Foxconn first to list the 8800 GT. No really. Foxconn.

mentok1982

Supreme [H]ardness
Pretty surprising right?

My GPUReview story. (The site is very ugly. I hate the green and white color scheme.)
GPUReview's fledgling 8800 GT page. (Not all the information is there yet. Power draw and stuff.)

Foxconn's GeForce 8800 GT page.

200710180635170265foxcogi8.jpg

Enjoy!

Core: G96 ?!
maybe G92 is a 112SP 8800GTS?

also i wouldnt add the SP info and shader/pixel fill rates since no one knows them for sure yet

I think that G96 is a mistake on Foxconn's part. The 8800 GT has been widely reported to use G92.

Core: G96 ?!
maybe G92 is a 112SP 8800GTS?

also i wouldnt add the SP info and shader/pixel fill rates since no one knows them for sure yet

The fill rates are made automatically when we enter other data. I was not the one that entered
112 SP in, Mike did that. I assume he got that information for somewhere.

The fill rates are made automatically when we enter other data. I was not the one that entered
112 SP in, Mike did that. I assume he got that information for somewhere.

its one of the rumours flying around :p

I dunno if foxconn made a mistake, maybe the rumours were wrong ^^ I guess we see soon

Could make sense to see
G90 = dual card of some sort
G92 = new GTX maybe 65nm?
G94 = 8800GTS 112SP 65nm
G96 = 8800GT 65nm

You guys are just inventing shit on the fly for something you can't tell is a typo or is legit.

That or G92 wasn't this card ALL ALONG and you guys all fell for it like 3rd graders.

Foxconn is a wayyyyy bigger OEM resailer than EVGA/XFX/BFG is, so it makes sense why have their cards first.

You guys are just inventing shit on the fly for something you can't tell is a typo or is legit.

That or G92 wasn't this card ALL ALONG and you guys all fell for it like 3rd graders.

Foxconn is a wayyyyy bigger OEM resailer than EVGA/XFX/BFG is, so it makes sense why have their cards first.
thats true foxconn is pretty big

Calm down. If the data we entered ends up being wrong, we will change it so it is correct. No
one is correct all of the time. (Except for you.)

Foxconn is a way bigger manufacturer and OEM reseller than EVGA/XFX/BFG combined, so it makes sense why have their cards first.

Fixed.

I'm not really that surprised, to be honest. The GT will probably wind up in a lot of oem systems in the near future so it makes sense that Foxconn would ramp up and be the first to have it.

I'm not really that surprised, to be honest. The GT will probably wind up in a lot of oem systems in the near future so it makes sense that Foxconn would ramp up and be the first to have it.

I am not 100% on who produces the 88xx cards, its all done by one company, asus, or foxconn or another big manufacturer. At first I thought all cards were made by foxconn and distributed around with to the other AIBs, but someone said something different and now I have no clue.

And put my Y's back damnit.

I am not 100% on who produces the 88xx cards, its all done by one company, asus, or foxconn or another big manufacturer. At first I thought all cards were made by foxconn and distributed around with to the other AIBs, but someone said something different and now I have no clue.

The manufacturer of a given series seems to bounce around from gen to gen. I'm not sure if Foxconn is the manufacturer of the 8000 series, but dang they have their hands in just about every cookie jar out there....

And put my Y's back damnit.

The manufacturer of a given series seems to bounce around from gen to gen. I'm not sure if Foxconn is the manufacturer of the 8000 series, but dang they have their hands in just about every cookie jar out there....

I'm pretty sure it was Flextronics not Foxconn, though the names are similar :)

Foxconn and Flextronic both do the same thing and they are #1 and #2 in the world. I would say it looks like Foxxconn is getting or sharing the contract on this one.

Looks gay, and is obviously not a photo of a real card...i wouldnt hold your breath :)

You realize Foxconn is one of nVidia's (and the rest of the worlds) LARGEST manufacturers? Why would they BS? They actually have a reputation to uphold, not like some POS Inq site looking for ad revenue.

You realize Foxconn is one of nVidia's (and the rest of the worlds) LARGEST manufacturers? Why would they BS? They actually have a reputation to uphold, not like some POS Inq site looking for ad revenue.

QFT. Plus Foxconn is the MB chip maker for both 360 and PS3, so they're fairly legit I'd say...

QFT

In additional, don't get into grapevine. :D

Nice find, if Its on Foxconns page its legit. Now for information on the rest of the new cards to trickle out....

Is this correct?

