Foxconn Mars or Asus P5Q-E

egyteam

Limp Gawd
in my country Foxconn Mars is available and I really like it, but it has an older chipset P35. There is also P5Q-E available, but I read some bad reviews about the P5Q-E, so my choice is between the Foxconn Mars ($190) and the Asus P5Q-E ($210), I will use an E8400 CPU.
I also want to know if the Q6600 is a good alternative? it costs same price as E8400

Thanks

45nm CPUs enjoy P45 boards (not that the numbers match or anything)
hmmm, maybe that was 45nm QUADS... i forgot.
as far as the problems with the p5q-e , all i can see is problems with Bios; with newer bioses people are getting freezes and bsods, apparently the version 0803 bios is the only good one

The P5Q-E is almost certianly going to OC better then the Mars. However, you have failed to give information on what features you need or don't need, or what other components will go in with this build. Without that information it will be very hard for anyone to give you legit advice.

As far as Q6600 vs. E8400, search that in the "Intel Processors" section because there have probably got to be like 10 different threads within the last month debating those two processors.

Back