FPS Freak? anyone tryed it?

40 views no comments, check out the reviews on these things, sounds pretty legit

I just ordered the FPS Freak and Speed Freak combo. I'll give it a shot and see how they are. I play a wide range of console games, not just FPS. I'll let you know what I think.

This looks like it could be really useful! Really one of my biggest frustrations with console shooters is trying to do precise aiming and repeatedly overshooting / undershooting on the targeting. There's often very little difference between no motion and full speed on the aiming stick... so this could really help out.

Funny you brought these up.. I just ordered some of these last week and I got them yesterday.

I've only got one on the right thumbstick for aiming (don't really need one on left stick) and immediately I noticed a much smoother curve to aiming in FPS games. It does take a bit of getting used to, but overall they were worth the $9 I paid. Use coupon code "dwestbrook" for $1 off...

They add more height to your stick giving you more horizontal movement and more leverage to control your aiming. I don't really see a need for the left stick to have one, unless you need to make tiny movements there too, but usually it's not necessary.

Great little product! Don't expect miracles though.. it just enhances your gameplay slightly. I think I'll put the other one on another controller and maybe get some for gifts for friends...

ew sorry i missed that... anyways just got mine in and they are pretty much what everyone says. They DO work. They do not perform miracles, but it does seem easier to get headshots and long shots and i have noticed that i do not go through ammo as fast but agian they are no miracle worker but for 10 bucks, you would be a fool not to get them

Haven't tried it, but I don't see how plugin that into your controller can help you aim better. If you want to aim better play on your PC :D

I've been using the FPS Freak while playing Mass Effect 2. I played about 8 hours without and then 8 hours with. It's definitely better playing with it. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I will be the first to tell you that I despise console FPS's. That said, I picked up MW2 to play with buddies. One of them picked me up a set of these and I would never play an fps without them again! They really do make a huge difference, in a good way. Resistance is the same regardless of motion. I highly recommend these.

I will be the first to tell you that I despise console FPS's. That said, I picked up MW2 to play with buddies. One of them picked me up a set of these and I would never play an fps without them again! They really do make a huge difference, in a good way. Resistance is the same regardless of motion. I highly recommend these.

After reading this, I'm sold on this FPS Freeks now.

Thumbs up from my experience also. Price is right also, I found shipping to Canada, occurred with out a hitch. Good little product!

I use one on my right stick for every fps game -- absolutely love the thing. I feel like I can crank my sensitivity up now so I can spin and turn more like I was playing a pc game, while still being able to control my reticule when I'm sniping or need fine adjustments.

ew sorry i missed that... anyways just got mine in and they are pretty much what everyone says. They DO work. They do not perform miracles, but it does seem easier to get headshots and long shots and i have noticed that i do not go through ammo as fast but agian they are no miracle worker but for 10 bucks, you would be a fool not to get them

No prob, but make sure to keep your eye on this controller

http://gizmodo.com/5445490/razers-t...er-hands-on-a-console-controller-for-pc-nerds

I just ordered some because of this thread. The logic behind it makes it seem as if it will work. I'll report back once I get them and try them out.

The only thing I don't like about the controller is that it isn't wireless. I sit a good 7-8 feet from my tv, so having a cable run across the floor is something I try to avoid. Other than that it looks bad ass!

That Razer controller looks interesting but why oh why did they put 2 shoulder buttons so close together on it?

I guess it's good for those double-shot type gamers who buy the modded controllers, but it looks a little awkward to me.

with these add-ons you essentially make the first 20% easier because you need to use more motion to aim which makes it easier as you can be more precise on a 2mm movement instead of a 1/2mm movement.

when it comes to sensitivity this also makes a huge difference, the higher the sensitivity the more accurate you have to move in the 20% range, this is why everyone has there sens limit. if they go over there accuracy drops drastically. with these you can play at higher sens without hindering your accuracy or even improving it.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=32352605&postRepeater1-p=1

now i'm sold too :D :D too bad limewire.co.uk does not the sell the 2in1 pack, ( i don't play any realistic racing sims but who knows, they might help in flat out 2 and sonic all star racing :p )

Why not try this out first before you buy?

Wad up some duct tape and throw it on the end of the stick. Walla, saved 10 bucks.

I purchased a set of these about three weeks ago, due to my extreme suckage at MW2. It was probably a combination of the sticks and more gametime but my game has stepped up tremendously. Most games I am in the top three.

I fail to see how this changes anything. The stick is still moving just as much as before, you're just making it taller.

I fail to see how this changes anything. The stick is still moving just as much as before, you're just making it taller.

yea it allows more control, its a simple concept and i think most people just overlook it and write it off as being "a waste of money" when in reality its a really sweet simple trick to up your FPS skills.. withthat being said the reason the controller did not come like that is because the things are designed for fps only... dont think they would really help in other games but maybe?

I'm still not seeing it. I looked at these about a year ago and it didn't make sense then. The original stick still has the same limitation.

well it does have the same limitations but you can control the movement better.... its 10 bucks and with all the positive reviews how could you be agianst it... you cant find one place where the majority says its not worth the money... in all the reviews i have seen i would say at least 80% agreed that it was well worth the money

There's also this thing where humans spend more money on things thinking that the higher the price the higher the quality. Ever hear of the placebo effect?

USPS tracking says these should be delivered today. Hopefully it'll help me with MAG because I've been playing MW2 and BF:BC2 alot on my X360 and I can use it far better than the PS3 controller. We shall see.

Placed an order today as well cause my console fps skills are laughable. My buddies are always astounded at how bad I am with controllers after having played with me for years on the PC :D.

Also, does this thing come with one or two units per order? They show extensions for both buttons on the controller but does anyone actually use both or just the right analog to aim?

Placed an order today as well cause my console fps skills are laughable. My buddies are always astounded at how bad I am with controllers after having played with me for years on the PC :D.

Also, does this thing come with one or two units per order? They show extensions for both buttons on the controller but does anyone actually use both or just the right analog to aim?

Come with 2 per order, I put one on my 360 and ps3, left stick.

i just bought a pair a few days ago, waiting for them to get in. i've always despised xbox controllers because their joystics suck, so i'm looking forward to using them. i cant wait until this razer controller comes out, looks great.

And this is why everyone else thinks Americans are so retarded :mad:

It's 5th grade geometry...maybe you should go back and learn a thing or two.

I got these in yesterday. The extra height to the thumb sticks definitely took a minute to get used to, but once it did, I didn't notice them.

As far as how it changes the way I play, I definitely could tell a difference in MAG and BF:BC2 (X360). I could slow my aim to a snail's pace, which was incredibly helpful when sniping. Being able to follow/lead someone with the sniper rifle was much easier. I wasn't jumping back and forth while trying to follow them.

Very well worth the $9.99 (If you buy 2 pair they give you a discount down to $8.99 each)

If you have trouble with FPS games on console, definitely check these things out.

Well I order a pair because of this thread lol. Since I only need one for aiming I will use one of my 360 controller and the other on my PS3 controller. My 360 controller is pretty warn down and it will be nice to have grips on it again.

Back