Foxconn to Invest $40M in Pennsylvania Manufacturing

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Foxconn, one of China’s largest manufacturing corporations and best known for its Apple affiliation, (and employees committing suicide) will be developing a new facility in Harrisburg. Foxconn will be investing $30 Million in manufacturing and another $10 Million into Research and Development.

According to Foxconn chief Terry Gou, the company will create 500 jobs in Pennsylvania with the facility. Foxconn has another plant in the area that accounts for 30 employees.

So will the money for nets come from the manufacturing budget or the research and development budget????? Probably should invest in bullet proof vests for management since we have so many gun owners over here.

Foxconn spends over $0.04 billion dollars on janitorial services.

$40 million would not maintain their parking lots...

Best guess? Their spies have seen US Congress emails that US companies have sent.

... and how much of that is for legal funds when US worker laws are enforced? 93%?

How much will they be getting in tax breaks and/or kickbacks for being job creators?

Just more ways for China to fund its military build-up and imperialism in Asia to steal more territory from the smaller countries.

I have said it before here but it bears repeating. Would you trust the minimum wage workers here putting together the motherboards and consumer electronics or the people in China?

I will take the people in China any day.

I have said it before here but it bears repeating. Would you trust the minimum wage workers here putting together the motherboards and consumer electronics or the people in China?

Just more ways for China to fund its military build-up and imperialism in Asia to steal more territory from the smaller countries.

Now now... Foxconn is really Taiwanese, although it still doesn't take the fact that the company is one of the biggest employers in PRC away.

@mi7chy: China starting it's own co-prosperity "sinosphere" is very real, and they calling out on Pre-WW2 Japan all the time is a case of pot calling kettle black tbh.

Meh Foxconn Walmart slight difference only. Let's not compare them to old Japan that's a whole another level, have to admit though that brutality channeled into making products did quite well down the line.

just another sign the US is on its way to being the next 3rd world country

I'm not sure I like this. Robotic equipment. Wondering if this is how China will steal our multi-axis simultaneous motion technology. If I recall correctly it is illegal to export technology that can make simultaneous coordinated movements with more than 5 axis at the same time. At least it used to be...

worm

Why? Quality standards are much lower in China.

haha, us folks mindlessly bashing [placeholder] is indeed hilarious

I guess the U.S. is starting to miss some of those interest payments to China so now we have to start giving up some of our land. It's just a matter of time before we lose it all.

and how much is being invested in nets?

As a lifelong Browns fan I'm happy Foxconn is moning into Penn! That'll be a few hundred less Steelers fans a year without nets installed!

Back