FPS games - what is your all time favorite weapon?

Kevl4R said:
Honorable Mention: Quake 3 - Fist. Getting a fist kill and hearing..HUMILIATION....priceless.

In Q3 it's called the gauntlet.

My fav: rocket launcher q3

But probably the most fun was the cannon from Serious Sam: 2nd Encounter

Hmm.

Gravity Gun, HL2 (duh)

Lightsaber, JK 2 and JA

Flack Cannon, UTK4

Thompson, DoD:S

shrink gun - duke3D
shrinking someone in lan play, then running after 'em and.. *squish*.. so satisfying :)

honorable mentions:
gravity gun & crossbow - HL2
chainsaw - DOOM

Gravity Gun --- HL2
Flak Cannon --- UT2K4
Railgun ---- Red Faction
M4A1 ---- CS:S
Para-Ordinance P14-45 w/ laser sight ---- Global Operations

I had a lot of fun with the MP5 w/ grenade launcher in the original HL. Emptying a 30rd mag then launching a grenade (ke-thunk) to finish them off was the best. I loved launching grenades through windows to surprise people inside.

Flak cannon, redeemer, and the HL2 crossbow were also great. flak cannon would win if it didnt have so much of an arc to the secondary fire, couldnt shoot that far.

Not particularly sure, but it's going to have to be something from the Turok series... All of them had awesome weapons!

ohh...thought of another one

i think it was called the hand cannon, from conkers bad fur day

it was a bigass revolver that killed in one shot no matter what, and it had a scope, with ab out half the zoom of the sniper rifle.....

oh the joy

2nd to that in that game, the katana....silent running, not showing up on radar, and chopping heads off was the shit!

Doom/Doom 2 Chaingun

There has never been anything since quite like the experience of walking into a room full of over a dozen demons and just standing there sweeping the chaingun back and forth across the room. The monsters crying out as they see you and attack, then screaming in pain as they get hit by your chain gun, then moaning as they fall over dead. And so much going on all at once that you don't even know if they are about to overrun you inspite of your chaingun until it's almost too late. Nothing Freaking Like It.

q3 rox or rail gun

q2 rail gun or chaingun was devestating in CTF. go in with 2-3 teammates, against a basefull of guys, and have atum. flags now yours.

BF2 USMC Spec Ops: M4 is so nice

Shaddow Warrior: dual weilding Uzi's saying "Who wanta some Wang" roflmao, o that was fun times.

Duke Nukems shotgun was always a blast to use.

Since we're not constrained to FPS weapons that you carry, I'll go with the mini-gun on the blackhawk in BF2. It's just so freakin' devastating and it sounds like... like... music to my ears. :D

From Counter Strike, the M4, I really like the multipurpose of this gun.

From Unreal Tournament, heat seeking rockets. Love it when they lock on a target.

From Half Life 2, the gravity gun. Opens up new levels of play and is so much fun on Ravenwood.

From Quake III, the rocket launcher. Not only a weapon but also a method to jump higher. lol

Rob

Shrinker from Duke3D, nothing better than shrinking your apponent and then stepping on them. It was so much fun when they actually avoided you for a while, but ya know eventually you got em, silly dwarfs :D

Turok had some badass weapons - it was one of the first games I remember where you'd just launch bodies like it was nobody's business.

Quake 3 rocket launcher. The thing is just so versatile!
Jump higher, move faster, launch peeps, air juggle peeps . Too fun. :D

Gernade launcher from Tribe 2.
or
The chaingun or Thompson from Serious Same: The Second Encounter

Rail gun! From Quake 2 :cool:

The Particle gun in FEAR has a warm place in my heart also! :)

BFG from DOOM and Quake glory need some attention.

DOOM's BFG was the first gun where you could destroy everything in the area with one shot!

CLASSIC!

Shotgun (All FPS games). Nothing says "Fuck You" like a shotgun blast to the face, up close and personal.

Ruffy said:
Boom stick - Tribes - Shifter
Disc Launcher - Tribes
Sniper Rifle/Rail Gun - Tribes - Shifter

I want to have sex with your face :D

But what about the rocket launcher and mortar!!!! Rocket launcher or mortar + mines = B I G A I R!!! Trvel the map in 5 seconds muhahahah.

Other than that... what about the BFG10k from QII!!!!! OHH MYY FUCKIN GAWD!!! N00B PWNIJ IN DM BABY!!

OH DAM!!! What about the... Rocket Launcher, Tommygun, HMG and Flamethrower from KingPin!!!!!

bah, noobs and their weapons from brand new games that copy weapons from old games!

q2 railgun. best. weapon. ever.

lfire ctf: quad + amp + railgun = giblets

Only way to live was to be maxed on red armor / powershield / deflector, and even then you'd be blown across the map :D

If you were cheap you could use 8x chaingun thundering death. The first time I heard a quad+amped chaingun was frightening, indeed :)

I miss the good old days of online gaming, when there were only about 3 games everyone played, so if you were good, you really had something to brag about :p The competetive online communities stink now.

Every q2 weapon except for the exceedingly cheap railgun. It is like id put up a sign saying "here is the perfect weapon for aimbots, please start coding them asap".

Then with q3a, they nerfed the rocket launcher, the grenade launcher and the supershotgun, while doing little or nothing to the railgun. We won't even get into how they took a perfectly good gameplay model and perverted it into marioquake.

grrrr.

q2 Railgun . I think everyone who played this game can recognize this fact. After this, I would say the UZI from SHOGO. That was awesome . I really liked all the guns from Shogo honestly. The rail from Red Faction was good too. I really liked the plasma gun from UT, doing the combo's kicked ass.

I also like the Kar98 from CoD. That is about the best bolt in a game I think . Love that gun. I havent played with the guns much from quake 4, but I like the shotgun alot , and the plasma gun there is nice too

The stake gun in Painkiller is lethal !

I like the grav gun in HL, but dont play that much anymore. heh .

Super shotgun from Doom II. The sound (BOOM... click, click, click), the animation, the power... just awesome.

Other than that, I'd say the railgun from Quake II.

Back