Foxconn going crazy with rebates

Abu Som3a

Gawd
Video cards
$70 - FOXCONN FV-N76TM2DT-R3 Geforce 7600 GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card Retail ($20MIR)
$43 - FOXCONN 8400GS-256 GeForce 8400 GS 256MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card Retail ($25MIR)
$140 - Foxconn 8600GTS-256 GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB PCI Express Video Card w/Dual DVI Retail ($50MIR)
$93 - Foxconn 8600GT-256 GeForce 8600 GT 256MB PCI Express Video Card w/Dual DVI Retail ($20MIR)
$66 - Foxconn 8500GT-256 GeForce 8500 GT 256MB PCI Express Video Card Retail ($35MIR)

Mobo's:
$67 - FOXCONN A690GM2MA-8KRS2H AMD AM2 Socket AM2 2000 MHz PC2-6400 (DDR2-800) mATX Motherboard Retail ($25MIR)
$75 - Foxconn N570SM2AA-8EKRS2H nForce 570 SLI Socket AM2 1000MHz DDR2-800 Motherboard Retail ($30MIR)

Expect 3 months and a call before they send you the check.

is 8400 GS support HDCP?
It should support it. That Foxconn card looks exactly like my LeadTek 8400GS and it supports HDCP according to LeadTek. I might verify it later. I took it out of my HTPC yesterday when I upgraded it to a x1650 Pro HDMI. d'oh.

Foxconn motherboards are horrible (compared to other brands) so massive rebates won't help them. Maybe they can boost sales, but Foxconn needs to focus on quality + reliability.

Foxconn motherboards are horrible (compared to other brands) so massive rebates won't help them. Maybe they can boost sales, but Foxconn needs to focus on quality + reliability.

Are you serious? Foxconn is the largest manufacturer of motherboards in the world. They make custom boards for Dell, Intel, HP, and a lot of the reference designs for boards such as the Nforce 590 SLI. They also made the majority of the 8800 series cards in existence. They make the motherboards for the Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, iPod nano, iPhone, and Macbook Pro.

I think they have a pretty reliable process.

Are you serious? Foxconn is the largest manufacturer of motherboards in the world. They make custom boards for Dell, Intel, HP, and a lot of the reference designs for boards such as the Nforce 590 SLI. They also made the majority of the 8800 series cards in existence. They make the motherboards for the Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, iPod nano, iPhone, and Macbook Pro.

QFT

well im thinking 2400 pro or 8400/8500 for my HTPC setup

thanks

Go for the 8600GT, or at least the 8500.

The 8600GT has the best HD playback of the 8 series and pretty much all the current cards becuase there have been a ton of driver prolems with the ATIs.

I have 2 (XFX and eVGA) and love them.

That's called somebody talking out of their ass! (not you, the guy you quoted)

well im thinking 2400 pro or 8400/8500 for my HTPC setup

thanks
Go for the 8600GT, or at least the 8500.

The 8600GT has the best HD playback of the 8 series and pretty much all the current cards becuase there have been a ton of driver prolems with the ATIs.

I have 2 (XFX and eVGA) and love them.
Ya, A few people here and in other forums have been saying that the ati 2400/2600 has hdcp issues.

The 8500 or 8600gt seem like your best bet. If i'm not mistaken the 8600gt has an extra feature or two missing in the 8500gt (?) Might be worth a little research.

That's called somebody talking out of their ass! (not you, the guy you quoted)
He's probably getting his info from other sources on the web. I've also read plenty of recent horror stories about recent Foxconn motherboards while researching issues i had with my craptacular 6150BK8MC-KRSHN2. Heck i even read that Dell had plenty of problems with their mobo's but i couldn't verify that info with any certainty.

my 2c

I am just speaking purely from what I have experienced and heard. I've only used Foxconn twice (because they were cheap) and the quality did match the low price. When you have choices like ABit and Asus on the market, I don't see a reason to go with Foxconn. There are better alternatives.

I probably don't have much credibility in terms of building computers (I've only built one), but I used the nForce 570 SLI board listed up there and got my 3600+ Brisbane up to 3Ghz stable. Previous reviews I had read on that motherboard stated that it was a pretty poor overclocker, but my results were pretty good.

yea... um... i'm a professional system builder and i've built PRIMARILY around foxconn boards for the past 3 years, and they're DEFINITELY not crap...

somebody is definitely talking out of thier ass

EDIT: and also, foxconn makes majority of evgas boards too... which are generally highly regarded...

Foxconn rebates NEVER worked for me. They are just scams.
^^^

Many people are complaining about Foxconn rebates on FW. The rebates have very odd terms on the form (you must write several specific things on the back of the envelope, for example) and many people have complained that even when done correctly, it still requires follow up and a long time to receive it.

I'm passing on these deals for those reasons.

^^^

Many people are complaining about Foxconn rebates on FW. The rebates have very odd terms on the form (you must write several specific things on the back of the envelope, for example) and many people have complained that even when done correctly, it still requires follow up and a long time to receive it.