Looking at the GPU Review site and comparing the GT to the GTX, we have the following:
8800 GT
Core Clock: 600 MHz
Shader Clock: 1500 MHz
Memory Clock: 900 MHz (1800 DDR)
Memory Bandwidth: 57.6 GB/sec
Shader Operations: 168000 Operations/sec
Pixel Fill Rate: 14400 MPixels/sec
Texture Fill Rate: 19200 MTexels/sec

8800 GTX
Core Clock: 575 MHz
Shader Clock: 1350 MHz
Memory Clock: 900 MHz (1800 DDR)
Memory Bandwidth: 86.4 GB/sec
Shader Operations: 172800 Operations/sec

Pixel Fill Rate: 13800 MPixels/sec
Texture Fill Rate: 18400 MTexels/sec

If the above information is true and not speculation/approximation, then the GT at a lower price than the GTX is a better deal out of the two. And, comparing it to the GTS, the GT falls somewhere between the GTS and GTX, but somehow performs better on pixel and texture fill rate than the GTX.

Not bad at all. Looks like NVIDIA's poised to really punch the 2900 Pro right in the gut. It might not be a knockout, per se, but NVIDIA's going to getting the hits in. This thing's going to end up scraping awfully close to the GTX given the specs (assuming it is indeed a 112 SP part, which I'm still doubting to some degree).

I would have really preferred that AMD stay very competitive at this price point for at least a while longer, but it's again very possible that AMD will be "back in the game" fairly soon. Hopefully the RV-series chips will give AMD a solid heave-ho back into being highly competitive.

Now, we just need some juicy details about the high-end stuff before my step-up eligibility expires.

According to GPU review, same TMUs, same ROPs, only 16 less shaders and a smaller memory bus, which who knows if G80 even needed that power to begin with. All with a likely very overclockable core.

It's only 10 1/2 days away so I think good chance this is legit. At least the pic of the card and general information.

G96 though.............hmmmmm. Gives one pause.

According to GPU review, same TMUs, same ROPs, only 16 less shaders and a smaller memory bus, which who knows if G80 even needed that power to begin with. All with a likely very overclockable core.
well that cant be right then because TMU is tied into the Stream Processors(i.e. 128=64, 96=48) and ROP is tied into the memory bus(i.e. 384bit=24, 320bit=20). if this card has 112 SP and is 256bit it would have 56 TMU and 16 ROP.

Mega gay looking.

BTW OP, please stop pimping your site. I'm pretty sure it's against the [H] rules.

Come on, in the last month this has been the only piece off concrete info. Cut him some slack!!!! :D

More like last 5 months...

OMG you are right. That is crazy.

Actually the reason I said 1 month was becasue ATI cards came out a bit back, so there was factual info then.

But I just took a quick look, and for nVidia, u r right!!!! Whe have been BSing about this nonsense for like almost 1/2 year. :(

OMG you are right. That is crazy.

Actually the reason I said 1 month was becasue ATI cards came out a bit back, so there was factual info then.

But I just took a quick look, and for nVidia, u r right!!!! Whe have been BSing about this nonsense for like almost 1/2 year. :(

Sucks doesnt it. We still havent heard anything from nVidia either. Those sneaky little bastards are starting to piss me off. The VP investor conference call was in May...5ish months ago.

Mega gay looking.

BTW OP, please stop pimping your site. I'm pretty sure it's against the [H] rules.

1. I wish you guys would stop using the word "gay" in a derogatory way. There is nothing wrong
with being gay. A lot of the forums I post on do not allow it.

2. There was no thread in these forums about Foxconn's 8800 GT page. I made one and I
provided links to the story I wrote and a link directly to Foxconn's site. I am not trying to
trick anyone into visiting the site. The links were clearly labeled. I am glad that people visit our
site, but I am in no way actively trying to get more people to come to the site.

EDIT:

Come on, in the last month this has been the only piece off concrete info. Cut him some slack!!!! :D

Thank you SpeedyVV.

1. I wish you guys would stop using the word "gay" in a derogatory way. There is nothing wrong
with being gay. A lot of the forums I post on do not allow it.

2. There was no thread in these forums about Foxconn's 8800 GT page. I made one and I
provided links to the story I wrote and a link directly to Foxconn's site. I am not trying to
trick anyone into visiting the site. The links were clearly labeled. I am glad that people visit our
site, but I am in no way actively trying to get more people to come to the site.

EDIT:

Thank you SpeedyVV.

Agreed 100%... just ignore the more foolish comments. You're doing people a favor with your posts :).

Back