Foxconn Manager Stole 5,700 iPhones

HardOCP News

[H] News
This guy definitely qualifies for Stupid Criminal of the Day. Aside from the fact that those stolen phones have to be activated to be used, how in the hell do you think you aren't going to be caught when you have eight employees helping you steal that many phones?

A former senior manager at Taiwan's technology giant Foxconn has been indicted for stealing and selling 5,700 iPhones in China to pocket around US$1.56 million (S$2.2 million), Taiwanese prosecutors said Friday. Foxconn is the world's largest contract electronics maker and assembles products for international brands such as Apple and Sony. It employs about one million workers at its factories across China.

Uh Steve.... this is actually VERY VERY COMMON. These were not retail handsets, these were testing units. They were never going to retail shelves and tracked, they were going to the scrap heap....it is actually very surprising these guys were caught and are being prosecuted.

Go on eBay right now. Search for "ES Intel Xeon". All those hits are from Intel Engineering Sample CPUs that were supposed to have been scrapped (by various OEM hardware testing units)...but made it onto to market by willing corporate employees wanting to turn a buck just like these perps.

Doesn't surprise me.

What I find interesting is that the Chinese don't even trust the products in their country. I had to buy three iPhone 7's for my business partners Chinese friends because they didn't trust the ones in the country, they wanted them from the US supply.

Doesn't surprise me.

What I find interesting is that the Chinese don't even trust the products in their country. I had to buy three iPhone 7's for my business partners Chinese friends because they didn't trust the ones in the country, they wanted them from the US supply.

Wow, wonder how many fakes there are floating around. iFone anyone? lol

Back