I'm passing on these deals for those reasons.

Yes, that's part of the scam. You MUST keep copies of EVRYTHING (including the front and back of the envelope) to confront them 6-8 (or more) months after when they claim you did not meet ALL the requirements of the MIR.

Companies, like Foxconn, offer MIRs when the products are of poor quality (or a defective batch is in the market). By offerring MIRs they avoid losses caused by a recalls and product retruns (no returns without "original" bar code, packaging, etc.).

"Amazing" or "crazy" deals, with MIRs, are almost always associated with a poor quality product, guranateed!

Did I mention "myrebates411.com"? That's Foxconn's previous MIR "processor" (their rule: reject all MIRs and do not pay unless the customer threatens with a lawsuite). After so many customer complains (all over the internet) they have switched to another MIR "processor". I assume the results wouldn't be that different.

In my case (with a defective Foxconn motherboard with a MIR) NewEgg finally took care of everything so that I did not lose money.

As mentioned by somebody else above, Foxconn products, specially very cheap ones, are of very poor qulaity. Most of the time, people do not realize what is wrong at first. It is just a matter of time - until you learn that you got a "lemon".

I'm also one of those people who never got their Foxconn motherboard rebate (this was when they were using Rebate411). At least in my case, the rebate amount was pretty small, and the rebate wasn't a consideration in the first place when I originally picked the board. It was purely a decision based on features, and the fact that the board was pretty much the only one at the time that met all of the requirements I had. I haven't had any issues with the board so far.

But if I had bought one of their budget-grade boards that they were offering $50 rebates on because I thought it would turn out to be a great deal, and ended up never receiving the money back, I'd be flaming mad :p.

I wouldn't necessarily boycott Foxconn because of this experience - like I said, I haven't had any issues with their actual hardware. But until proven otherwise, my personal rule as far as they go is "completely disregard any stated rebate amount" when considering the final price of one of their products.

With some other companies, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they will honor the rebate, especially if I have had prior experience with their rebates. This is especially true if they're the type that send out company reps to the various enthusiast sites, so at least there are people you can go bug if the rebate is late or a no-show.

Totally disagree. I'm 3 for 3 with them. No issues, good BIOS (Phoenix Award), great features for low prices. Quality and reliability are consistently rated very high on the user polls. I'd buy another one in a second over my 2 dead Gigabytes and a dead Asus.

:shrug:

FWIW, I haven't had any problem with ANY rebates going to Myrebates411.com (Foxconn, Sapphire, others).

The requirements are odd and cumbersome, but they do pay them. It just takes the full processing time of 12-14 weeks (we're talking nearly $1000 in rebates here).

Being courteous goes a long way to resolving any rebate troubles, particularly when they're in-house.

Probably the most common problem is handwriting legibility. When it doubt, fill out the rebate form, then send a second sheet with all of the same information typed. Makes it much easier on the rebate processor. ;)

I bought one of the Foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS boards on 8/31/07 for a new build and it has been running fine, but I still have not received my rebate after 12 weeks. I just checked the status on myrebate411.com and am not thrilled by the response.

Transaction ID = xxxxx Qualification Status = Qualified & In Process. This is the final status you will see. We make every effort to issue your check according to the rebate form; however, since this is a business and not a science, our timing cannot always be exact no matter how hard we try.

I bought one of the Foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS boards on 8/31/07 for a new build and it has been running fine, but I still have not received my rebate after 12 weeks. I just checked the status on myrebate411.com and am not thrilled by the response.

Transaction ID = xxxxx Qualification Status = Qualified & In Process. This is the final status you will see. We make every effort to issue your check according to the rebate form; however, since this is a business and not a science, our timing cannot always be exact no matter how hard we try.

LOL.....ok I know what rebate company to stay away now.

I hope you guys who are getting the shaft on the rebates are notifying your retailer of this. If I were someone like Newegg and all my customers who purchased Foxconn products called to complain about invalid MIR's, I'd tell Foxconn to resolve this or we'd drop their product. If the retailer knows about the problem they can identify a pattern and pressure the manufacturer to fix it. They hold more sway with the manufacturer than do individual consumers.

I've never ahd a problem with foxconn products or the rebates, yes they are more complicated than many other rebates but they did come thru for me (4 for 4).

Never tried a rebate, but my Foxconn 590SLI board is flawless and was $79 w/o rebate at Newegg last summer.... was a great bargain.

I bought a Foxconn 6150K8MA from Newegg with a $10 rebate. Everything worked out fine, the board is a champ. When the rebate arrived, it was a plesant surprise. Then again, getting money in the mail always is. I remember writing something on the back of the envelope (the promotion code or something), but I wasn't phased. Thats what reading the directions are for. The only rebate I got burned on was one from OCZ.

yea, i'm out about 30 dollars... I bought one and I checked my status and it seems it can't find it anymore. I didn't make a copy of my UPC... but I still have my newegg order.. ugh.

Actually I believe they design them. Flextronics actually makes them.

Back