FP2141 22" in NEC

Rel1c

Weaksauce
Anyone have any clue on why these 2 horizontal black lines are on this monitor? There is one near the top and one near the bottom. Both of them seem to be about a pixel or 2 wide and stretch the entire width of the monitor. I sent my 2001fp back to get this monitor and these lines are driving me crazy. If they can't be removed, is there a 22/21" monitor that is as nice as the NEC but without lines?

Its the type of tube thats used in these monitors, i guess i have used these types of monitors for so long that i don't even notice them now.

I can say for certain that you will find these lines on the NEC, Viewsonic, and i believe Sony crt's as well.

All Aperture grille monitors like the NEC 2141 will have the lines. Most people generally accept them and dont even notice them after a while. If you absolutely cant accept the lines you need to find a shadowmask tube based monitor instead of an aperture grille monitor.

Ok, I can get past the black lines. I've learned to ignore them. Whats bothering me now is the blurry text. Please tell me this isn't normal? I know my 19" NEC wasn't even remotely as bad as this. Anyone have any 21" viewsonic reviews? I don't think I can keep this NEC without losing my sanity.

I had the 2141 next to a 1901fp (19" LCD). The blurry text is one reason why the 2141 went back. They were both on the same vid card at the same time. Text was definately blurry. I can't see how people brag about this monitor doing more than 1600x1200 as text is too blurry at the native resolution. Anything more than 1600x1200 seems worthless to me, as 1600x1200 was barely usable IMO. I don't know what to tell you. If you are looking for a crisp image go with an LCD.

Well i believe nec recommends 1600by1200 with this monitor. Its just that its capable of running 20by15 if you wanna but a 24inch montior would be much more suited for that.

:edit: also i have had the worst experience with viewsonic and blurry text, i had their 19in and it was the top of the line i believe pf95+ (don't quote me on that lol) but i sent it back a couple times and the text never improved. I can't speak for the large 21 inch viewsonic, and im sure not everyone has had the same experience as me.

Thank god I have found a solution to my blurry woes. After searching around I finally found information about the focus adjustment holes on the left side of the monitor. 2 minutes and a long screwdriver later-- Perfect picture. Absolutely wonderful! Not one blurry piece of text anywhere!

Rel

I have a 22" NEC FP1355. I have the same lines but the lines I have is so light gray, almost white. Its only noticable on a bright white background. I love these lines for using them to line up layers in Photoshop. You dont notice them after awhile unless your working and using them as guides.

Back