivity and professional modeling apps.

The Ryzen 3 1200 showing the lowest fps isn’t surprising given that it has the slowest clock speeds and the fewest threads. What is interesting is how the Ryzen 7 1800X gets beaten by the Kaby Lake i7-7740X and the much older (2014) Haswell i7-4790K. This is because the rendering process is all loaded on a single core (OpenGL shows threading and object handling problems here), and these two Intel CPUs both have high clock speeds on architectures with good IPC levels. There isn't much separating the clock speeds of the two Intel chips, so we are attributing most of the difference in frame rates to the generational IPC improvements made over time.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/X-Plane-11-Benchmarks.287550.0.html

It will probably become just as powerful when they finally port to Vulkan, but I have no idea when that will be.

Last edited:
No, the 9900k is the fastest gaming CPU in existence.

This happens because most game programmers suck at using 16 or 32 cores in their games. And because there is no market for using those extra cores (very few owners).

View attachment 135886

The vast majority of games stop at 6 major threads.

Even with Dynamic Local Mode, the best it can do is catch up with the 2700x.

Your CPU is the WORST choice you could have made for gaming. It's purpose is for running productivity and professional modeling apps.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/X-Plane-11-Benchmarks.287550.0.html

It will probably become just as powerful when they finally port to Vulkan, but I have no idea when that will be.

so another words no matter what clock speed is more important then anything,.,.

You got it!

Right now, we're sitting on way too many cores for most DX11 or OpenGL games to use. It will be a slow transition to games that can use them effectively (DX12 or Vulkan).

You just happened to pick one of the worst examples of games to test out, because it's maintained by a tiny team. So you could e waiting another year or two for Vulkan.

You got it!

Right now, we're sitting on way too many cores for most DX11 or OpenGL games to use. It will be a slow transition to games that can use them effectively (DX12 or Vulkan).

You just happened to pick one of the worst examples of games to test out, because it's maintained by a tiny team. So you could e waiting another year or two for Vulkan.

still something is not right when I got this system 3 weeks ago x plane with just about fell settings was sitting around 40fps I had a problem and had to reinstall windows and now at half settings I am at 17 to 20 fps there has to be some setting maybe they had set at cyberpower pc that I don't have set right, I got a 10 year old machine shooting more fps then this and after what I spent im about to burn it!!!!

still something is not right when I got this system 3 weeks ago x plane with just about fell settings was sitting around 40fps I had a problem and had to reinstall windows and now at half settings I am at 17 to 20 fps there has to be some setting maybe they had set at cyberpower pc that I don't have set right, I got a 10 year old machine shooting more fps then this and after what I spent im about to burn it!!!!
sounds to me its some kind of bug/issue with that specific game and certain pc setups.....i would search into ways to tweak/customize that game

This may be your problem?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1385...eadripper-2-performance-and-windows-scheduler

https://www.techspot.com/news/78122...n-double-threadripper-2990wx-performance.html

According to the news, some windows update borked performance on Threadripper 2.

Welcome to the wonders of having a hacked-together top-end CPU. AMD couldn't rework it so each CPU has a single memory channel, so you get annoyances with NUMA.

Next time before you spend almost $5000 on a gaming rig, you might want to do just the slightest bit of research first. A Ryzen 7 2700x or a a Core i9 9900k are the best choices you can make for that.

Last edited:
Also, play with the graphics options. You might’ve changed a setting. X-Plane 11 will get the fastest machine on it’s knees if you max everything out.

This may be your problem?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1385...eadripper-2-performance-and-windows-scheduler

https://www.techspot.com/news/78122...n-double-threadripper-2990wx-performance.html

According to the news, some windows update borked performance on Threadripper 2.

Welcome to the wonders of having a hacked-together top-end CPU. AMD couldn't rework it so each CPU has a single memory channel, so you get annoyances with NUMA.

Next time before you spend almost $5000 on a gaming rig, you might want to do just the slightest bit of research first. A Ryzen 7 2700x or a a Core i9 9900k are the best choices you can make for that.
wow wow wow that incredible !!! I used to be so into computers like 10 years ago then things happened called life so it kind of took a backseat, but I would of never guessed in a mill years after 10 plus years with cars that drive them selfs that frame rates would even be an issue I mean I always know there is competition to have the fastest scores but not that u cant run max and be happy with the speed in todays world,. so I didn't even think about checking into things really I just seen the latest stuff and went with it, well live and learn!!! what do you guys feel at this point would make the best impact ? get an intel cpu and motherboard, or get the other amd cpu or get a matching 2080 ti video card? and thanks again for the help anyone want to buy this AMD for half price!!!

wow wow wow that incredible !!! I used to be so into computers like 10 years ago then things happened called life so it kind of took a backseat, but I would of never guessed in a mill years after 10 plus years with cars that drive them selfs that frame rates would even be an issue I mean I always know there is competition to have the fastest scores but not that u cant run max and be happy with the speed in todays world,. so I didn't even think about checking into things really I just seen the latest stuff and went with it, well live and learn!!! what do you guys feel at this point would make the best impact ? get an intel cpu and motherboard, or get the other amd cpu or get a matching 2080 ti video card? and thanks again for the help anyone want to buy this AMD for half price!!!

If you’re building this thing for X-Plane 11 get an I9-9900k with a good custom cooler. They’re going away from OpenGL to Vulkan at some point. That’ll mean better use of multiple threads. The I9-9900k has 16 threads so that should do for the foreseeable future. I’m running a GTX1080ti with an I7-5930k, stock clocked these days, and have no problems running X-Plane 11.30 on a 4k tv and also in VR. With your 2080ti and an I9-9900k you be a solid step above my allready very fluid performance.

Last edited:
Threadripper is not a gaming CPU. And yes, I know X-Plane is a flight simulator, don't get hung up on the semantic difference between simulator and game, the hardware you run these applications on doesn't care.

I've been a flight simmer for 25 years. I've upgraded my CPU in my flight sim machine 4 times in the last 6 years in pursuit of higher minimum FPS in the most demanding scenarios (dense 3rd party scenery with complex 3rd party aircraft, bad weather, and heavy AI traffic). There still isn't a CPU that can handle this scenario acceptably, in my opinion. So you know what I'm doing? I stopped upgrading. I stopped pursuing incremental performance gains from generation to generation and I'm holding out with my 5.2GHz 7700k until Sunny Cove comes out later this year. This is the first CPU that will offer significantly higher per-thread performance which is the largest hardware bottleneck for flight simulators today (and always has been). Until or unless someone cracks the serialism "problem", single thread performance is king.

If X Plane is very important to you, I would build a secondary PC for that. You probably got this 2990WX to do other things than just play X Plane I would think, haha.

While the 9900k is the fastest for Xplane, an 8700k or 9700k will provide mostly the same performance. The game also scales well with fast, low latency RAM.

well I didn't build it just for x plane but for sims in general I have a remote control car sim that I use in the off season to keep me sharp for the next racing season, but when I left off 10 years ago amd was ahead in the gaming world and worse 10 years ago my other system is amd 3.0 and so is this!!!! shouldn't we be ay like 15mhz!!!!! terrible

and I downloaded and tried the program listed above but did not well as far as x plane, I am just going to get another video card at this point if I am getting 20 now maybe 2 will get me 40fps!!!!

not clock speed but core performance

corespeed x the number of core the software can utlize = full performance

the problem is you bought a lot of cores that does absolute nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back