FoxNet is Working on an Alien MMO Shooter

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Following the release of Alien: Isolation in 2014, fans have been hungry for another big game set in the Aliens universe. So, I bet you can image the fanbase's reaction when they learned the highly anticipated Alien: Blackout is actually a mobile game today. Fortunately, several media outlets received a email from Fox claiming that Cold Iron Studios, FoxNext Games' studio, is working on a "massively multiplayer online shooter set in the Alien cinematic universe for consoles and PC." TweakTown posted the full email, which you can see below, and they suggest that the upcoming game could have a PvE focus. Tie ins with other forms of media, like movies, comics, and even the mobile game are likely too, but confirmed details about the game are scarce now. Given their Twitter activity and posts on other social media, it looks like Cold Iron Studios have been churning away on this MMO for some time. Thanks to dgz for the tip.

Check out the much beloved Alien: Blackout trailer here.

This year, fans of the critically-acclaimed Alien: Isolation video game are invited to embark on new adventures with Ellen Ripley's daughter, Amanda, by watching, playing, and reading her story as she renews her fight against the aliens after the events of Isolation. "20th Century Fox will partner with a wide range of storytellers and innovators to bring this epic chapter in the Alien Universe to life, with even more entries in Amanda Ripley's story soon to be announced. "FoxNext Games' studio, Cold Iron Studios, is also currently at work on a massively multiplayer online shooter set in the Alien cinematic universe for consoles and PC."

CalmCelebratedAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

Hot damn, the dislikes on the video as of this post:

286 likes
7.3K dislikes

Alien: Isolation is one of my favorite games, and the 1979 retrofuturism aesthetic was damn near perfect.
The textures and graphics on this, though, look so awful and low-res - this is what "gaming" will be like if these game devs and publishers decide to move to mobile, aka, another cash-grab and another great IP ruined.

"Do you guys not have phones?"
Just, wow...

EDIT:
They are deleting the dislikes, now it is at 5.2K dislikes.
Damage control indeed.

Last edited:
Bloody hell, the original was a great PC game and even better in VR, what makes them think that is a good idea to make the sequel a MOBILE GAME!? Especially after this Diablo Immortal fiasco?

At this point I'm surprised anyone believes MMO's and FPS's should ever be merged.

Hot damn, the dislikes on the video as of this post:

286 likes
7.3K dislikes

Alien: Isolation is one of my favorite games, and the 1979 retrofuturism aesthetic was damn near perfect.
The textures and graphics on this, though, look so awful and low-res - this is what "gaming" will be like if these game devs and publishers decide to move to mobile, aka, another cash-grab and another great IP ruined.

"Do you guys not have phones?"
Just, wow...

EDIT:
They are deleting the dislikes, now it is at 5.2K dislikes.
Damage control indeed.

8.1k now. It is spreading like wildfire.

Wait....wasn't the AI in Isolation abysmal?
I thought it was a terrible game.
MMO Alien game....how do the aliens get tougher....."ooo i leveled up, now i have two stabby tails"

Wait....wasn't the AI in Isolation abysmal?
I thought it was a terrible game.
MMO Alien game....how do the aliens get tougher....."ooo i leveled up, now i have two stabby tails"

You are mixing Isolation with Colonial Marines. Former was a great survival horror game and the Alien AI was very good where the latter was a horrible bait-and-switch action shooter with broken AI.

Loved AI and was really looking forward to a prequel or sequel. They had room for both. This, well, no. I can see some potential for an MMO with people being able to play space marines or aliens but it should be a totally separated story line. Leave the single player alone. Poor Amanda/Ripley.
Alien3_JesusChristPose-thumb-860xauto-31210.jpg

FOX's greatest sin was the tease. Teasing and not delivering is the best way to piss off fans.

Moving forward I now doubt an Isolation sequel is in the works. Maybe that's a good thing, start and end it on a high note. That being said, I'd love to see the game re-released with updated ray tracing graphics some day years from now.

FoxNext is the developer for a mobile game called “Marvel Strike Force” the game has more loot boxes and pay-to-win walls than any game I have ever seen. Not only that the prices are astronomical.

If you have any faith in this game - you are setting yourself up for a big letdown.

FoxNext is the developer for a mobile game called “Marvel Strike Force” the game has more loot boxes and pay-to-win walls than any game I have ever seen. Not only that the prices are astronomical.

If you have any faith in this game - you are setting yourself up for a big letdown.

Ages ago I set up a jailbroken iPad with some sort of local in app purchase hack. Was able to rack up like 100K USD in microtransactions to max out account data. It's like masturbating for your e-peen. XD

Please tell me there will be a crossover with the Diablo mobile game, and disgruntled fans of both series can attack each other.

the unlimited cash flow from microtransactions has changed the gaming landscape forever.

It’s sad because gaming has been one of my favorite hobbies since early 90s and microtransactions are ruining it. Thinking of 90s I want to dig up my old Lynx and try to beat Gates of Zendocon...never beat that game.

Back